Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem using Xbox Media Center

Options
  • 05-06-2005 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

I have a modded Xbox and i am using UnleashX and i have an application called Xbox media center. I want to play videos from my pc but when i go into Smb share or workgroups it asks me for a password which i dont have. I tired editing the file to take off the password but it still asks me for a password. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

I do it a different way myself.
    Get yourself flashFXP.
    Go into XBMC and go through settings,go to network settings,take down the ip address. should be something like 192.168.0.2
    Now connect your pc and xbox using a crossover cable or 2 regular cat5 cables and a hub,load up flashFXP and enter your ip you got from XBMC.
    Enter your user name and password, they are both xbox
    now select the video's you want and and put them on your e: drive in a folder called Videos.
    Hope this works,let me no
    chris :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Moral of Story

Illegal things are very, very bold

Stay clean kids

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

what OS is supplying the SMB share?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭GaMMoN

I already have Flashfxp anyway, It dosent matter now anyway. Thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Moral of Story

Illegal things are very, very bold

Stay clean kids

What's Illegal about XBMC? It doesn't use the SDK.

Anyway, edit your xboxmediacenter.xml file

Look for the SMB bookmark.

<path>smb://WORKGROUP;username:password@IP/drive</path>

That's the format. Use your PC's login details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

your right nothing, but to have it run on xbox, you must be doing sometihng illegal, as your running unsigned code to actually have xbmc on your xbox in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yes but in the context of this forum, discussion is allowed.

Advertisement