Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Night Talk 98FM

Options
  • 05-06-2005 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

I love Late Night Talk 98FM! Its got a bit of everything! Think of a topic..yes they cover it.
    The Movies with Reds is great.
    Clint Valeur waht a legend! Without him and this program I would not have come to own one of the best albums ever the Camembert Quartet's Sellin Out.
    The Stubliners, one of the best irish bands ever! Have you heard them on a thursday?
    With the Bogey School Around the Corner! The Stubbies gig alot and have an album comin soon!
    The Battle of The Bands was great won by the Slick Hippies of course has anyone heard their new single funny hat?
    Has anyone seen it being sold in the shops I'd like to know!
    What do you guys think of LateNightTalk?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Do you work for 98FM?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

indeed are you an employee of the show by any chance?

but yeah i like it, shows up adrian kennedy's show for the pile of chav crap it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭De Mad Yoke

No I'm not an employee but I love the show. adrian kennedy is crap and unfunny, thing I hate about that show instead of seperating their serious topics from their humorous stuff they put them together its all over the place.
    About the slick hippies has anyone seen their single being sold anywhere I'd like to know?
    Who here likes the Stubbies?

Hey Brian D you like phantom FM? I was never knew much about it but what good tunes! I'm listenin to it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Gemsbok15

Love the stubbliners, that mad fella jj cracks me up, himself and Magee on the sport are great, fitness with that Finbar guy is cool too, usually miss about the first hour, whats on that?

• Advertisement

Current affairs and stuff the good stuff is on later on

Anyone one hear Clint & Toms pisstake called JailBuilt on Thursday. Classic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Hey Brian D you like phantom FM? I was never knew much about it but what good tunes! I'm listenin to it now!

I certainly do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 MO141278

:confused: Anyone listen to Bogey School Around The Corner on the Late Nite Talk Show on 98fm on thursdays. Whatcha think of it

The Bogey School is great who's your favourite character? Monica, Buzzin, The teacher, the cab driver, Julian, Story, Sheila?

• Advertisement

i like buzzin and mr herman did you hear last thursdays show. it sounds great with sound effects ....

:) Anyone else like bogey school around the corner on thursday nights??? 98fm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

Listening to 98FM104 makes me want to vomit.

whys that..... i find 98fm entertaining....fm104 is just mank, yer man is mank, tom on 98fm has interesting topics all the time, well, i dont like sports but that seems really popular for those that do

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭GavinJCD

I found this topic in a google search.....

I've heard the Stubliners twice in The Playwright, Blackrock, and they are the business. ****ing class. Great mix of comedy and music.

Gav

i was at the playwright the first time they were there.... they were class...ever listen to them on the late night talk show from 98fm and hear their play bogey school. they get all of the crew to participate...its just brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Im sorry OP, but you're obviously quite mistaken. the idea of "late night talk radio" is the cheapest and most poorly constructed way of making a radio program ever! you get two idiots into a room, you have them yammering on and on and on, you give them an internet connection and allow most of the suburban community of dublin to ring in and wine about their problems and you've got a classic radio show thats actually just terrible.

it requires no thinking and the hosts spend their time slagging the poor guy who's only mistake was that he was stupid enough to call the two guys in dublin who know less about whatever problem hes having then he does!

I work in radio, I know what im saying, this kind of program is lazy and thoughtless and should be avoided, even for a laugh!

Regarding Motleys comments I think he may be talking about FM104 as Toms programme doesn't put out the old hackney styled programming he is talking about, it discusses current affairs in a sensible and enjoyable way, plus having a variety of good features and entertainment slots, by the way Tom is off at the moment, any reaction to the stand ins?

Advertisement