Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sin City tonight anyone?

• 04-06-2005 5:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

Eh, going to see Sin City tonight.

Anyone feel like seeing it? I could use a non-alcoholic night after last night ;)

Shows at 8.30 and 11.25.

C'mon I know ya wants to...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

i saw this last night and i have to say it was fan-f***ing-tastic.
    you'll enjoy it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Myself and simu were planning on hitting the 11.25 showing at the Gate, so we'll probably see you there. Shall we meet outside 10 minutes before or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Excellent :)

Everyone I normally go to the cinema with is out of the country this weekend!!!

Doing much before it? Up for going to tribes or somesuch for a coffee and a chat?

You have my number anyways I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

if anyone fancies a drinky later on tonight (after Victor Frankenstein) I'd be up for it. I'll just have to find a place to stash my cameras. And yes, I am a borderline alcoholic

I won't be in the mood for a pint, but I've no problem with sipping a coke while you indulge yourself.

PM me your mobile or something and I'll give you a text after the film.

• Advertisement

I dunno what time the show is finished or anything, probably around half 11, so if youre not around no bother. I can find myself a flagon of scrumpy jack and a nice field to enjoy it in.

rymus wrote:
    I dunno what time the show is finished or anything, probably around half 11, so if youre not around no bother. I can find myself a flagon of scrumpy jack and a nice field to enjoy it in.

Mmmmm....

Cultured...

ohh I forgot to add

... all of the above whilst wearing a proc t-shirt. at least I'll stand out in the crowd?!?

Eh. Looks around at all the geeky t-shirts.

I've no idea what t-shirt I'm in the mood for yet.

Something geeky. Look for the guy who looks to have abosolutely no concept of fashion, colour co-ordination or style.

I'll be standing beside him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

nesf wrote:
    Look for the guy who looks to have abosolutely no concept of fashion, colour co-ordination or style.

I'll be standing beside him.
    So you'll be with the guy wearing an I'm With Stupid shirt?

(It took ages to get the phrasing of that right. I'm such a nerd.)

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Saw it tonight. Wasn't bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

so was it good? jeeze, I don't go online for like 1 night and I miss it... *sigh*

Oh I didn't go with the La Familia Boards, never even saw this post. Went to the 20.30 show. It was good but not fantastic.

I enjoyed it. It had it's problems, but I really enjoyed it.

Clive Owen should find a new hobby though. Mickey Rourke was fantastic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

So guys, what did you think? I sawe it on Thursday night out in the Mahon, and I really enjoyed it. Especially Mickey Rourkes character.

nards... now I'm definately going to have to sneak out midweek and catch it. Curse you all and your rave reviews!

I'd be up for midweek too.

adam

humm.. I think I can do mid week aswell, just not Wednesday (I think) it's been booked since last week (ahh, you have to realise, drink always comes first!)

how would tuesday or thursday in mahon point suit y'all then?

I'm easy. Well, cheap.

• Advertisement

and I'm the opposite..

I'll have a looksee at the times later

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

dahamsta wrote:
    I'm easy. Well, cheap.

I think this was discussed at some length last friday. I'm sure we settled on "tacky" as an apt description at one point...

Can't be arsed getting myself out to Mahon Point, though I would gladly watch it again. Will probably go with work people.

Fysh wrote:
    I think this was discussed at some length last friday. I'm sure we settled on "tacky" as an apt description at one point...
    For some reason I prefer "obnoxious" in general. I'd imagine I mentioned this.

If anyone wants a spin just let me know. Me like driving.

adam

I'll be driving too, heading from the Ballyphehane/Turners Cross Direction, so can pick up anywhere (within reason!) Let me know if it's tomorrow or Thursday we're doing it!

actually tomorrow sucks the proverbial ass for me, hows Thursday Dizzy & Adam?

Thursday is good! again, if anyone needs a lift, PM me with details!

Head hurt. Today bad. Other day good.

ok, so it's on at 6.15 or 9pm?? either suits me, so Rymus, Adam? which one??

• Advertisement

ooh, and there's late night shopping in Mahon Point too!! horray!! I can shop til before we go in!

The shops are crap but the talent is good. :)

indeed.

I'm heading in, in a few minutes, to watch it again.

Want to see it again, and I don't feel like staying in tonight.

Will post up some reactions to it after a second viewing. Usually seeing a film a second time is a very different experience for me.

This is one of the few films that I'm keen to see again. I really enjoyed it, but I want a second viewing to see if some of my criticisms are founded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I may watch it again once it comes out on DVD but I'd find it unbareable to go see any film again so soon.

(and I was going to do an on-topic bit here but realised the whole thread was out of date anyway. yay!)

• Advertisement

Nerds.

I'm an idiot :o

The film was on at 8.30, not 9.30....

There goes my plan for the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I saw it for the second time last Monday and it was yet again amazing!
    Only niggle I had was the lack of consistancy with blood on peoples faces between different camera shots in the same scene. I spotted it the first time the big nerd that I am.
    Oh my other major complaint with Mahon Point cinema is the lack of Air Conditioning. There would be a multitude of unwashed masses at a comic book flick so I thought they might turn on the A/C. They didn't on Thursday in the Screen 6 and it was an oven in there. They didn't turn it on Monday either and after about 90 or so minutes even Screen 1 was baking up. Perhaps I was getting hot flushes at seeing such a god damn great film or else maybe Mahon Point are cheap asses trying to make us buy more drinks by cranking up the heating.

ach but it's the sweet tang of pure nerd sweat that makes the whole experience so real. Or so I am led to believe.

what time do people think they'll get there for? I'll probably be there for about 7 or 8 so I can look around the shops before we go in!! Is anyone else coming or is it just the 3 of us?

• Advertisement

I do be there for around quarter to 9 I'd say... if I don't allow 5 mins for sock straightening and general preening I could knock that back to say 20 to 9.

I've decided on a quick shopping spree combined with a trip to see it at 5.15 :)

I'm having a "I want to unplug for a while" day.

I'm also thinking of either seeing it by myself or going in with a good friend of mine. I find that a film is different for me depending on who I see it with or if I'm on my own.

rymus wrote:
    ach but it's the sweet tang of pure nerd sweat that makes the whole experience so real. Or so I am led to believe.

LOL

well, I'm back out sunbathing now, god I'd soo hate to be working today!! See you guys tonight so! (I'll be the one with all the shopping bags!!)

We're getting a nice community type feel thing going lately....

I approve :D

god I'd soo hate to be working today!!

Me too.. however I think the "looking like I'm working" phase has ended. I'll have to invest in a pair of glasses with eyes drawn on them so I can finally get some sleep

dudara wrote:
    This is one of the few films that I'm keen to see again. I really enjoyed it, but I want a second viewing to see if some of my criticisms are founded.
    So come along tonight.

I don't see much point in arriving too long before 9, what with all the ads and previews and such and such. I hate that about cinemas. Stop abusing my eyeballs, put the effing movie on.

adam

Wish I could, but I've got training tonight and I just won't make it back in on time.

Once I get Batman out of the way, I'll go see this again

Sheeesh, Brittany Murphy needs to find a new job. I dunno what the hell shes doing but sista, it aaaaaint actin'.

(or something like the above)

rymus wrote:
    Sheeesh, Brittany Murphy needs to find a new job. I dunno what the hell shes doing but sista, it aaaaaint actin'.

(or something like the above)

My feelings on it were that it was her dialogue with Benico Del Toro that made her look so bad.

I mean face it, she isn't a gifted actress. It would be a rare actress/actor that wouldn't be made look bad in the company that she was in for that film.

Not that they were the finest actors of our generation or anything, more that they were all highly skilled and well cast.

• Advertisement
Advertisement