Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Graph help help help

Options
  • 05-06-2005 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Just revising and iv hit a wall please can anyone explain to me quickly how to convert a square into a rectangle of equal area and you know one length..I know its easy and il kick myself when i find out but please its killing me...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Right you have a square ABCD

- put the length of rectangle (if longer than side of square) along AB
    - go perpendicular to the end of this line (line L)
    - extend the side DC (line M)
    - where M and L meet you'll get a point X
    - draw the line AX
    - where this line cuts the side BC that is the height (or length of other side of rectangle).

Ok I just drew that out and it worked, I was remembering from the junior cert though cos I haven't ever done it for the leaving. It's hard to explain so hope it's ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭The Failed God

I got it else where thanks for the effort anyway..Its always the junior cert constructions that get me,especially with Conics..Cheers

Advertisement