Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Politics of Christopher Gambino/America

• 05-06-2005 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

is he a " legend" or "friend"/ "eccentric"...., etc what do you think?

post up any stories you may have (im sure theyrs plenty if anyone cud get hold of the trinitynews?!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

please tell me he didn't win? (yes i pay lots of attention to su things..)
    YMCA Indian Guides (1998-1989)
    Time goes backwards in parts of america? hrmm

He ran for President in 2004, and 2003. Also in 2003 he went for Welfare Officer when the winner resigned (SU Council elected Mike Miley as temporary Welfare Officer then).

He got 350 votes in 2003 and 148 votes in 2004.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

phew :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

'a thread for christopher..'

It's like a 'song for europe' titlewise.

D'you know, i always had an admiration for him with his slightly 'not in sync with the college population views' and his persistence in publicly standing up for what he believed. And, i never had a boring conversation with him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

polemicist = cool word on the gambino site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭ItalianStallion

Im glad people in Trinity still care about the issues I raised. Im doing well here in South Texas, and perparing to start lawschool in the fall in Ave Maria in Ann Arbor, MI. Untill then, Im working in a law firm when im not hunting or with the ladies. I miss Trinity though, pettiness and all. Im not really contraversial down here as everyone generally agrees with me. I am part of a small minority group though. Brownsville is about 95% Mexican. They have great family values, but few speak English. Guess ive grown quite fond of my colonial mentality status. Anyway, all the best my fellow Trinners!
    Christopher

yep he's a legend alright. bobo has a watchful eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

hey chris you met me before in the RC chaplinacy (last year), i was with a friend and you wer'e with two of yours..do you remember?!

snorlax wrote:
    hey chris you met me before in the RC chaplinacy (last year), i was with a friend and you wer'e with two of yours..do you remember?!

you wernt that cute thin girl with long brown hair and blue eyes who would never look at me when i spoke to her were you? i always regreted not being nicer to her.

• Advertisement

i have green eyes but i do have semi- longish brown hair, i duno, i think i talked to you..

im also kinda tall and skinny, you were with a friend who had glasses...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Who the hell is he, and why is he so controversial?

he's CG you damn fresher. ehh, read the link, i think myth explained him pretty well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Lighthouse_Cat

Also quite the foil fencer, from talk in the club...

he's CG you damn fresher. ehh, read the link, i think myth explained him pretty well.
    I did. There was no indication of controversy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

He made comments apparently that gatlings child, which was born out of wed lock, should have been killed, or so I'm told. Also "apparently" he's a homophobic racist. Lots more stuff on top of that, don't know how true any of it is really. I voted for him cause he had a funny name.

LiouVille wrote:
    He made comments apparently that gatlings child, which was born out of wed lock, should have been killed, or so I'm told. Also "apparently" he's a homophobic racist. Lots more stuff on top of that, don't know how true any of it is really. I voted for him cause he had a funny name.

i love how they blow thing out of porportion! I would never propose killing children as i was the pro-life canidate. i have gay friends and even drank at the george a time or two. i think homosexuality is wrong, but like few at Trinity though, im not afraid to say what i really think about the subject. im not a racist. i voted for allen keys in the republican primaries, want thomas to be the next cheif justice and would vote for rice if she ran. they're all black! last night, i went on a date with a girl from mexico (although her family is really from Spain). i do love sterotypes though, there's always a hint of truth in them.

i spent today at my new job in a law firm. it was tough, but i really liked it and someday i shall be a fine lawyer. i told three people that they arnt getting out of jail ann time soon as their appeals were quashed. kind of felt bad for them, but when one looks at what some of them did, you'd think a proper hanging was in order! probably more of the same tomorow, though i might be in court. still feel like sort of a lackey though. i think develing before lawschool is better then after because you havent developed the lawyer's sence of pride yet.

tell john i said hi Chris!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Lets just say for a minute I believe you're who you say you are. I did find the image of you as a mindless homophobic racist Nazi a bit too convenient. especially considering the source. I think allot of people found CG morality very objectionable but one thing was for sure he was not as two demensional as people made out. I suspected you would be the type of person to have gay friends, at the time. You seemed full or paradoxes. Where the rumors about you and homeless men true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Is it true you tampered with a roomate's condoms with a pin because you were sick of him having sex with his girlfriend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

I'm back in Rockport TX!

I know much more about Christopher than any you guys do and have a lot of respect for him. He speaks his mind and his views are different, but never allowed those to be suppressed by anyone objecting to him!

We had a whale of a time in Brownsville! Want to head back and meet him sometime again. Best of luck with Law School and fun in court!

His dad is really cool too and has a cat that prefers water from the bathroom sink to the drinking bowl.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

i love how they blow thing out of porportion! I would never propose killing children as i was the pro-life canidate. i have gay friends and even drank at the george a time or two. i think homosexuality is wrong, but like few at Trinity though, im not afraid to say what i really think about the subject. im not a racist. i voted for allen keys in the republican primaries, want thomas to be the next cheif justice and would vote for rice if she ran. they're all black! last night, i went on a date with a girl from mexico (although her family is really from Spain). i do love sterotypes though, there's always a hint of truth in them.
    I'm not racist. I have lots of black friends, I swear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I'm not racist. I have lots of black friends, I swear!
    Nah, they're just servants.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i only snort coke off milk white bess girls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

i only snort coke off milk white bess girls
    I'm sensing a paradox in this post...

I'm sensing a paradox in this post...
    Heh, well spotted. :D

DrIndy wrote:
    I'm back in Rockport TX!

I know much more about Christopher than any you guys do and have a lot of respect for him. He speaks his mind and his views are different, but never allowed those to be suppressed by anyone objecting to him!

We had a whale of a time in Brownsville! Want to head back and meet him sometime again. Best of luck with Law School and fun in court!

His dad is really cool too and has a cat that prefers water from the bathroom sink to the drinking bowl.....

So that's a no comment on the condom thing?

so he'd go to the box of condoms. pierce thru the wrapper into the condom it's self, prick a hole. then stick the condoms back in the box, and the box back in the sock drawer/fridge/whereever you kept them (fridge?) and then say nothing. so house mate comes along, whips it on, doesnt realise it's broken.....ha...genius i say.

• Advertisement

so he'd go to the box of condoms. pierce thru the wrapper into the condom it's self, prick a hole. then stick the condoms back in the box, and the box back in the sock drawer/fridge/whereever you kept them (fridge?) and then say nothing. so house mate comes along, whips it on, doesnt realise it's broken.....ha...genius i say.

Well that's what I heard. But no use of the word genius.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement