Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Galaxy-First Attempt

• 05-06-2005 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Heres my first attempt at some photo shopping after a lot of fooling around with it :) just some strange galaxy typed wallpaper. Just a note that its my first attempt. Comments anyone? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Psychedelic!

Check out this great tutorial if you want to do more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

excellent :) thanks Gordon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭IamtheKing

The BG is ok but the planets look out of place. The colours are too sharp and don't blend. Other than that, good job!

thanks for the comments :) i wanted to make the planets look more...3D. I used the "Spherize" tool. I'll look through that tutorial and try again later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Looks great, theplanet detail is awesome , maybe the planets could be given an outer glow if you have them on a seperate layer or use the soften tool.

• Advertisement

mmhm i did think of that after i done all the other stuff :) i could put a lens flare behind the planet which would be on another layer yes. i did that on another project and it looked pretty well. i will do that later and see how it turns out.

EDIT: I just put some glow on the corners of each planet and they dont look so flat anymore..will try the lens flare later on and repost it sometime after that.

ok heres the 2nd version, considerable difference its fair to say :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The spotlight is overused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

:) ....

not bad for the boards.ie idiot :) only kidding, fantastic detail on the planet and not too much glow either, i think you got everything close to spot on. Must post my new one later on.

• Advertisement

well, infact i modelled the globe, I 3d rendered it. I didn't use photoshop for it all...
    Thanks tho..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

Shrimp wrote:
    well, infact i modelled the globe, I 3d rendered it. I didn't use photoshop for it all...
    Thanks tho..

did you model the globe or just model a sphere and apply a texture map?

What app?

I dont know what shrimp used but the image is very possible using Blender 3d and bump mapping is built in and can be done with the built in textures. Blander is very powerful tool , Ill post an example in a mo.

I actually modelled the landscape, not a texture map, i just chose different colour shades, etc..

As for the app, I used terragen and modelled the landscape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

terragen is the ****. lovely landscapes in 10 seconds.

yeah, but as you can see, this is not your typical terragen, like normally it's just landscapes. While this i messed with the sky, making it small so that it only came up about as much as the horizon.

heres my latest one i done a few days ago,

deadplanet.jpg

Looks much better than the previous ones :)

Advertisement