Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

music

Options
  • 04-06-2005 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

just wondering does anyone have any predictions for music paper please its honours its for a friend who needs serious help cos she's repeating and took it up this year

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭trishemurphy

anyone atall doing music

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Jeez, give it about a day or two and someone might reply by then.

In terms of the listening paper, predictions are fairly redundant as you have to study all the set works anyway (although Gerald Barry is tipped to be the 25 mark question). Irish music is every year (fairly small amount of studying anyway) and the unseen pieces are only based on your general knowledge of music. Can't say anything about the composing paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭trishemurphy

thanks man appreciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 camroc

Yeah, there's not really much you can predict. I haven't a clue about any of the set works. They're only about 12% of the exam and you have to know them inside out to have any hope of doing well in those questions. I'm relying entirely on the composing paper and my practical for marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Well. Not to sure about predictions. Queen wont be the big question.Its too easy. Probably Barry.

Good thing about Music, is i've 50% done already. Half the pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭rosa

Does anyone else find backing chords tricky? I don't have a good ear for music, chose the subject during a moment of blind panic back in the days of 4th year.I can't hear the melody in my head or by looking at it so I never know how its going to sound until I play it, then I fix it up. But obviously won't be able to play it in the exam.......any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

rosa wrote:
    I can't hear the melody in my head or by looking at it so I never know how its going to sound until I play it, then I fix it up.

Don't worry. Thats the case with 95% of people. Being able to hear a tune in your head is something you are born with and a major talent.Luckily, the L.C. music course allows the questions to be done solely by formula. There's no talent at all required really. Just follow the rules and you'll get good marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I've neglected Music pretty much since I did my practical but with a five day gap during the LC I can go mad then.

I've barely done a melody this year, I'll need a massive crash course in that. The listening pieces should go OK. Hoping for a B2 in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Neh neh, ive got 8 days to study for it...yeah i am the same as you rosa but i hope i will be able to scrape past that part!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

If anyone's got some tips for composition questions, post them here please.

Also tips on anything else.

• Advertisement
Advertisement