Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate SG-1: The Alliance

Options
  • 05-06-2005 2:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

It was just announced that JoWood have gotten the full cast to do the voice overs. Well not the full cast, not sure who else they got, I'd love to see Hammond in the game, but they did get the four main stars. Which means that my fantasy has come true: being able to play as MacGyver in a video game.

Anyway I'm not sure about the game, I'll buy it no questions asked when it comes out, but it could turn out horrible. The graphics look good, better than good actually, and the enviorments, locations etc. look amazing. Stargate is one show which really deserves a game. It also has the promise of full online campaign play. So it has a lot going for it. Havent heard much of it from E3 except that the Xbox version was horribly broken. I really hope they don't drop the ball on this. JoWood made Spellforce right? That was a pretty good game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

JoWood have a tendancy of getting the guts of a good game but there being so many flaws in it its hard NOT to feel cheated at times, while Spellforce was an awsome game, the lack on unit formations or even a defensive stances or anything, so little could have made that game so much better. Their other games tend to suffer from similar flaws. Dont really have high hopes for this either, but they could surprise, they surprised me with how playable Spellforce was, they werent far off the mark of a classic game with it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Perception url]http://www.perception.com.au/[/url are making the game, their history is mainly in the "Coin-Op market". JoWood are publishing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I love Stargate as much as the next man. I mean I really do however Im afraid it might turn out like a Halo2 clone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

it looks impressive from the early screeny
    does anyway know what engine it uses?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

the E3 trailer is fairly savage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

Ooooo.. can't wait

unreal engine 2.5 btw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Oops, I just found this one after bumping the other thread :(

High and Low quality trailer links on this page:
    http://www.stargate-gaming.com/site/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=9

:eek: *creams pants*

There's some other good stuff on that site too, lots of screenies and game info, and interviews with the developers etc. :D

Official site: http://www.stargate-thealliance.com/index.php?flash=1
    I read they have sent their alpha development too MGM, which means the release shouldn't be too far off. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I'm hoping that this will be the the producers make or break, that they'll put all their efforts and money into this in the hope of a big return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

I agree Looks really cool but the last thing I heard was that the whole thing was on hold until the companies that are making it stop becoming bankrupt or argueing over how gets to make it

Something liek that yeah, they disagreed on some element or another and now they're arguing over who has the rights to it.

• Advertisement

Yea but I thought that JoWood had bought the rights to make the game from MGM its just s**t as basically they see that the game will make loads of money when it released (assuming its good and it was looking that way) so now everyone wants more pie.

I reckon it'll make loads wether it's good or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭lkman

I agree. There's so much hype over it already, whether it's bad or good (or hopefully great) it'll make a fortune..

Anyone know if they've set a release date?

The last I heard was because of the trouble with financing and rights Perception were told that they wern't doing a good enough job by JoWood. But as they had already done so much work thery protested and continued to develop the game even though the rights owners don't want them to. I'm not sure this news was from a while back on some other boards so things could have changed since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Has anyone spotted a solid release date yet?

Just had a quick look there this website seems to be saying it at the end of Feburary for the UK

http://www.erscheinungstermine.de/release-dates/games/3-pc/2388-stargate-sg1-the-alliance/release.html

Personally I'm sceptical about that cus of all the trouble in making the game. I just hope they don't mess it up as it would be a shame its just such a perfect backdrop for a game especially with all the multi-player co-op action these days

Was on the SG1 Alliance boards yesterday and they don't seem to have a definite release date yet so I'm not so sure these date are all that reliable. But dame I'd love to have a craic at anubis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

joshcork wrote:
    But dame I'd love to have a craic at anubis :)

Would you try to take him from infront or would you come at him from behind? And if he was coming at you really hard what would you reach for first?

Would you try to take him from infront or would you come at him from behind? And if he was coming at you really hard what would you reach for first?

Well I suppose It wouldn't really matter which direction I came from he/it was anubis. Not sure what I'd reach for not too many things do damage to an acended or half ascended being but I'm sure something would be provided that would do the job one way or the other. And if he was coming at me really hard well I'm not sure I'd last too long on my own :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i dunno. i havent heard any hype about this since the fiasco between JoWoo and the developers. wouldnt hold my breath waiting for a release date.

It's on hiatus.

joshcork wrote:
    Was on the SG1 Alliance boards yesterday and they don't seem to have a definite release date yet so I'm not so sure these date are all that reliable. But dame I'd love to have a craic at anubis :)
    1. They're mostly idiots and spammers (why I stopped posting there) :p
    2. They didn't deny it's being released = good! :D
    It's on hiatus.
    No, YOU're on hiatus!!
    It's coming out, definately, cos there'll be slaps if it doesn't.
    Peace wrote:
    Haha, it's funny cos you implied he is gay! :p

Ofcourse it's coming out you spoon!

It was due in february, but the court case has it on hiatus.
    They have said that one way or another 'The Alliance' will be released.

Advertisement