Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weird or what?

• 04-06-2005 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

ok maybe I am living a dream or someting but eircom and bt are telling Me that I cannot get broadband on My telephone when I put My number into their checker. funny thing is I am a customer of bt broadband for nearly a year now on their iol broadband plus package at 2mb speeds.. maybe I should ring em and tell em they shouldnt be charging Me for something I cannot get.. just though it was funny. anyone else check their line to see?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

In my experience, Eircom are terrible for sharing information between different departments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Their "tests" are utterly pointless I think even my line fails and I am also on the BT 2Mb line :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I actually think this is a very serious matter.

I also fail the test even though I have 1mb Eircom broadband.

I want to change to BT but I can't complete an online application as I can't get past question 1

I have phoned BT and they can't guarantee that if I make a paper based transfer request that the transaction will be completed because they won't connect up a line that is marked as fail.

Which means I'm stuck with Eircom. So much for competition and customer choice.

I'll wait until the next test (in about 2.5 weeks) and if I fail that too I'm writing to Comreg. I suggest you all do the same.

A test that doesn't work is denying an available service to potential customers and disrupting competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

this must be only a recent development as up until last month I used to check it now and agian and it always passsed. I guess they just made a blanket change in policy or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Disconnect everything from the line apart from a standard phone and try the test again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement