Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International call cheaper than payphone?

Options
  • 05-06-2005 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭

Sister's doing the "trip around the world", and she wrote this in her blog:
    They have a much better reception than Ireland (which couldn't be hard in fairness). It was also cheaper to ring my dads mobile from Mongolia than it is from a payphone In Ireland (vodafone sort that out will you?).
    Makes you wonder, doesn't it? If its beacuse of their *cough* up to date *cough* equipment, any chance of just using the old stuff that works, rather than the new shiney, feck-all-chance-of-working-outside-the-pale equipment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

You are putting forward a great argument there, especially with all the fact you have, i.e. your sister in Mongolia who obviously doesn't have a clue what she is talking about.

Was she calling from a landline, pay phone, mobile or something else? Not much point in comparing it to Eircom's payphone charges unless she is calling from payphone (you do not specify)....

I assume she mentioned Vodafone because her dad is a Vodafone customer? Yes because that is a valid basis for an argument.

Finally, is this is just an excuse to whinge about something for the sake of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You are putting forward a great argument there, especially with all the fact you have, i.e. your sister in Mongolia who obviously doesn't have a clue what she is talking about.

Was she calling from a landline, pay phone, mobile or something else? Not much point in comparing it to Eircom's payphone charges unless she is calling from payphone (you do not specify)....

I assume she mentioned Vodafone because her dad is a Vodafone customer? Yes because that is a valid basis for an argument.

Finally, is this is just an excuse to whinge about something for the sake of it?
    Sorry about not specifying stuffredface.gif

She was calling from a mobile, to a Vodafone phone. My "whinge" was that I found it amusing that it was cheaper for her to call my father from Mongolia, rather than ringing him from a landline at home, thus why is it dearer at "home" than it is in a country at the other side of the road, for the call charge.

I do take your point about the payphone thing, tho.

=-=

I think I thought I was trying to post this in Afterhours; had both forums open. I'm not a praying man, but if there is a mod out there, please move this threadredface.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Iits cheaper forher to rng her dad from a mobile from mongolia than from a landline in Ireland, surely thats Eirom's fault and not Vodafone, seeing as the call here is originating from an eircom phone not a vodafone phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I don't know if this is related to this or not but i say in a some pare yesterday i can't remember for the life of me, that Eircom are introducing a charge for "free" 1800 calls i guess mainly to non-eircom Phone card users using their phones, i guess that 999 112 Calls will still be free for obvious reasons.

Regrds netwhizkid

Advertisement