Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd Transfer Signings + Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,393 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

johnor wrote:
    why? did you not think Heinze gave away alot of freekicks, possesion from clearences, he has been good in the air and defended the majority of the corners we conceded very well. He is what what united need, with his agression and attacking abilities, cant start to compare him to dennis irwin tho.
    I don't think Heinze is the best left back in the world BUT i think it is unfair to call him on losing the ball on clearences, our entire team do that - for some reason we are very very poor at holding the ball when pumped long.

I do think Heinze is one of the two best left backs in england, and if Cole goes he will certainly be the best. You also have to remember, he is naturally a center back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

johnor wrote:
    I didnt think Heinze was a a great defender last year, he makes good challenges but he gives away alot of freekicks and alot of his clearences arent up to standard a few from the CL come to mind. Dont get me wrong i think hes the best left full we've had since denni i just dont think hes the defender denni was. He definitly gives us the agression and attacking power we needed that side but imo when it comes to defending i dont think hes the best.

This is gas....I have been watching Heinze for a long time, playing in France, for Argentina and then for Utd and when he signed for Utd I said he was a quality player even thou a few people on here said he wasnt(you know who you are, hang your heads)

He is class.....best player for Utd this season and best left back int he league.......gives away alot of freekicks????? are you mental.....he is the one player who can challange and the player feels it afterwards.....good crosser of the ball and as he showed on his debut he is a good header of a ball and can nic in with a goal every so often

If you dont believe me listen to any commentator and there "expert" talking about him in any game last season!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm doubtful aout our attempt top buy Vicente cause it was from the SUn initally, and they thought we lodged a 35million bid for Buffon two weeks ago :)

That said, I'd like to see him in the side, but I don't think he is the player we need.
    Central midfield is what I want, but I think if Vicente was being bought, then maybe that might be a sign we'd revert to a 4-4-2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Real betis have come out and said united in in for jaquin along with real, chelski and barce...id imagine real will get him tho, fergie is obviously looking for a wing player. maybe he sees the left side as a bigger problem then the centre?

on a side note id love to see vincente's teammate braja at united think he is a class midfield player...

Baraja was apparently linked with the club the other day.

Regarding the central midfield role - maybe fergie sees Jones, Fletcher and N'Galula as the future of the united midfield. all 3 are young, and have a lot of promise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

My ideal united team for next year:
    van der Saar
    Neville
    Keane
    Milito
    Heinze
    Joaquin/Vicente---Scholes---Essien---Ronaldo
    Rooney

Gilardino/torres/eto'o/ruud

Sell rio, roy can do a job at cb for a few years yet.
    Buy ashley cole and move heinze to centre, or buy milito
    If ruud goes replace him with a top class striker
    They have to play 4-4-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

in all fairness think thats a bit drastic...

keane has a time left in midfield never mind cb. I dont think there is alot wrong with united across the back. maybe we need a new phil neville utility type player who can play right or left back... we have yer man spector coming thru on the right, he can give us 10 games this season. in the centre, i like brown think he is a good defender, prefare him to silvestre..maybe another cb dont think its a priority at the moment tho....

For me scholes and giggs need to be challenged in the midfield. We might need 3 new midfielders...a winger and two central players. Wonder if ferguson would think of scott parker as a possibility, dunno if chelsea would sell him to united. he seems the type of player who could learn alot at a club. defo tho scholes and giggs need to be challenged, park coming in and richardson developing would help too obviously, dunno if they will loan richardson out next season tho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

imo richardson is like a new signing in that he's coming back to OT as an england international and a proven premiership player.

his heart is with utd so thats a good start and he says he's determined to pin down a regular place at OT. he's a dangerous player as we've seen and could well become next year's 'fletcher'.

the defence atm is as solid as it can be imo with a solid established keeper and plenty of decent back up ie howard, o'shea, p.neville, brown, spector.

tbh there isnt much more utd can add to the starting 11. it's just the attitude and hunger that needs to be brought in or re-discovered. people talk about about the midfield being the problem but on their day giggs, ronaldo, keane scholes etc are some of best in the world in their positions. it's just a case of getting the best out of them and having them working together as a unit.

van der saar, heinze, silvestre, ferdinand, g.neville, giggs, scholes, keane, ronaldo, rooney, van nistelrooy.

imo you cant add much to that or improve upon it much atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

smemon wrote:
    imo richardson is like a new signing in that he's coming back to OT as an england international and a proven premiership player.

his heart is with utd so thats a good start and he says he's determined to pin down a regular place at OT. he's a dangerous player as we've seen and could well become next year's 'fletcher'.

next fletcher? you mean ****? :confused:

not that i think he is, good playr for the future but loads of united fans want him sold and think hes useless.

hes not porven either, one decent half season with WBA isnt proven imo.

smemon wrote:
    people talk about about the midfield being the problem but on their day giggs, ronaldo, keane scholes etc are some of best in the world in their positions. it's just a case of getting the best out of them and having them working together as a unit.

i cant remebr a match when they player to there best though. Maybe Arsenal at highbury, but thats all.

The strolled through the milan match and deservedly got shown up. THey need to seriously pull there finger out next season for that midfield to challenge chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

But their lies the problem.

On paper Uniteds first XI is as strong as they come, but in reality Keane and Scholes (who play in the most vital part of the field for any team) can be found wanting at times as a pairing because of their age.

They need to expand the squad with world class players (or at least proven players). Richardson isnt a proven player, how the hell can you say that? He played 11 games for WBA last year, Im sure you are going to say you saw them all but I doubt it. He did well looked like he had a bit of potential, but hes not ready to fill in for Keane/Scholes yet, far from it.

Its been obvious for a while that Giggs needs competition, but if the Park deal goes through at least there will be a bit.

They still need a proven CM though IMO, to assist Keane and Scholes, if they really want to challenge for the CL and PL.

• Advertisement

Its alright, Fergies got 20 mill to spend on a new midfielder.

Park is looking very likely:
    PSV Eindhoven's Park Ji-sung is edging closer to a move to Manchester United.

The South Korea international is to discuss the situation with PSV coach Guus Hiddink but seems certain to accept the chance of a switch to Old Trafford.

Although confessing it has not been a boyhood dream of his to represent The Red Devils, the midfielder thinks he will adapt to life in Manchester.

"I don't think that it would be difficult to adapt myself [to Manchester]," the 24-year-old told The Korea Times.

"I need to think not only about football but also about living conditions there, and I have already been considering it.

"I didn't have such a big dream [to play for Manchester United] when I was young.

"What is important for me is which place will be better to develop myself faster and consistently.

"But I should wait to know whether the time is now or later."

United will want to have Park on board in time for their pre-season tour of the Far East.

Fergie has apparently made approachs for Vicente and Joaquin, so he agrees with you Jiven, he wants a creative spark in midfield, and he is gona get one, hopefully of high high high quality, but I'd like to see D'Allasandro of Argentina in a United shirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

richardson got a 1st team chance and took it with 2 hands (albeit at WBA). BUT bottom of the league, chasing a seemingly lost cause he wasnt prepared to just get appearences under his belt, he was a key part of WBA's survival.

he impressed everyone there and could have stayed there had he wanted to, but he turned them down insisting he wanted to fight at OT. add to that a 2goal international debut, it speaks for itself. not many young players can shine like that when all the limelight is on them.

he's proven in the sense he has what it takes to be a premierhsip footballer. as of now, he's worth a few million at least. this time last year he was worth...... that proves my point.

he's not gonna get in ahead of keane or scholes or the like but if he does get a chance like fletcher did i'd say he could well get himself into the regular sqaud at least. by the way im not a fan of fletcher, i was simply referring to the way he got so many games last season (dont ask me how). hence why i think richardson could be next years 'fletcher' or the 'o'shea of 2 years ago ie the new kid on the block.

Chelsea are now in the running for Vicente - they really are determined to stop us getting a left winger!! and Jaoquin will go to Real Madrid if he leaves Betis. Is D'Allasandro actually good? big talk a few years back but i have not heard anything since.

Every time I see him play I'm impressed with him, I really think hes got the character we need in midfield, also quality player aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

joaquin is out of our price range imo with all of the big money bidders who would be involved

i dont think we have the wage deal to get vicente with chelsea competing

dalessandro is an interesting player-heard spurs were looking at him too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

United in for Owen :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,290 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

god help him if he goes, liverpool fans will never forgive him

Does anybody in the entire world think that Fergie would be willing to sell Ronaldo for Owen? Anybody?

The papers are really taking the micky out of United atm,
    My favorite story was:

UNITED'S TRANSFER SPENDING CAPPPED!!!!

United will only have 30 million a year to spend on players!!
    Only :)
    This was the Sun, who said it was the end of MUFC.
    Sure this is still the second highest in the league by a long way, but only 30 million!!

Buffon for 35 million
    Given for 8
    Robinson for 15

Who'd we sign?
    Van Der Saar for 2 :P

The papers are just making up stuff, cause United are doing their transfer quietly and properly this year

---

It's looking like Park is gona cost more money.
    I can't imagine how they can do this since if he wants to move, he is on the final year of his contract next year, and we;ll get him on a free either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

PHB wrote:
    It's looking like Park is gona cost more money.
    I can't imagine how they can do this since if he wants to move, he is on the final year of his contract next year, and we;ll get him on a free either way.

Because it's a Manchester United transfer. I have a formula worked out.

Everytime I see a price quoted for a player linked to ManYoo :

Price in Paper (X): 3m
    Formula : X squared minus X plus X cubed minus X times two.

Simple really.

• Advertisement

I honastly don't think Fergie is gona pay it.
    Its not like he is worth 8 million, he would be agreat squad player to have, and theres no way at all that Fergie is gona spend that much money on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Javier Mascheranois seen as the perfect long-term replacement for Roy Keane, while Michael Owen is being increasingly tipped to leave Real Madrid - with United a possible destination.

Meanwhile, Rio Ferdinand's contract negotiations continue to see him linked away from Old Trafford - and he may be sharing a flight to Barcelona with Ruud van Nistelrooy (according to the Star)...lol

any one ever hear of this Javier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

[/QUOTE]

Fans Eager For Park Swoop

United fans want to see the club tie up a move for South Korean star Park Ji-Sung, according to a ManUtd.com poll.

The midfielder is due for talks with his club PSV later this week to decide his future, with Old Trafford being touted as the likeliest destination should he decide to move on.

United may face competition from Chelsea, who are reported to be tracking the 24-year-old, while PSV have made it clear Park will not be allowed to leave on the cheap.

With United alleged to have lodged a bid with PSV Eindhoven for the energetic midfielder, we asked if you were keen for the move to go through.

Almost 84 per cent of the 2,460 readers who voted were hopeful United could do business with the Dutch champions, believing that Park would bring much-needed drive to the midfield.

Just over 10 per cent of those polled were unhappy with the move, and reckon United can attract a higher calibre of player, while an honest 5.7% admitted they hadn't seen enough of Park to forge an opinion.

PSV coach Guus Hiddink believes Park's future could be decided by the end of the week.

He said: "Later this week we will speak again with Park's agent. By then more will become clear."

Chairman of the Eredivisie champions, Rob Westerhof, points out that Park's popularity in the Far East raises his marketing value to any club that wants to sign him - an asset they feel must be reflected in any bid from Old Trafford.

i wouldnt think chelsea would be interested what would ye think

Chelsea could be interested for the same reason UNited are interested, marketing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

ManUtd.com
    The biggest propoganda machine since Hitler, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

Honestly I dont think park is the man to change it up in midfield...if chelsea try and move the price please god let man utd pull out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Javier Mascheranois seen as the perfect long-term replacement for Roy Keane, while Michael Owen is being increasingly tipped to leave Real Madrid - with United a possible destination.

Meanwhile, Rio Ferdinand's contract negotiations continue to see him linked away from Old Trafford - and he may be sharing a flight to Barcelona with Ruud van Nistelrooy (according to the Star)...lol

any one ever hear of this Javier
    Javier Mascherano - he's 21 and plays for River Plate in Argentina, he's also established in the national side. Real, Barca and Milan head the queue of European clubs trying to sign him.

Yeh, I also think he has signed a pre contract with PSV, meaning he is essentially a Chelsea player.

--

Does anybody in the entire world think that Owen would be a good signing for Man Utd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I do actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Does anybody in the entire world think that Owen would be a good signing for Man Utd?[/QUOTE]

I don't think he would suit United's style of football........don't think he would settle well either plus were would he fit in???
    I think it should be Rooney and RVN up front and have Alan Smith in midfield with Keane

PHB wrote:
    Yeh, I also think he has signed a pre contract with PSV, meaning he is essentially a Chelsea player.

--

Does anybody in the entire world think that Owen would be a good signing for Man Utd?
    i haven't heard anything bout that - as far as i know he is still up for grabs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

YEah this has been rumoured a good bit. I don't think he'd suit uniteds style. He might be good for arsenal though.

I think he'd be fantastic for Arsenal, really fantastic, exactly what it is that they need to become an unreal team.

Maybe thats why Man Utd are trying to buy him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

were would he fit in???? Fergie will probably try and play him on the wing like he did with Rooney................ which hasn't worked

Rooney has been brilliant on the wing for united, its just he would have been fantastic through the middle. despite being class on the wing, he is wasted there.

Tauren wrote:
    Rooney has been brilliant on the wing for united, its just he would have been fantastic through the middle. despite being class on the wing, he is wasted there.

I didnt really see Rooney have a good game playing on the wing.....he should not really be played out there.....behind the main striker is his best poistion and he most affective there......against Chelsea he was on the wing and had a terrible game......Leave Ronaldo out on the left and park on the right!!

he played very well against arsenal, and newcastle(off the top of my head) when being assigned the wingers position. granted he drifts inside.

Tauren wrote:
    he played very well against arsenal, and newcastle(off the top of my head) when being assigned the wingers position. granted he drifts inside.

For the Arsenal and Newcastle games he playing behind the striker from what I can remember...maybe Im wrong!!

that is kinda the problem, he drifts between central support and wing play, so the argument can go either way. lets just leave it alone and agree (at least) he would be far better used through the middle!

He plays up front, he drifts a lot, just like Ronaldo.
    They both play the support striker roles and they are really beginning to embrace them, as shown in the FA Cup final.
    Van Nist is the best striker we could possibly have for this role, with two drifters playing behind him, due to his incredible positioning sense.

Attack is not our problem, midfield is.
    Rooney is not wasted, he is becoming an amazing player, and seems to be really striking up a relationship with Ronaldo which I like to see.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I haven't seen anything of Mascherano, heard he's a tough tackling midfielder but a bit of a short arse - which could be an issue for Arsenal seeing as their two big CM prospects (Fabregas and Flamini) are short arses themselves.

He sounds like an ideal signing for United, he's young so he probably wouldn't mind if he didn't start every game, and once Keane was gone he'd be experienced enough to be the main man.

• Advertisement

Tauren wrote:
    that is kinda the problem, he drifts between central support and wing play, so the argument can go either way. lets just leave it alone and agree (at least) he would be far better used through the middle!

Ok we agree that I was right :D ....yeah he is better through the middle but thats why I mentioned Park would be a good signing because this messing of playing Scholes on a wing or moving Rooney back is not an answer to the probelm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Real Madrid are loaning Walter Samuel to Inter with a view to a permanent move. Samuel refused to take a pay cut for next season and Inter refused to match the wages he's on so that's the reason for the loan instead of a permanent move.

Anyway to make this Man Utd related, the short list of replacements include:
    Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd)
    Sergio Ramos (Sevilla) - target for Man Utd & Arsenal
    Tomas Ujfalusi (Fiorentina) - Man Utd have made enquiries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

How is Woodgate's recovery coming along? I haven't heard anything about him in ages. I'd say Newcastle are still chuckling to themselves though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Park seems to have finally resolved his saga and decided to join the marketting machine that is untited....just in time for their asian tour.

Also they are interested in Emre who is keen on a move to the prem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Looks like Ole's comeback is being put off.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=284833&CPID=8&CLID=&lid=3&title=Ole+comeback+delayed&channel=Premiership

Does anyone think he will ever really comeback? And if he does will he be half the player he was before getting injured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

We'll have to see come October, if he's not back then he will probably retire.

Ole will come back, and he will score on his return :)
    August was always a pipe dream, even he admitted that.
    ---
    Gah Bannor I hope you're wrong, I really want to sign Ramos[a fullback more accurately]
    ---
    Park:
    Park Ji-sung has reportedly decided to quit PSV Eindhoven for Manchester United.

One of the player's Asian agents claims he has decided to join United after mulling over the proposed move.

Kim Jeong-il is part of the Korean company that works with the PSV Eindhoven star on behalf of his main agent Chiel Dekker.

Jeong-il has now claimed that Park has indeed opted to make the switch to Old Trafford.

The South Korean star has been considering his options over the past few weeks after it was confirmed United had made a move for the 24-year-old.

"He has decided to join the English team," Jeong-il told the Yonhap News Agency.

"We will inform the president of our company, Lee Cheol-ho, who is now in the Netherlands, of Park's intention."

Sources close to the player have confirmed to skysports.com that United are closing on Park and a deal could be concluded as early as Wednesday or Thursday.

The 24-year-old arrived in Europe in 2002 following a tremendous World Cup campaign, when Guus Hiddink - who was his coach with South Korea - lured him to PSV.

Park had been reluctant to leave Hiddink's tutelage, but the lure of United seems to have been too much for him to turn down.

Seems like he has made up his mind, does that mean they've already accepted an offer or that they now will accept an offer?
    I hope we don't pay more than 5 million for him.

---

Emre:
    6 Premiership clubs have made an offer.
    With his wages,
    not including Chelsea cause they wouldn't want him,
    United/Arsenal/Liverpool/Newcastle/Everton/Bolton?
    Either way I'd imagine United would be in there, nice player to add to the squad imo.
    Especially for only 4 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭SteM

Bannor wrote:
    Real Madrid are loaning Walter Samuel to Inter with a view to a permanent move. Samuel refused to take a pay cut for next season and Inter refused to match the wages he's on so that's the reason for the loan instead of a permanent move.

Anyway to make this Man Utd related, the short list of replacements include:
    Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd)
    Sergio Ramos (Sevilla) - target for Man Utd & Arsenal
    Tomas Ujfalusi (Fiorentina) - Man Utd have made enquiries

How much is Walter Samuel on at Real?

This doesn't make economic sense to me tbh. Real wanted to cut his wages but he won't take a cut so they're loaning him out (so they won't get anything for him initially) and eying Ferdinand who will probably cost them £25m-£30m and the guts of £100,000 a week? Or have I picked something up wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

i think Real wanted to give him a pay cut because hes been playing brutal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Kim Jeong-il is part of the Korean company that works with the PSV Eindhoven star on behalf of his main agent Chiel Dekker.

Thats only one letter away from making me VERY suspicious...

Advertisement