Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Really Violent Movies

• 05-06-2005 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Can any recommend some?

So far, I have things such as Toxic Avenger 4, Beyond the Limits, The Beyond, Starship troopers, Cannibal Holocaust, Braindead, and a few others.

Can anyone recommend any other very violent movies? (And don't even mention the crap that is Ichi the Killer)

Yes, I know this is quite odd. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Battle Royale?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

That australian one with yer man in prison... Cant remember what its called.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Chief--- wrote:
    That australian one with yer man in prison... Cant remember what its called.
    Chopper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Battle Royal I & Battle Royal II: Requiem, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Blade Films, Fight Club (Not the violentest but still a great film), Full Metal Jacket, Spawn, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead (There more of horror movies but still violent, Dawn of the Dead the remake too. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

R0ot wrote:
    Battle Royal I & Battle Royal II: Requiem, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Blade Films, Fight Club (Not the violentest but still a great film), Full Metal Jacket, Spawn, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead (There more of horror movies but still violent, Dawn of the Dead the remake too. :D

Thanks, but they are too tame for my liking (HAve pretty much all mentioned on DVD)

I am looking for extreme violent and grisly films :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

basquille wrote:
    Chopper?

Thats it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

There's a Toxic Avenger 4? I have the first one but didn't bother to watch it yet.

For sheer nastiness watch Audition. Same director as Ichi but less comic book in style.
    Switchblade Romance is pretty nasty too, xtravision have it. Crap ending though.
    I thought the recent remake of Dawn of the dead was the most violent I've seen in a mainstream movie.

Edit: Just spotted your later post re. DOTD remake...

patch wrote:
    There's a Toxic Avenger 4? I have the first one but didn't bother to watch it yet.

For sheer nastiness watch Audition. Same director as Ichi but less comic book in style.
    Switchblade Romance is pretty nasty too, xtravision have it. Crap ending though.
    I thought the recent remake of Dawn of the dead was the most violent I've seen in a mainstream movie.

There is indeed a Toxic Avenger 4, and its by far the goriest of them all, with the highest production values.

Switchblade romance, yes that was somewhat grisly, and Dawn of the Dead was alright also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

What about Saw? I aint seen it yet but i hear its ment to be great.

R0ot wrote:
    What about Saw? I aint seen it yet but i hear its ment to be great.

Its not very gory though! All the current suggestions are good films, but not what I am after!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

I've just remembered the one scene I'll never forget, and I don't mean the turtle being chopped up Cannibal Holocaust...

Irriversable. The scene near the start where the main guy finds the rapist who attacked his girlfriend.
    THE most gruesome scene ever.

Hmmm, that sounds interesting....

I'll give that a go, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Cannibal Holocaust, Living Dead At The Manchester Morgue, From Beyond (Not to be confused with The Beyond) Dellamorte Dellamore, The Story Of Ricky, Contamination, Tenebre, Profondo Rosso.

That should keep you well and happy. Some "So bad they're good" films, but some outright masterpieces also. You really can't go too far from with some classic Dario Argento.

Cannibal Holocaust, Living Dead At The Manchester Morgue, From Beyond (Not to be confused with The Beyond) Dellamorte Dellamore, The Story Of Ricky, Contamination, Tenebre, Profondo Rosso.

That should keep you well and happy. Some "So bad they're good" films, but some outright masterpieces also. You really can't go too far from with some classic Dario Argento.

Great selection there, thanks! Just the sort I'm after exactly!

I've seen a few of those, and Dario Argentos one are great for the gore (Demons, etc)

Thanks for that list Karlh, great stuff

I've seen a few of those, and Dario Argentos one are great for the gore (Demons, etc)

Argento only produced Demons, his own films are infinetly better, up to a point. Infact, I might nab a few of his classics on DVD, not seen a few of them in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Gangster Number 1

The Way of the Gun

28 Days Later

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Special mention - AFAIK this won the Palm Gore.

Probably not as violent as you want but very black humour, and yes I did see it before LOTR
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092610/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

'Romper Stomper' with Russell Crowe.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105275/

Ah in fairness, I doubt there's anyone out there who's into his gore who hasn't seen braindead. There's a lot of posters who are suggesting the most glaringly obvious films altogether. Almost defeats the point of looking for suggestions, doesn't it?

Sorry, little rant there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

gangster number one is a terrific film.
    scarface
    animal factory (not sure if i'm confusing this with another movie...the one i'm thinking of was about english soccer hooligans)

• Advertisement

Ah in fairness, I doubt there's anyone out there who's into his gore who hasn't seen braindead. There's a lot of posters who are suggesting the most glaringly obvious films altogether. Almost defeats the point of looking for suggestions, doesn't it?

Sorry, little rant there.

There are also a lot of posters suggesting films that are not gory, but just feature...wait for it...

Blood! :eek:

So far, I've gotten exactly what I was looking for from KarlH here, all the other suggestions, thank you, but they are not what I am looking for!

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

scum

j0e wrote:
    scum

Hopefully, you are referring to the movie, which was fantastic, and not actually calling me scum :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Did anyone mention Last House On The Left yet? Preferably the region 1 version - region 2's cuts make it a bit tame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Some of these may be kinda hard to track down...

I Spit on Your Grave
    Nekromantik (hurr hurr)
    Bloodsucking Freaks (Probably the goriest Troma film)
    The Guinea Pig series (Needs no introduction...)
    Re-Animator

I second Karl's suggestion of Deep Red and The Story of Riki, also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

You should probably seek professional help to get to the root of why you enjoy such senseless, disgusting violence.

That said, the ouvre of Lucio Fulci contains many sickening delights that you might enjoy, including:

Zombie Flesh Eaters (utterly horrible splinter-through-the-eyeball scene makes it a classic)
    City of the Living Dead (guy gets a massive drill shoved through his skull... it'll take more than Anadin to fix that)
    The Beyond (take your pick from: face-eating tarantulas, eye-gougings and a child zombie getting his head blasted off - ouch)
    A Cat in the Brain (the trailer is gruesome enough - God only knows what the film is like. Banned in the UK until 2003.)

You might also want to check out the fine work of Herschell Gordon Lewis. Chartbusters carries a load of his films in their World Cinema section of late.

You should probably seek professional help to get to the root of why you enjoy such senseless, disgusting violence.

That said, the ouvre of Lucio Fulci contains many sickening delights that you might enjoy, including:

Zombie Flesh Eaters (utterly horrible splinter-through-the-eyeball scene makes it a classic)
    City of the Living Dead (guy gets a massive drill shoved through his skull... it'll take more than Anadin to fix that)
    The Beyond (take your pick from: face-eating tarantulas, eye-gougings and a child zombie getting his head blasted off - ouch)
    A Cat in the Brain (the trailer is gruesome enough - God only knows what the film is like. Banned in the UK until 2003.)

You might also want to check out the fine work of Herschell Gordon Lewis. Chartbusters carries a load of his films in their World Cinema section of late.

Ah thanks, I have all those movies apart from A Cat in the Brain - will look out for it.

Scratch Acid, some good suggestions there too!

Thank you for these lovely suggestions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

pwd wrote:
    animal factory (not sure if i'm confusing this with another movie...the one i'm thinking of was about english soccer hooligans)
    Football factory?
    fairly entertaining film
    didn't strike me as being very violent though :confused:
    (perhaps i'm just desensitised...)

• Advertisement

tman wrote:
    Football factory?
    fairly entertaining film
    didn't strike me as being very violent though :confused:
    (perhaps i'm just desensitised...)

Nope, it was cool, but not very violent at all......it had the same sound effect almost everytime someone got punched, headbutted or somehow hurt.... after awhile it became comical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

there is this japenese film about the rape of nanking( not that type) where a load of science guys get a load of pows and do tests on them.. ( bad tests) it is banned everywhere have not seen it but if u can get it .... will try and get you a name. i have been trying to get a film that actually shocked me to the core nothing i have seen to date has come close.

ronan

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,889 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thomas the Tank Engine and the Magic Rail Road. However it's mostly your own blood from self mutilation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Have to agree with the guy who said Irreversible man I don't mind the head bashing in Le Rectum club but the beating that Monica gets just too realistic!!!! I have to turn away to see beauty destroyed!!!!

Snake ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

ro1798 wrote:
    there is this japenese film about the rape of nanking( not that type) where a load of science guys get a load of pows and do tests on them.. ( bad tests) it is banned everywhere have not seen it but if u can get it .... will try and get you a name. i have been trying to get a film that actually shocked me to the core nothing i have seen to date has come close.

ronan

That would be 'Men Behind the Sun'. It's actually a Chinese movie, set in Japan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Besprechen

just watched irreversible too, disturbing, though should've made him suffer a bit longer coz he deserved every bit of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Try Shawn of the Dead ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

All Night Long 3
    Sadomania
    Scrapbook
    Emanuelle and the Last Cannibals
    Ebola Syndrome
    Chinese Torture Chamber Story
    Evil Dead Trap
    Junk
    Men Behind the Sun 2: Laboratory of the Devil
    Men Behind the Sun 3: A Narrow Escape
    Men Behind the Sun 4: Black Sun: The Nanking Massacre
    Anthropophagous 2000
    Violent **** Trilogy
    Ilsa the Wicked Warden
    Caligula 2 – The Untold Story

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Sin City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

American History X is pretty violent...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Besprechen wrote:
    just watched irreversible too, disturbing, though should've made him suffer a bit longer coz he deserved every bit of it.

Hey Besprechen,
    They killed the wrong man, the guy who raped & beat up Monica, was standing there watching his mate get beaten to death and enjoying it!!!!

One interesting point at the very end it looks like Monica is heavily pregnant in the park and maybe (probably wishful thinking on my behalf) it looks like the whole thing could have been a dream!

Which reminds me I must buy the canadian version of the dvd as it has a directors commentry in French but with english subtitles, might shed some light on the whole movie

Cheers

Snake ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

i thought man bites dog was bloody awful
    american history x is extremely good

Snake, use spoiler tags when discussing the plot details. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I haven't read the whole thread so it might be mentioned, but Ichi The Killer?

I haven't read the whole thread so it might be mentioned, but Ichi The Killer?

Haven't read the first post more like! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Besprechen

jeez Snake, cant believe it, :eek: it all makes perfect sense now, i shouldve played the end bit at the start again! the jerky camera actions threw me a bit.
    others, dont read Snakes ssspoiler if you're going to watch the film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Most have been mentioned but I willsay make sure you get the fullest most uncut versions you can find. The crap amazon sell is cut to shreds. especially films like cannibak holocaust. Havent seen it but salo is suppose to be pretty grusome check it out. And for more comic book style gore checkout the lonewolf and cub samari films.
    I cant believe what some are posting here as gory. Reservoir dogs always seems to pop up when violent films are mentioned despite the fact we see no violence except for a gunshot which can be seen in most films these days. :confused:

Babybing wrote:
    Most have been mentioned but I willsay make sure you get the fullest most uncut versions you can find. The crap amazon sell is cut to shreds. especially films like cannibak holocaust. Havent seen it but salo is suppose to be pretty grusome check it out. And for more comic book style gore checkout the lonewolf and cub samari films.
    I cant believe what some are posting here as gory. Reservoir dogs always seems to pop up when violent films are mentioned despite the fact we see no violence except for a gunshot which can be seen in most films these days. :confused:

Amazon sell unrated editions of a lot of movies. I got cannbial holocaust fromh there a year or so ago, its the uncut version with all the restored cuts....

Xcom - fantastic list, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Haven't read the first post more like! :D
    Hehe I actually did but somehow missed that, now I feel like an arse :)

Hehe I actually did but somehow missed that, now I feel like an arse :)

Don't worry, I overlooked that he had already said Cannibal Holocaust when I went and recommended it. D'oh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement