Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loans

Options
  • 05-06-2005 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi,
    I just want advise on a personal loan. I am currently buying a place with shared ownership with the council i just have barely enough to cover the cost of the place so I have no money for furniture etc. I want to get 12 grand loan out and I am looking for my best options. I reckon i can pay back 200 euro monthly and stay reasonable comfortable. I was thinking about an 84 month home improvement loan as all other personal loans are 60 months. Is that my best option and who are the best lending agency in peoples opionion to go with ??

Cheers,

Eoghan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

How much are you borrowing? €12,500? You can fit out a place for about €3,000. Nothing overly fancy, but beds, wardrobes, tables, chairs ... Yes you'll need everything from corckery to bedsheets, but I suggest its better to be a little lean.

Don't rush into buying everything at the start. You'll end up with stuff you never use.

I'm not sure if this qualifies for the home improvement loan category - they are more for upgrades to the fabric of the building itself.

Advertisement