Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland got screwed!

• 04-06-2005 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

What the hell just happened???? To begin with we should have gotten a penalty and the ref knew it so he threw his support behind Ireland! Then we got two goals and we gave up (luckly Israel hadnt began)!

Then argh, everyone was against us. The ref was an eejit, called small unimportant calls and never saw some of the biggest things! And then gave a red card, after he retaliated!

I was so pissed watching that game! All the lucky saves and stupid calls!

If Robbie was there in the second half I truely believe things would be different! I dont think Duff preformed to his full at all, and once Harte proved his point he really did shut up for the second half!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Big thread already discussing our disgust.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=263289

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

That starts at pre game ... this gets right into the rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

You can skip to the last page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The on;y reason Ireland got screwed is because they made Brian Kerr manager. A series of ridiculous mistakes have led to this game. Hes way out of his depth and its showing badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Stekelly wrote:
    The on;y reason Ireland got screwed is because they made Brian Kerr manager. A series of ridiculous mistakes have led to this game. Hes way out of his depth and its showing badly.

Out of his depth!

Rubbish

• Advertisement

Hes an EL manager, and a youth manager at best. His lack of knowledge of th eprofessional game at this level is obvious. Theres only so badly anyone could do with that particular group of players, and right now where as low as we could expect to be without dropping down to the Scotland/Wales level. We should be a 2nd seed team at worst. Ireland and France should be coming through this group as the top two every time. Thank god that France are having a 'mare aswel lately or we'd be royally fooked.

Stekelly wrote:
    Hes an EL manager, and a youth manager at best. His lack of knowledge of th eprofessional game at this level is obvious. Theres only so badly anyone could do with that particular group of players, and right now where as low as we could expect to be without dropping down to the Scotland/Wales level. We should be a 2nd seed team at worst. Ireland and France should be coming through this group as the top two every time. Thank god that France are having a 'mare aswel lately or we'd be royally fooked.

Every manager has to start somewhere. EL or youth's. Thats where you get your experience. Its easy to blame the manager.

He picks Ian Harte and Harte scores the first goal. I bet he was a great manager when that went in. I thought we dominated the match for the whole 2nd half and should have won. The goalkeeper was a fanny and the ref had a poor game. Those are things that mattered.

You sound like a guy off RTE that looks like a sheep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Every manager has to start somewhere. EL or youth's. Thats where you get your experience. Its easy to blame the manager.

He picks Ian Harte and Harte scores the first goal. I bet he was a great manager when that went in. I thought we dominated the match for the whole 2nd half and should have won. The goalkeeper was a fanny and the ref had a poor game. Those are things that mattered.

You sound like a guy off RTE that looks like a sheep.

Name me a manger of another international side who just has experience at youth level? Even North ireland dont get that desperate.

He only got the job cos the FAI could control him. His tactical desicions cost us in both israeli games, not the ref or the keepers.

we were lucky to come out of switzerland with a draw.

Name me a manger of another international side who just has experience at youth level? Even North ireland dont get that desperate.

He only got the job cos the FAI could control him. His tactical desicions cost us in both israeli games, not the ref or the keepers.

we were lucky to come out of switzerland with a draw.

I think Domenech with France had similar experience, but that only goes to strengthen my case against Kerr, what with France's performances lately.

He only got the job cos the FAI could control him.

He's also the cheapest option.

• Advertisement

I think your're being very harsh. I'd make a stronger arguement but the spacebar on my keyboard is broken. :o

Every manager has to start somewhere. EL or youth's. Thats where you get your experience. Its easy to blame the manager..

Yes its true every manager has to start there, but he never progressed from there into the professional game before he got the Ireland job. He was basically an amatuer and under age coach who was given a full international job.

Btw, it is very easy to blame the manager when he makes it so easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

I dont want to start the LETS GET RID OF KERR thread just yet. We can still battle it out for second position like we usually do.

The biggest problem is that we didnt have Roy Keane on the pitch. When he is there he calms the whole thing down.. brings direction to the play.. it was all headless chicken stuff out there last night.

We had no leaders out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I dont want to start the LETS GET RID OF KERR thread just yet. We can still battle it out for second position like we usually do.

Win our remaining 4 games and we can top the group can we not? We've just made it harder for ourselves.
    The biggest problem is that we didnt have Roy Keane on the pitch. When he is there he calms the whole thing down.. brings direction to the play.. it was all headless chicken stuff out there last night.

We had no leaders out there.

I totally agree. Kavanagh and holland weren't a big enough presence, which resulted in everyone losing their heads. I cant blame them (fanny faced fart of a keeper) but they should have exerted some control

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

Its still in our hands buts its a big task now for the team, hopefully keane will somewhat sort things out. Give kerr a break, hes doing a decent job considering the players available to him.
    What ireland need is to find someone to play in the middle of the park as holland and kavanagh dont cut the mustard. We looked terribly short up front once keane when off injured, maybe elliot should have came on in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

no roy keane playing, enough said. instead you have holland and kavanagh that take his place, both bluffers. not real leaders nor is cunningham. when 2-0 at landsdowne the one man you want on the pitch is roy keane to make sure the job is finished.

typical irish performance, do the hard part, then when it comes to the simple things they dunno what to do. throwing away points. oh, the flags looked well even with the big ugly eircom logo on them. thank god they looked green from a distance.

it was funny look at the west stand in comparason to the east (i was on the south) they probably got flags but nevered bothered waving them :D prawn sandwhich eating suits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

there were no flags in the west stand, i got there quite early and commented on it.

the only valid explanation was that eircom were to scabby and didnt give them to the west stand because the west is never on TV

Advertisement