Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sin City tonight anyone?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

The shops are crap but the talent is good. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'm heading in, in a few minutes, to watch it again.

Want to see it again, and I don't feel like staying in tonight.

Will post up some reactions to it after a second viewing. Usually seeing a film a second time is a very different experience for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This is one of the few films that I'm keen to see again. I really enjoyed it, but I want a second viewing to see if some of my criticisms are founded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I may watch it again once it comes out on DVD but I'd find it unbareable to go see any film again so soon.

(and I was going to do an on-topic bit here but realised the whole thread was out of date anyway. yay!)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Nerds.

I'm an idiot :o

The film was on at 8.30, not 9.30....

There goes my plan for the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I saw it for the second time last Monday and it was yet again amazing!
    Only niggle I had was the lack of consistancy with blood on peoples faces between different camera shots in the same scene. I spotted it the first time the big nerd that I am.
    Oh my other major complaint with Mahon Point cinema is the lack of Air Conditioning. There would be a multitude of unwashed masses at a comic book flick so I thought they might turn on the A/C. They didn't on Thursday in the Screen 6 and it was an oven in there. They didn't turn it on Monday either and after about 90 or so minutes even Screen 1 was baking up. Perhaps I was getting hot flushes at seeing such a god damn great film or else maybe Mahon Point are cheap asses trying to make us buy more drinks by cranking up the heating.

ach but it's the sweet tang of pure nerd sweat that makes the whole experience so real. Or so I am led to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

what time do people think they'll get there for? I'll probably be there for about 7 or 8 so I can look around the shops before we go in!! Is anyone else coming or is it just the 3 of us?

• Advertisement

I do be there for around quarter to 9 I'd say... if I don't allow 5 mins for sock straightening and general preening I could knock that back to say 20 to 9.

I've decided on a quick shopping spree combined with a trip to see it at 5.15 :)

I'm having a "I want to unplug for a while" day.

I'm also thinking of either seeing it by myself or going in with a good friend of mine. I find that a film is different for me depending on who I see it with or if I'm on my own.

rymus wrote:
    ach but it's the sweet tang of pure nerd sweat that makes the whole experience so real. Or so I am led to believe.

LOL

well, I'm back out sunbathing now, god I'd soo hate to be working today!! See you guys tonight so! (I'll be the one with all the shopping bags!!)

We're getting a nice community type feel thing going lately....

I approve :D

god I'd soo hate to be working today!!

Me too.. however I think the "looking like I'm working" phase has ended. I'll have to invest in a pair of glasses with eyes drawn on them so I can finally get some sleep

dudara wrote:
    This is one of the few films that I'm keen to see again. I really enjoyed it, but I want a second viewing to see if some of my criticisms are founded.
    So come along tonight.

I don't see much point in arriving too long before 9, what with all the ads and previews and such and such. I hate that about cinemas. Stop abusing my eyeballs, put the effing movie on.

adam

Wish I could, but I've got training tonight and I just won't make it back in on time.

Once I get Batman out of the way, I'll go see this again

Sheeesh, Brittany Murphy needs to find a new job. I dunno what the hell shes doing but sista, it aaaaaint actin'.

(or something like the above)

rymus wrote:
    Sheeesh, Brittany Murphy needs to find a new job. I dunno what the hell shes doing but sista, it aaaaaint actin'.

(or something like the above)

My feelings on it were that it was her dialogue with Benico Del Toro that made her look so bad.

I mean face it, she isn't a gifted actress. It would be a rare actress/actor that wouldn't be made look bad in the company that she was in for that film.

Not that they were the finest actors of our generation or anything, more that they were all highly skilled and well cast.

• Advertisement

I dunno.. For the last few years I've been of the opinion that she'd be out of her league acting amongst an all cheese sandwich cast.

rymus wrote:
    I dunno.. For the last few years I've been of the opinion that she'd be out of her league acting amongst an all cheese sandwich cast.

Oh I've no delusions about her being a good actress.

I just think that she looked worse than she actually is in Sin City. Ditto for Clive Owen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I went to see it in Blackpool last night. Thought it was very good.
    They didn't show any trailers or ads at all - just went straight into the film.
    Anyone know if that's normal there?

deRanged wrote:
    I went to see it in Blackpool last night. Thought it was very good.
    They didn't show any trailers or ads at all - just went straight into the film.
    Anyone know if that's normal there?
    lucky you! we were in MP and we had bloody vodafone ad's and all sorts, trailers I don't mind, but ad's drive me nuts, we pay to see a film so we don't have to watch ad's.....

I thought Clive Owen was out of his depth somehow in this film. He was really weak, which is odd, considering he's not a bad actor. It just didn't sit.

Jessica Alba (never really a heavyweight actress) was a bit wooden in it too, except for when gyrating around the pole.

yeah.... the name Jessica Alba and the word wood fit in the same sentence here alright :D

rymus wrote:
    yeah.... the name Jessica Alba and the word wood fit in the same sentence here alright :D

Down boy, down.

I presume then that you'll be in the queue for "The Fantastic Four"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Jessica Alba + spandex outfit? He'll be in the queue with a box of Kleenex, I should think.

Not going *near* that film. There's not been a Marvel license yet that hasn't made me cringe to some extent (with the possible exception of Blade 1, which I didn't know was a Marvel license at the time so doesn't really count), and what I've heard of F4 hasn't made me think that this'll be the one to change the pattern...

Batman Begins, though....that's a beast that's looking good. Who's up for going to it once the premiere night crowds have died down a bit?

I wont be in the queue, I will be the queue. Buy out the entire screening just so I can have my "privacy". That and Angie as Mrs. Smith. I may just selzer myself in pure enjoyment.

• Advertisement

I'd be up for Batman and the Smiths, although I'd be concerned that I've actually seen most of the Smiths in the trailer I saw last night. I wouldn't be bothered with Fantastic.

Sin City was good but not brilliant, definitely one I wouldn't go to see again. I'm afraid I still don't get the whole graphic novel thing. Call me old-fashioned, but I still prefer books with more words than pictures.

I still haven't seen EIII. Hopefully when I actually get to go I'll be more with it than I was last night. I felt like I'd been smoking joints all day, and the worst thing was, I wasn't!

adam

Advertisement