Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless NTL?

• 04-06-2005 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Does anybody have NTL Cable Broadband set up via a wireless connection in their home? If so what equipment are you using and how easy is the set up? I can only see ADSL routers/access points available in shops but these are no good for me, all help will be welcome (-;

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Get an access point only and then hook that up to your cable router, alternatively get a Broadband Router like the linksys WRT54G which can hook up to a cable, adsl or wireless modem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

I'm using a D-Link 524 wireless router. Very easy to set up, worked out of the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

HI

I been using for the last 2 years a Belkin F5D6231-4 as the router, F5D6050 on the PC and F5D6020 on the laptop.

It was so easy to setup just follow the steps in the CD and takes less than 5 minutes. The have lifetime warantee so for any problems they have a freephone number or you can send an e-mail.

Never had any connection problems other than when NTL went down once or twice

If you haven't got the stuff let me know as I just upgraded the router to a Belking F5D7230-4 and also the wireless cards and it looks like in work they are going to buy for me a F5d7231 so I will be selling the old router and cards.

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭kevmac

I just jacked the modem into my Apple Airport and I was up and running - I now have two Macs and a PC using wireless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

ok..thanks for the info lads...I wll be ordering gear tomorrow (-;

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I connect the NTL modem via ethernet to a Netgear WGR 614. Everything else is connected either directly to that via ethernet or via wireless.

Advertisement