Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd Transfer Signings + Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

O'Shea.

The reason I think pip should be sold, same with Kleberson(although I think he'd be great in La Liga, he is a quality player), and Fortune is that while they do a good job, and are great servants, they are stoping Jones/Rossi/Spector/O'Shea becoming the new crop of talented players. And I think that is a bad thing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

PHB wrote:
    they are stoping Jones/Rossi/Spector/O'Shea becoming the new crop of talented players. And I think that is a bad thing

Sorry but O'Shea is $hite full stop.

No he isn't.

So ****e that as a defender he still managed to finish off a 4-2 win over Arsenal with a magical finish.

He had a very good first season, and has just lost confidence. He is a young talented CB playing out of position and is a quality player for the future of both United and Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

And has shown that he can be a handy utitlity man in midfield, I remember the FA Cup match against Middelsborough at O.T. last season where he put in a great performance and scored a good goal.

So most of the Man Utd boards think a transfer is going to happen within three days.
    This is because our 'fiscal' year begins on August the 1st, so our transfer kitty will eb released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

PHB wrote:
    So most of the Man Utd boards think a transfer is going to happen within three days.
    This is because our 'fiscal' year begins on August the 1st, so our transfer kitty will eb released.
    hmmm

we'll see

If they go after someone who'll it be

You should see the goal just scored against Man United from the Tokyo club, ****ing unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,393 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PHB wrote:
    don't you mean after three days?

PHB wrote:
    No he isn't.

So ****e that as a defender he still managed to finish off a 4-2 win over Arsenal with a magical finish.

He had a very good first season, and has just lost confidence. He is a young talented CB playing out of position and is aquality player for the future of both United and Ireland.

LOL man your deluding yourself if you think O'Shea is any good and a good CB!!!!
    He is such a **** defender that even fergie doesnt trust his defensive abilites so they throw him in midfield somewhere, so thats why he is played out of position ;)

He will NEVER make the Utd XI (Well actually I hope he does for obvious reasons!)
    Has he ever had a good game for ireland too? In fact he shouldnt be in the team at all imo

He is better of going somewhere like Newcastle where he will fit in nicely with all the other crap defenders(suppose boumsong is ok though)
    a quality player for the future of both United and Ireland.

this is going in my sig.

• Advertisement

He will NEVER make the Utd XI

He already did in the first season, played as the left back and was one of the players of the season for United. Class doesn't disappear. Sometimes it goes hiding for a while, but hes only 24, and I think in 3 years time, just around 26/27 mark, he'll be holding down a regular slot in the United defense, and deservedly so.

United just lost to the Toyko league leaders in a match which is best compared to the FA Cup final, domination of the game, lost by missed chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

ffs better not be an omen of things to come :mad:

PHB wrote:
    He already did in the first season, played as the left back and was one of the players of the season for United. Class doesn't disappear. Sometimes it goes hiding for a while, but hes only 24, and I think in 3 years time, just around 26/27 mark, he'll be holding down a regular slot in the United defense, and deservedly so.

Did you ever hear of the saying form is Temporay, Class is permanent!
    Are you fergie in disguise?? LOL!

Had a good first season(indicating form)....since then nothing!

Heinze is a good player and O'Shea is will go nowhere to getting that place back.
    And he is proabably 4th choice CB....

Yea Class alright.
    Is it only me that thinks he is ****e!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

jank wrote:
    Is it only me that thinks he is ****e!?
    No.

PHB wrote:
    United just lost to the Toyko league leaders in a match which is best compared to the FA Cup final, domination of the game, lost by missed chances.
    What was the score? :(

• Advertisement

2-1.

He won't make it as the LB, that's gona be Heinze's for 3 season more at least.
    He will push for the CB position, and I think he will eventually get it.

PHB wrote:
    2-1.

He won't make it as the LB, that's gona be Heinze's for 3 season more at least.
    He will push for the CB position, and I think he will eventually get it.
    Who scored United's goal? What concerns me most isn't that we lost the match, but what you said about all the missed chances like the FA Cup Final.

And back on the O' Shea thing, Heinze is gonna be at LB for many years to come, I'd say O' Shea will be pushing for a CB spot, maybe midfield. And he is handy cover if anything happens to Heinze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

What concerns me most isn't that we lost the match.

What should also be of concern is that Rio and Van the man are at each others throats.

No Keane = No Leadership ..... United are coming apart at the seams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

What should also be of concern is that Rio and Van the man are at each others throats

Seems Rio gave him stick for not showing for the ball.I can imagine a certain contract was mentioned in Ruud's return comments. I read Ruud also kneed a player off the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Culchie wrote:
    What should also be of concern is that Rio and Van the man are at each others throats.

No Keane = No Leadership ..... United are coming apart at the seams.
    doesn't sound good at all.

• Advertisement

What should also be of concern is that Rio and Van the man are at each others throats

OMG, watch out, its a
    HYPER BOLE!

For crying out loud, they had a disagreement at the end of the game, which was concluded by the time they left the pitch.

PHB wrote:
    OMG, watch out, its a
    HYPER BOLE!

For crying out loud, they had a disagreement at the end of the game, which was concluded by the time they left the pitch.

:) I love the way you just dismiss anything that might somehow might suggest that all is not well in the United camp. :)

Culchie wrote:
    :) I love the way you just dismiss anything that might somehow might suggest that all is not well in the United camp. :)

Well when somebody shows me something to actually suggest that that isn't just silly, I'll be somewhat worried. Until then though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

PHB wrote:
    Well when somebody shows me something to actually suggest that that isn't just silly, I'll be somewhat worried. Until then though
    I think he just is pointing out the fact that you are always so content to sweep under the carpet anything in the most remotest bit negative as regards United. Which there has been a lot of so far this Summer.

Things like players frustrations at last seasons failures, as well as players refusal to commit to the side causes tensions, very real ones, as has been demonstrated over the last few weeks.

Ferdinand not signing.
    Ferdinand getting booed.
    Rooney, Ronaldo, Ferdinand travelling seperately from the rest of the team.
    Keane and Ferguson.
    Ferdinand reportedly giving the V sign to supporters.
    Ferdinand Van Nistelrooy.

Im not saying they are falling apart at the seems, but I would be lying if I were a United supporter and I wasnt moderately concerned at all this reported friction.

I think he just is pointing out the fact that you are always so content to sweep under the carpet anything in the most remotest bit negative as regards United. Which there has been a lot of so far this Summer.

Things like players frustrations at last seasons failures, as well as players refusal to commit to the side causes tensions, very real ones, as has been demonstrated over the last few weeks.

Ferdinand not signing.
    Ferdinand getting booed.
    Keane and Ferguson.

Im not saying they are falling apart at the seems, but I would be lying if I were a United supporter and I wasnt moderately concerned at all this reported friction.

or Malcolm Glazier and fans revolt, and the fact that all the Man Utd assets (including players) are now under guarantee to finance personal borrowings.

There always is, every summer, its what the sun does to sell papers.
    Lets look at this rumours.

Ferdinand not signing.

Ok, that is bad, I accept that.

Ferdinand getting booed.

Duh, he isn't signing a new contract. He'll be loved again once he has signed, which he has said he intends to do. He also only gets boo'd by a small minority, which won't happen at Old Trafford.

Which was reported later that they all got permission to do so.

Keane and Ferguson.

Denied by both Keane and Ferguson

reportedly is the key word, shock shock, another story.

HYPERBOLE

Ferdinand not signing.
    Ferdinand getting booed.
    Keane and Ferguson.

Well said there seems to be no team spirit in Utd at the moment and the players seem to be picking fights with each other.
    With keane in the team you have a team, without him you have lots of "superstars" with big egos

Utd will win nothing next year imo.
    He'll be loved again once he has signed,
    Rio loved!! He was never loved by the fans in the first place, in fact he is probably the most unpopular player at utd in recent times

Culchie wrote:
    or Malcolm Glazier and fans revolt, and the fact that all the Man Utd assets (including players) are now under guarantee to finance personal borrowings.
    With so many I knew one would slip my mind ;)

PHB wrote:
    There always is, every summer, its what the sun does to sell papers.
    Lets look at this rumours.

Ferdinand not signing.

Ok, that is bad, I accept that.

Ferdinand getting booed.

Duh, he isn't signing a new contract. He'll be loved again once he has signed, which he has said he intends to do. He also only gets boo'd by a small minority, which won't happen at Old Trafford.

Which was reported later that they all got permission to do so.

Keane and Ferguson.

Denied by both Keane and Ferguson

reportedly is the key word, shock shock, another story.

HYPERBOLE
    I like the way you use reportedly in your favour when addressing the permission of the players to travel seperate to the rest of the squad, yet it is a "key word, shock shock, another story" when addressing Ferdinands V-sign. Link here by the way.

As I said, I dont claim they are falling apart, but if I were a supporter I would be somewhat concerned. Youd NEVER see stories concerning the team spirit at United up until this year.

I said reported when referring to the travel situation because it was reported on Man Utd.com that it happened.

See the link you gave. You see the way there is no comment from anyone who actually saw it, any picture of it, infact any evidence whatsoever to suggest that it happened. Except
    defender was accused of aiming a two-fingered gesture at a group of supporters in Asia.
    Thats all there was.

• Advertisement

Everyone is trying to bust United's chops, happens every single year. Before Glazer it was Magnier and Macmanus. You guys said PHB is sweeping everything under the carpet, but what you guys are doing is just jumping on a speculation bandwagon. Rio, Rooney and Ronaldo rent a car to drive home? Big ****ing deal!
    The Rio situation is bad, granted, but I won't lose sleep over it. I have lost respect for him, he just seems like a bit of a mercenary at this stage, but whatever happens with him it won't decide the ultimate fate of United.

PHB wrote:
    I said reported when referring to the travel situation because it was reported on Man Utd.com that it happened.

See the link you gave. You see the way there is no comment from anyone who actually saw it, any picture of it, infact any evidence whatsoever to suggest that it happened. Except
    Thats all there was.
    Apologies, my fault.

There isnt a single thing going on behind the scenes at United. In fact I can smell the roses from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

PHB wrote:

Thats all there was.

lol yes, they must be making it up.

As i said no smoke without fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Don't know if any of you saw the Charlton-QPR friendly.

Jonathan Spector had an outstanding game. Setting up one goal, winning a penalty and bossing the back line. Hope he plays well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Apologies, my fault.

There isnt a single thing going on behind the scenes at United. In fact I can smell the roses from here.

Of course there things going on behind the scenes at United. There is things going on behind the scenes at every club all the time, Gerrard at Liverpool , Viera /Pires/Campbell at Arsenal. I,m sure Chelsea has a few unhappy bench warmers. It's part and parcel of the modern game. Nothing to get worked up over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

The Muppet wrote:
    Of course there things going on behind the scenes at United. There is things going on behind the scenes at every club all the time, Gerrard at Liverpool , Viera /Pires/Campbell at Arsenal. I,m sure Chelsea has a few unhappy bench warmers. It's part and parcel of the modern game. Nothing to get worked up over.
    There would have to be something pretty strange going on at Arsenal for campbell to be having grievances with them...

Shows that United are missing Keane there though, he would just not let that kinda crap happen..

There would have to be something pretty strange going on at Arsenal for campbell to be having grievances with them...

How about being left out of the Fa Cup final. Do you think that didn't bother him? He would not have been happy to hear he was being offered to Newcastle as part of a bid for Jenas either. I,m not use that second bit is accurate bit as Janks favourite saying at the moment is "theres no smoke without fire" I'll throw it out there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The Muppet wrote:

We see cambell airing his grievences in public though. How come there haven been no reported bust ups with arsenal or chelsea? Liverpool sorted the gerrard issue out. If united dont sort rio out before the season its goning to be a massive problem.

• Advertisement

If united dont sort rio out before the season its goning to be a massive problem.

United could ceftainly do without the distraction Rio is causing at the moment. I believe if he doesn't sign his new contract shortly Fergie will do a Japp Stamm on him and get shut. Ferdinand has cost United in the last two seasons (his ban) I hope he won't be let do it again. That said I want him to stay and I don't agree with United supporters booing him and I,m sure what we saw happen earlier today between himself and Ruud is brought about by the frustration of situation he is in at the moment.

Saw a video of United training this morning, Rio and Ruud seemed to be happy out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭SteM

Saw a video of United training this morning, Rio and Ruud seemed to be happy out.

Necromomicon, this post isn't what the people who read this forum want to be reading. Please edit your post to
    Saw a video of United training this morning, Rio and Ruud were kicking lumps out of each other.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

SteM wrote:
    Necromomicon, this post isn't what the people who read this forum want to be reading. Please edit your post to
    Thank you.

Yeah - Thats blatant trolling - you can get banned for that. Theres no way eberyone could be happy at Utd.

SteM wrote:

Thank you.
    Hehe, you should send your C.V. into The Sun :)

Hehe, you should send your C.V. into The Sun :)

The Bray People maybe ;)

God, this has been a boring close season for United transfers. I hope PHB's theory about money coming in on August 1st is right, might give us something to talk about.

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote:
    But take Liverpools case for example.

Whenever there was things going on with Gerrard I wouldnt delude myself to think that every thing was hunkydory. I wanted it sorted and sorted quick because it was effecting the team. I freely admitted that.

Whenever there was things going on with Gerrard I wouldnt delude myself to think that every thing was hunkydory. I wanted it sorted and sorted quick because it was effecting the team. I freely admitted that.

:confused:

But you quoted him as saying
    Of course there things going on behind the scenes at United.

so how is he deluding himself that everything is hunkydory?

I can honestly say I'm not overly concerned with the goings-on at United. Obviously, when the Glazer thing started it was a concern and caused an uneasy atmosphere--but I think a lot of the dust has settled on that. I am slightly frustrated at the lack of summer signings, but I think we have a strong squad. Also, not just sweeping things under the carpet, I think the whole Fergie vs. Keane was an absolute non-story.
    For me, the only real 'situation' is the Rio thing. I wish he'd sign the damn contract, it can't be good for morale when players see this happening. If he goes, he isn't irreplaceable. But I don't think United's season hinges on what Ferdinand does in terms of his contract.

SteM wrote:
    :confused:

But you quoted him as saying

so how is he deluding himself that everything is hunkydory?
    Well he said after "there is things going on behind the scenes at every club all the time". Kind of playing it down. The Muppet at least acknowledged it. Some posters really are pushing it under the carpet claiming its all paper talk.

Things like the Glazer takeover happened. Some players directly supported SU who were directly opposed to the clubs now owners. Some fans have boycotted the club.

Keane and Ferguson had a run in, that in itself I wouldnt be too concerned about because they both have such mutual respect for each other. But on the other hand it is Keanes last season, he is desperate to win something. This is evident by his unhappiness at the pre-season training camps relaxed approach. Im not sure every player at United is as commited to the cause as Keane. They all dont have the same time-constraints on their careers as Keane.

The Ferdinand saga continues, fans are booing him. You first choice defender and probable next captain.

As I said earlier, I dont claim that United are falling apart, but I would not brush it all aside as "paper talk". Never before has their been questions over the United dressing room. It will be an interesting season for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Has everyone here forgotten that this is 'Man Utd Transfer Singings and Rumours' thread and not the 'OMFG ManYoo are teh fuxord' thread.

Thank you.

Back OT, Ballack by next friday anyone?

• Advertisement
Advertisement