Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Urgent ..Plz help me with info for my Peugeot 206 LX 1.1 service

Options
  • 04-06-2005 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

i am an IT professional who recently came to ireland from India. i bought a 2001 registered Peugeot 206 1.1 LX from a private dealer. the car was originally bought from MONGEY PLUNKETT MOTORS. Its has run 39500. I need to service it urgently because of low battery, low oil etc. Also the NCT falls on this month.

I would like to get some info from other peugeot owners/others whether i should take the car for service to a Peugeot dealer(I have read reviews at CBG and carzone that the dealer service is very poor) or to some other work shops.

Plz suggest a Good dealer / garage in DUBLIN who will not make ur pocket empty and still offer good service

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

My wife has used Peugeot dealers for a number of years and I don't think any of them employed trained mechanics.
    However, there is little to go wrong on a 206 and any competent mechanic should be able to service it.
    What is wrong with the battery?
    If you have low oil, then top it up ffs! Didn't you get an owners manual with the car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

40K is too recent to have anything serious wrong or fail in any (normal) car. So short of maybe an oil & filter (air filter too) chnage, maybe plugs if gas, thays about it.

Maybe check all the bulbs and headlight aim, tyre thread.... pretty simple things.

Of course it might be worthwhile knowing if this one of those engines with a 60K timing belt that fails at 30K and when it was changed if ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭halkar

Get your electrics and battery checked, low battery (not sure what you mean :D but ) on 40k doesn't sound good. When I traded in my previous car, it had 120k on the clock with the original battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭JOSSYJACOB

thanks all of u for ur reply

bannon, i have got owners manual with me.

halkar, when i start the car the instrument dial shows engine autodiagonostics warning light, fuel low warning light, engine oil pressure warning light and battery charge warning light.

from the initial inspection of the car i think that, the previous owner was not using the car for at least past 6 months.

after buying the car only i was able to go thru the owners manual. otherwise i would not have bought this car.

so now u may be able to tell me whether i have to take the car to a peugeot dealer

plz suggest a dealer/garage. i am now staying at dublin-20.

How is gowan parkgate near heuston station

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Gowan will be like any other ealer - overpriced! I have already made my view on pug dealers!
    However, they are convienent and should be able to service the car for about €300.
    Ring them up and ask them what a service for 40k miles entails (check against your owners manual) and also ask them to check it for the NCT.
    When leaving it in for a service ask them to contact you if anything out of the ordinary needs done and find out the price.
    I remember being in the dealer in liffey valley when a man was complaining that they did over IR£2k worth of repairs when he left it in for a basic service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

JOSSYJACOB wrote:
    halkar, when i start the car the instrument dial shows engine autodiagonostics warning light, fuel low warning light, engine oil pressure warning light and battery charge warning light.

that is normal all cars do that, on start up. its to show u the bulbs work, my advice is there will be nothing much wrong with the car, nothing major needs doing until about 60000 miles or 90000 kilometers.

all it needs are an oil and filter change, an air filter change, brake pad check and tyre check. i believe they will do all these things in some tyre service outlets. the yellow pages will give details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not sure there's much to discuss here, if the car needs a service any independent garage will do that. Work clearly does'nt require a Peugeot
    dealer.

The Golden Pages can help
    http://www.goldenpages.ie/Results.asp?origin=NEW&rubric=select&what=%5B862%5DGarages&hl=1&where=dublin

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Not sure there's much to discuss here, if the car needs a service any independent garage will do that. Work clearly does'nt require a Peugeot
    dealer.

The Golden Pages can help
    http://www.goldenpages.ie/Results.asp?origin=NEW&rubric=select&what=%5B862%5DGarages&hl=1&where=dublin

Mike.

http://www.advancepitstop.com/index.php?id=241

http://www.advancepitstop.com/index.php?id=169

kbannon wrote:
    I remember being in the dealer in liffey valley when a man was complaining that they did over IR£2k worth of repairs when he left it in for a basic service!

LOL the car probably wasnt worth that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

lomb wrote:
    that is normal all cars do that, on start up. its to show u the bulbs work, ......
    QUOTE]

That would be my take on it also.

Just make sure you get a good description of what a "basic" service includes. make sure it is done and do not pre-agree to any additional "repairs". or you could find yourself paying for greasing all those lubed-for-life joints.

• Advertisement
Advertisement