Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State Exams!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Last year we got a picture of the cabinet and the number of men and women sitting around the table.Q.1 was how many members of cabinet are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Yeah that's it! But it even said how many members there were as well! Genius.

And best of luck, everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

We were given a picture of a postcard and a title:
    This postcard was part of a campaign in which the post cards were sent to tony blair, prince charles and *some other guy*

Q1. What three people was this campaign aimed at?

Also, our teacher did out our whole action project. Easiest A ever!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Action...project... I don't even remember what that entailed. I haven't heard that phrase in 5 or 6 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 debbieip

Yeah, but I kick muchos ass at Latin. Do they tell you if you got the highest in the country?

someone in my skool got the highest in Ireland in latin and she got a medal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Katie-Bob

Hey everyone, sorry about the lateness but GOOD LUCK!!!! And CSPE is.....well lets put it like this we did our Action Project backwards, and made up almost everything-well a lot-and people still got a B, so I wouldn't worry. The best thing is don't freak out and worry and you'll be grand, cos once you get all panicky and jittery it all goes downhill....trust me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭the_red_cherry

Good luck to all.
    Hey don't knock C.S.P.E. it's the easiest A you'll ever get.
    Ah good memories of last year hanging out in the park "studying" much fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Awwwwwww, English was simple! Props to them though cos' this years Personal Writing options were REALLY GOOD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I'll say! A modern fairy tale, that's ****ing sweet!

Yeah, the lc paper wasnt too bad either. Only studied Yeats, Boland and Tricky Dicky and all three came up! Capital w00t!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

Yeah, a lot of ppl disappointed at lack of letter (you study it for English, Business, CSPE, Irish, French, so no study involved....)

Still "write an article" + they provided the figures.....

Maths & Irish should be.... *cough* ..... fun!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

I thought Paper II was a BI*CH. I mean they gave us some crappy poem and asked us to find something good with it and they gave us a Siobhán some-one-or-other nonvel extract and asked us why she was "ingenious" and then told us all to pretend we were girls. In fairness, I did like the personal writing topics on paper I and the "studied" pieces questions were fairly sound. Considering I only had two poems any way studied. So hopefully everythin went ok. What were ye'r invigilators like? Mine was ok. Hardly anyone asked for extra paper but when they did she took ages. She also left for a while coz the guy outside the door went for tea so she had to find some-one to bring a lad to the toilet. I write slowly and was kickin myself coz UI would have written more if I had had the time. Anyway, one down :) , ten to go. :eek:

No, it was why we thought that she was "infinitely skilled as a writer" or something!

Feckin great studied questions though yeah. I had no scene done so if they'd given me a bad character choice....

And the poetry, ditto ^
    ¦¦

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

To everyone who took the Junior Cert last year did anyone find the English comprehension weird. You know, the one where there's two guys on a train one guy starts smiling and hitting on the other one. He eventually pulls out a "snake" which I've decided must be metaphorical for comical reasons!!!

I'm probably too late but this is for everyone doing exams, especially the mods in university...!

REVISON
    At first I was afraid, I was petrified! Kept thinking I could never
    pass
    without revision guides, But then I spent so many
    nights, getting all the questions wrong, And I grew strong, And I
    learned how to scrape along, I won't look back, to any place, > >
    When I can swallow 15 shots and get completely off my face, I
    would have spent all day at work, > > I would have had no spare time
    free,
    If I'd thought for just one second my exams would > > bother me, >
    So all my notes, are on the floor, > > Don't even matter ... that there's
    no Comedy night anymore... Weren't you the one who tried to get me
    to
    revise? You think I'd crumble? > > You think I'd work towards the
    skies? > > > > Oh no, not I! I won't revise! > > Unless I die from
    alcohol, I know I'll stay alive, > > Though my money's at an end, I've
    my
    overdraft to > > spend, > > I won't revise, I won't revise!! > > > >
    It
    took all the strength I had, not to act the part, > > But in the end
    my
    real revision didn't even start. > > I used to sit at home at night,
    feeling guilty to myself, > > I used to try, But now hold my head up
    high, ;And you see me! Somebody new! > > I'm not that mixed up weird
    person who wants a good > 2:2 > > So if you feel like dropping in,
    chances are that > > I'll > > be free, > > Coz I've done **** all
    revision, and I'm failing my > > degree, > > Oh no, not I! I won't revise,
    I think that I may scrape a third, but I could be > > telling lies!
    Let the lecturers all scorn, My bed's far too nice and warm, > >
    won't revise, I won't revise, > >

niiiice

what year u in now mister holligan sir???? :cool:

technically ive graduated, i dont have a school but only an exam centre now!

You cruel, cruel man! Think of me when tu es libre!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'm liking the poem! :)

• Advertisement

I wrote a ridiculously large amount in my mock in English. I've come to the conclusion that I can write about... a page every 9/10 minutes, so if I wrote solidly for the duration of my English exams (not likely) I'd have about 30 pages written.
    And hurray! My JC ends on the 16th, so that's just over a week. :D

There is no way they expect a page every 9/10 minutes, i worked it out and even for LC they only expect , at best, a page per 14 mins

Hey, u must have done it in 2004, that question sounds familiar. CSPE is a joke, they should abolish it and put in something like computers.

that ryhme about revision was top class, how long did u spend at that one?

Judging by the arrows I'm going to guess she got it in an e-mail and copy/pasted it on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Judging by the arrows I'm going to guess she got it in an e-mail and copy/pasted it on here.

haha! roasted:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

There is no way they expect a page every 9/10 minutes, i worked it out and even for LC they only expect , at best, a page per 14 mins
    Well, when I do write I write that fast. But then there's long periods where I sit and stare into space. So it evens out.

maths killed me today! still sweet irish essay titles.........

Of course I did! I tried my best to get rid of them, but alas, it's obviously not good enough...*tear*
    Oh, I forgot to mention it's waaaaaaaaay more effective whilst humming "I will survive". Anyone notice how startlingly similar the two were????

maths killed me today! still sweet irish essay titles.........
    Was there not something about a bus crash on the irish papers??? I know there was controversy anyways..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Lady penelopy

but not, twould seem, tag rugby..

:D

what now? tag rugby?

cspe was hilarious...design a poster! the guy across from me in the exam actually asked for more paper...its for 12MARKS!
    the next hard one will be history...hmmm...

• Advertisement

Anyone notice how startlingly similar the two were????

It's kind of the point...

Advertisement