Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French (H)- How to study?

Options
  • 04-06-2005 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭

I'm the only one doing Honours French in my school, so I heven't got any tips on how to study for Honors for the LC? what type of things should i look over and study??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

Learn loads of phrases like:
    J'adhére a le point de vue exprimé par l'auteur..
    Selon moi..
    A mes yeux..
    Je ne peux pas soutenir cette opinion...

and practice past questions, look over your oral notes, as theres usually one question on something you'll have prepared for that (ie.sport or tv), good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

thanks, yeh I'm finding my Francais Oral book really helpful at the moment. Should I look up key words for topical subjects such as Terrorism for the writtin opinion bit?

i think so, its no harm learning a few phrases about any tips you've gotten.

Just dont worry if something comes up that you've never written about before because if you learn enough general phrases you should cover yourself, things like
    C'est un probleme de plus en plus inquietant de nos jours.....(it's a problem thats becoming more and more worrying these days)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭RagShagBill

How many people are in your year?

just found this, very handy if theres topics you havent covered:
    http://translation.langenberg.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭deek

Jamey wrote:
    I'm the only one doing Honours French in my school

Jesus How is that even possible did you do it outside school or were you just stuck with the pass teacher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

yeh theres about 30 in my class doing French and I'm the only one. I moved school where I had a great teacher and most people were doing honours and then when I came to my new school there were about 6 doing honours and they all failed the mock (except me). And the teacher is pretty ****. I have to do the honours course basically on my own.

Advertisement