Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Music

Options
  • 05-06-2005 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

This deserves its own thread!!! What songs do you listen to to get you motivated to study!??

Im the beach boys and Feeder Just a day and some queen!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Erm, to get me studying I funnily enough stick on some classical music. (pianos, violins, brass etc.)

At the moment I'm using the works of Nobou Uematsu to help me study.

I find if you listen to music you normally listen to i'm constantly just singing along taping pens to the drum beat etc even trying to figure out the chords to the song (this only happens if you play guitar) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Any of my favourites really; incubus, green day, muse, the white stripes and I just got the caesars new album and its not bad.

Stereophonics new album is good stuff too btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

kings of leon- milk....brilliant ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Rammstein works for me, oddly enough. Because I don't speak German, I'm not concentrating on the lyrics so I tend to focus more on what I'm doing. Also any of the works of Koji Kondo and Kenji Yamamoto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭trishemurphy

i find the best is bic runga its great and for some reason doesn't put me off or maybe it does i don't know but i'll completely agree with incubus especially if you're talking about the make yourself album particularly drive love that tune :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

I find myself listening to the prescibed pieces on the music course. I've really gotten into JS Bach and have gotten completely sick of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody

Of course I DESPISE Gerald Barry's monstrosity and i hope it dosent feature much on the paper... I'm not going to listen to and study something I truly hate, i refuse to put myself through excessive pain for the leaving cert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭trishemurphy

you know i heard barry is tipped so it might not do you any harm although i don't do music so i don't know how bad he is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bek

chris cornell his own album, fabulous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

usually some piano for me.

Advertisement