Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does this bike look good?

Options
  • 05-06-2005 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Ive found a possible winner on my search for a road bike (Newbie Standard).

Its an "Ideal Tempo" but it dosnt have the yellow tires like it has in this photo. I saw it and it feels very light and fits fine. Its still in the shop, brand new, €450.

What do the experts here think?
    Thanks for your help!

http://www.fswebpages.co.uk/clients/idealcycles/index_61.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brainstorm

yeah its a good bike to start on. Are you going on the road for pleasure or do u intend to race. tbh its not really what kinda gear you have on your bike or if its the lightest, its the person on it that counts the most in a race. Plus, you can always upgrade the wheels/ groupset some where down the line!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Yeah Its just for pleasure really. Ive only ever cycled on a mountain bike, but I intend to start getting fitter after speding a good while out of action with a knee injury. I want the basic model really just to get me started into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

Trotter, bike for sale in waterford, perfect for you if it fits, check FS General

Thanks for the message happygoose..

Unfortunately I had left to go on holidays for a week, about 2 hours before you posted. I see the bike is sold anyway, but thanks a lot for keeping me in mind!!

It looks like Im buying a new bike this week anyway, Ive got 3 different shops in Waterford and Dublin with 3 different bikes for around the €450 mark..

Im just trying to decide between them.

Heres the three..
    Ideal Tempo

Claud Butler San Remo

Giant OCR 4

Just for a final bit of advice, It'd be really great if the people in the know here would let me know which one of these bikes they'd pick. You'll all been really helpful so far!! So thanks again!!

Take it that I can get each one for €450.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Enduro

Based on brand names, I'd pick the Giant.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

can't go far wrong with the giant, i have an ocr 2 and it's grand..

Thanks lads and lassies..

Finally.. Ive ordered the Giant.. Should be with me this week.

Trotter wrote:
    Thanks lads and lassies..

Finally.. Ive ordered the Giant.. Should be with me this week.

The new arrival.. I'll bring it for a test spin later on and see how we go.
    Thanks for the help picking it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭gerkiely

Trotter , I am thinking of getting the same type of bike. Can you let me know where you purchased your one. How much did carriage cost.

Ger.

gerkiely wrote:
    Trotter , I am thinking of getting the same type of bike. Can you let me know where you purchased your one. How much did carriage cost.

Ger.

Ger I bought mine from a local shop in Waterford. I got a few bits and pieces with it; water bottle carrier, pump etc.

The bike was €430 but that included a discount because my family bought bikes there before. Its on sale in another shop close by for €469.

I didnt need to pay carriage because I collected it myself.

I still havent tried it out because theres a serious torrent of rain hitting waterford today and the roads are seriously greasy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement