Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1 Hit Wonders

• 04-06-2005 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭

DJ Kool - Let me clear my throat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

skee lo - i wish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Luniz - I Got 5 On It

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭StevieG

Snow-Informer (Thankfully)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Informer was truly shocking, as much as I hate touts myself some clown with round glasses and wavy brown hair have no right to portray themselves as hard-men.

House of Pain- Jump Around (although their subsequent album went gold didn't it?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

FTA69 wrote:
    some clown with round glasses and wavy brown hair have no right to portray themselves as hard-men.

House of Pain- Jump Around (although their subsequent album went gold didn't it?)

As opposed to a load of these middle class rappers claiming to be from "the hood"?

HOP's Same As It Ever Was is a brilliant album!

• Advertisement

What are you on about? Which middle-class rappers did I laud on this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

da luniz album was pretty good

yes what middle class rappers, puffy is the only one i can think of and he never claims to be from the hood or whatever.

When I listed Blazin Squad as some of the best rappers I was taking the p*ss by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

I wasn't on about you. I was on about the rappers who claim to be. Biggie is the first to spring to mind, his own mother admitted so.

Cube wasn't from Compton and grew in a fairly respectable area.

There's loads more.

Wasn't having a dig at you.

• Advertisement

biggie was from broklyn not exactly the upper east side, and his mother gave him a good childhood but dispite his surroundings but he still got in trouble and was a drug dealer if not a major one.

I dont know where cube was from but wasnt he a member of the bloods before getting into rap ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Why do most topics always end up going off on a tangent about biggie or tupac? Back to matters in hand
    Mystikal - Shake ya ass

Threads always go off topic around here ALWAYS.

Back on topic.

Mystikal ? Shake your ass is off lets get ready and i think danger was a bigger hit. He is no one hit wonder he just had one or two songs that where really really big but hes been around for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

A+ - Enjoy Yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭hiphopfanno1

Coolio -Gangsters Paradise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Unit00

Princess Superstar - Bad Babysitter.

Why I remember that song I just dont know :mad:

Kristok wrote:
    hes been around for ages.
    I know he's been around for ages. He was a no limit soldier. Whatever happened to his case about raping some chick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

evil_seed wrote:
    I know he's been around for ages. He was a no limit soldier. Whatever happened to his case about raping some chick

He's in jail for rape I believe.

he surly is, it wasnt rape it was extortion he found out she stole money from him and he said if she gave him and whoever else was there oral he would not tell the police, well she decided afterwards to tell them instead. He is suppose to be out in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ice2900

Blazin Squad - massive

• Advertisement

Coolio -Gangsters Paradise

Coolio had a hit with C U When U Get There. He's not a one hit wonder, Gangsta's Paradise is also a savage tune.

FTA69 wrote:
    Coolio had a hit with C U When U Get There. He's not a one hit wonder, Gangsta's Paradise is also a savage tune.

and also 1,2,3,4. yes gangstas paradise is savage. definately his biggest, most popular one though

Indeed, a song, I'm sure, that got a lot of people into Hip-Hop in the first place.
    Must be almost 10 years old at this stage, time flies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Old Man!

Quiet you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭hiphopfanno1

evil_seed wrote:
    and also 1,2,3,4. yes gangstas paradise is savage. definately his biggest, most popular one though

Whoops I don't think I heard the others though I was too young to hear them when they were out and I just thought Gangsters Paradise because I hear it everywhere and never hear any other Coolio tune.

See You When You Get There came out a year or two after Gangsta's Paradise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

all you damn whippersnappers are forgetting, Coolio released Fantastic voyage before Gangstas paradise

Indeed he did, and ironically since reading this thread that song has been stuck in my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭Evzer

Thats still rape kristok btw

Iconz - Get ****ed/crunked up

Evzer wrote:
    Thats still rape kristok btw

Afaik rape wasnt the charge and I dont see it as the same thing personally, she could have said no and not done it.

Advertisement