Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

oldskool

• 05-06-2005 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Is there, or was there ever an oldskool scene in Ireland? And my second question, what was the name of that (oldskool) hardcore duo from Kerry that had a couple if tunes out back in the day. One of them had a Marge Simpson style hair cut?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

They were called the '4th Dimension'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Im from the old skool,i first started raving in 1990,there's no real scene as such,you'll always get old skool nites on every now and then,although lately ive noticed there are some nites saying "old skool" from 98/99,thats not realy old skool,if your looking for proper old skool you need to go back to the late 1980`s and early 1990`s when the Rave scene was at its very best,there is still a massive old skool scene in the UK you'll get nites on in various places almost every week from House to Hardcore to Jungle,etc,i occasionaly go out to the old skool Sides nites here and there's always a great atmosphere and the music is top notch,as for the fourth dimension fcuk me they were clowns of the highest order,i seen them once somewhere maybe the Point and just laughed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Its old skool sunday on MTV Dance, if anyone has it.

Although in recent months MTV Dance has gone to sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

It was never good in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Anima wrote:
    It was never good in fairness.
    MTV or Old Skool?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

MTV Dance. Don't know anything about "old skool" (stupid name btw :) ) so I can't really comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Funnily enough, I wandered into Redz on Sunday night last and realised they had a "Skool Daze" night on, place was half empty but the music was excellent for most of the night. Also, somewhere off of grafton st. does quite a good Old Skool night...Aka? Dakota? Somewhere like that anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jtiernan

jonny68 wrote:
    Im from the old skool,i first started raving in 1990,there's no real scene as such,you'll always get old skool nites on every now and then,although lately ive noticed there are some nites saying "old skool" from 98/99,thats not realy old skool,if your looking for proper old skool you need to go back to the late 1980`s and early 1990`s when the Rave scene was at its very best,there is still a massive old skool scene in the UK you'll get nites on in various places almost every week from House to Hardcore to Jungle,etc,i occasionaly go out to the old skool Sides nites here and there's always a great atmosphere and the music is top notch,as for the fourth dimension fcuk me they were clowns of the highest order,i seen them once somewhere maybe the Point and just laughed :D

I do not think you should judge them! They have released some excellent tunes! Their second album "around the day in eighty worlds" was well ahead of it's time!!!! I would definetly not call them clowns!!! more excellent entertainers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jtiernan

jimi_t wrote:
    Funnily enough, I wandered into Redz on Sunday night last and realised they had a "Skool Daze" night on, place was half empty but the music was excellent for most of the night. Also, somewhere off of grafton st. does quite a good Old Skool night...Aka? Dakota? Somewhere like that anyway.

I think that's back to school you're thinkin of there mate!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭CTRob

ah 4th D where class!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭fellowdjs

club retro every fri in legal eagle beside the 4 courts

mark kavanagh + others some weeks

10e

www.fellowdjs.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 UFONIX

www.nioldskool.co.uk

Everything old skool, Ireland / N.ireland & beyond!

Advertisement