Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theme & Issue

Options
  • 05-06-2005 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

How likely is Theme & Issue to come up in the Comparitive Studies section??? :)
    It's the only part that I actually have some bit of idea what to write about so what do ye all think???
    Is it likely??? :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭deek

It better not come up or ill kick its ass I havent looked at it since about November.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Its the easiest by a long way out of the three. I wish Cultural context was up for us too, it seems really easy! Typical!

But anyway, its not likely because it came up last year, but of course your gonna get 2/3 so its something you should study...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

I'm hoping it will come up. I don't really know how to approach the other types of comparative questions.

Anyone got some tips for me, on how to answer lit genre/vision and viewpoint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭hum

for lit genre..
    just some basic points to consider...

NARRATION....................... omniscient/third person etc

CHRONOLOGY.....................linear/time span/flash backs

LANGUAGE.........................dialogue/discriptive/close up shots,stage directions

HUMOUR...........................type of humour used/black comedy/farse etc

compare with these aspects in mind.. i hope thats what your looking for! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Theme or Issue and Literary Genre both came up last year... So it looks like General Vision and Viewpoint is the likely one this year

• Advertisement

Cheers hum, that's excellent.

What about vision and viewpoint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

hope to god themes dont appear cos i dont really know how to write 3 pages on themes. so i hope genre comes up, i love that question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

me loves genre too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭hum

What about vision and viewpoint?

sorry dont have a clue about the general vision and viewpoint im doing theme or issue and lit genre :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭deek

Ya know when they say refer to a "key moment" what exactly constitutes a key moment? Do you think if you just made lotsa little references to things in the texts thatd itd be ok?

• Advertisement

I think a key moment is anything that you see as important in the text. It could be anything so long as you explain why it is key.

Advertisement