Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Windoz Question

• 04-06-2005 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Can anyone explain to me why does my dvd burner not recognize when i eject a cd/dvd from it, its like it thinks the cd/dvd is still in the drive meaning i cant run a new cd/dvd when i put it in, it does however stop after about 5 mins.....

and another thing wtf is system idle process and why is it taking 99% of my system resources in task manager.

Are microsoft anally violating me or is it just crap? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I think its safe to say you're a bit dim, no ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

:rolleyes:

Anyhoo... What version of Windows are you using? Is this a data CD, music CD, or any type?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

No im not a bit dim its just this has been annoying me for ages, its windows XP Sp2 Corprate edition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

And the rest?

Sorry, it happens with both cd and dvd both data and music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

R0ot wrote:
    wtf is system idle process and why is it taking 99% of my system resources in task manager.

are you serious??????????
    jeez

maybe you should keep on using your playstation or else google before asking silly questions it is exactly what it says on the tin -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

R0ot wrote:
    windows XP Sp2 Corprate edition.

on your home pc or at work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

sounds like the master and slave are set wrong or cablig issue

try disabling the autoplay option on the drive , right click the drive in my computer , go to autoplay and set all the actions to take no action for each type of file,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Windows wants you to buy it, it feels sad at the moment.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Try pressing F5

Probably for the same reasons that the default is NOT to tell you the free space on removable media, but instead just show it for your local drives.

Another wonders is why can you eject a CD in explorer but can't close it again ? You've been able to close the door in the built in CD player in windows 95 for over a decade now. Even the original dos utilities for the original Sound Blaster card in DOS had a utility to close the CD...

And then there is the annoying mesage when it can't find the CD you ejected 10 minutes ago..

There is a web site dedicated to little annoyances like this - www.annoyances.org

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement