Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State Exams!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I forgot to mention it's waaaaaaaaay more effective whilst humming "I will survive". Anyone notice how startlingly similar the two were????

I noticed as soon as I started reading.

yes I frequently listen to that song while singing into a toothbrush (not hairbrush, my hair can't be cbrushed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

This "toothbrush" of yours intrigues me! Do continue, please...

*ahem* Well anything you might hear about me and a toothbrush involves me dancing around my bedroom singing Gloria Gaynor songs into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

it happens to the best of us liz :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Hmmm I thought that was gonna be a story like my friend Danielle, who uses a toothbrush for other private stuff......

Maybe that's what Liz meant? :D:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Piste wrote:
    *ahem* Well anything you might hear about me and a toothbrush involves me dancing around my bedroom singing Gloria Gaynor songs into it.

That's such a lie...

LiamD wrote:
    Hmmm I thought that was gonna be a story like my friend Danielle, who uses a toothbrush for other private stuff......

Maybe that's what Liz meant? :D:confused:

No, just doing my Gloria Gaynor impression...

That's such a lie...

I reiterate.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hobotastic

Hehehe. Katie-Bob. As far as I remember, I gave you that name. You were all "I'm Katie, but there's so many other Katie's here that you can call me Bob." And I said "Ok, Katie-Bob." And you retorted with a "No, no, it's Katie OR Bob." So I agreed: "Whatever you say, Katie-Bob."

The rest, as they say, is half the battle. Er... wait, i think I got that wrong... Speaking of getting things wrong, did anyone do the Leaving Cert Higher Level Maths Paper 1 on thursday? I found it... "interesting". And by interesting I mean it was the worst exam I've ever done.

CSPE... finished that exam in 15 minutes. My teacher told me she'd write "Fiction" on my action report so the examiners would give me no marks for it. She told me she was going to make me fail. Ironically, the one subject in which the teacher displayed these intentions was the one subject in which I got an A. Funny ol' world, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I actually found paper one to be pretty handy, I got a bit lucky as regards parts of sections I 'specialized' in but over all I don't think it was nearly as bad as people made out. Especially those who moaned about the sketch... for the love of Pythagoras, bring a maths set with you to a maths exam and use the graph paper they give you.

English went pretty well, lovely Hamlet and Eavan Boland questions. Comparative isn't my strong point but I think I did fairly well. Overall I'm actually finding the Leaving Cert. to be quite an enjoyable experience... although I'm lucky in that I have quite a spaced out timetable. The usual exams last week, only two this week (H Maths II and H Biology) and four in the last week but I don't have any double days so I'm okay.

And unless you are leaving school after the Junior Cert. it is absolutely irrelevant to your future in every way shape and form - that's just my experience mind you. However, I've had 4 jobs since the Junior Cert. and none of them were based on my JC results - so do your best but don't sweat it at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Seeya next year in CS then bob? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

That's the plan... though I'm also considering maths. Engineering's off the cards though... far too much effort involved there. Not looking forward to DLD or electrotech though. C&S should be a larf.

DLD and electrotech are a pain in the arse but electrotech is WAY easier with the telecoms part of the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

So, sin sin. What'd you think of it? And when're ye finished? I'll be finished next Wednesday, but that doesn't really count, so FREEDOM!!!

And is anyone goin to Sesh 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

Mise, Legal Studies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

Yupsa, philosophy. Lots of people from sess 2 last year are goin sess 2 again....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

TheoPhys, session 2.

I wish the Leaving cert would hurry up, I'm running out of books

Yeah, see for some reason, my finger pressed 2 when I meant Sesh 1, which starts on Sunday. I'm goin to see REM on Sunday night. Won't be missin anythin but a bad movie anyway I suppose! :eek:

You'll miss me making you go watch a **** movie Campion :P

tell yez what, will do the best to get good movies session 1 :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

J Campion wrote:
    I'm goin to see REM on Sunday night.
    Any chance of smuggling me in? Yes, I'm jealous.

Any chance of smuggling me in? Yes, I'm jealous.

Jealous eh? Would it make you any less jealous if I told you I got the tickets free because I won them? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

Was it in the Irish Times? I won tickets to Coldplay off them. I'm going to REM too! See you there.....maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

aw lousy! how come everyone talks about the competitions when they're over!!!!????

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

but isn't there a competition every week? Last week it was Oxegen tickets, previous week it was U2 tickets. Dunno what it is today, I haven't checked

C'mere, speaking of which, have they just released yet another U2 gig? Unbelievable!!! I went on ebay and saw people payin over €200 for one ticket! Headmeltin! (for them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Lady penelopy

hehe, going to the u2 gig, and my mommy got free tickets...whee! :D

Goin' to the Scissor Sisters meself. And possibly the Pixies. \o/

Got Maiden in August, possibly Opeth and System of a Down later in the year, and am strongly considering Nuclear Assault if it looks like I'll get in. :)

• Advertisement

I know someone asked about arrivin at Sesh 2 late coz of oxegen, but do you think I should go to REM and then just arrive @ 8ish on Monday mornin or should I leave (the concert) early :eek: and get back before 11 on Sunday night? argh confusion!!! :confused:

Advertisement