Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Avatars

Options
  • 05-06-2005 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Hey boards.ie, i was wondering if it would be possible to get a range of Halo orientated avatars such as master chief heads in a few different colours, or the various alien heads or even various symbols from the game.

Anyone else got any good ideas?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Have you got the images? If you post them here they may be assimilated into the board collective in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

I cant believe in all of boards SEVEN YEARS of existance, noone had thought of this.

Nice one root, any other good ideas from yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I have one or two but i will now proceed to hunt for more. :cool:

I have a few kerry man style ideas but i don't want to insult kerry people. :D

Ok ive found 25 avatars, so if any of the people in charge of the avatars on boards.ie wants them please pm me here or i should be on IRC under the nick Scrapper. :D

(By want i mean for the love of <insert spiritual persons name here> please get them off me cause i want a halo avatar) ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

R0ot wrote:
    i don't want to insult kerry people. :D

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Why?
    Because they've got massive hands like shovels and thick sausage-like fingers to strangle you with.
    Scarey bunch ;)

[edit] Shít, I just insulted them didn't I? *runs for the hills*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Because they've got massive hands like shovels and thick sausage-like fingers to strangle you with.
    Scarey bunch ;)

[edit] Shít, I just insulted them didn't I? *runs for the hills*
    No, I don't. Mores the pity sometimes...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ye the things yours hands could have done!
    shovel hands...wow

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

R0ot wrote:
    Ok ive found 25 avatars, so if any of the people in charge of the avatars on boards.ie wants them please pm me here or i should be on IRC under the nick Scrapper. :D

(By want i mean for the love of <insert spiritual persons name here> please get them off me cause i want a halo avatar) ;)
    P'raps you should upload a zip file containing them somewhere and link them in this thread so one of the admins can insert them at their convenience?

• Advertisement

CuLT wrote:
    P'raps you should upload a zip file containing them somewhere and link them in this thread so one of the admins can insert them at their convenience?

Yeah ill try and get that done now.

Ok here is the link to the archive for any nice admins out there :)http://homepage.eircom.net/~abcess/Halo%20Avatars.rar

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

R0ot wrote:
    Yeah ill try and get that done now.

Ok here is the link to the archive for any nice admins out there :)http://homepage.eircom.net/~abcess/Halo%20Avatars.rar

yes i like the avatars etc..not a much as battle royale though good sig pic!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Not bad, although, they'll need to be resized to 30x30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Could do with some stargate avatars also. Aswell as american football and soccer logo's.

If I was to say get every premiership teams (and nfl's) logo, resize to 30x30 and pack em up for you would they be put in?

Giblet wrote:
    Not bad, although, they'll need to be resized to 30x30

Aright ill get that done today. Ive got so badly sun burnt yesterday, great day but ouch! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

32x32 even.

Would .jpg or .bmp be valid formats cause i have use jpegger cause my photoshop has just packed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

most of the avatars are *.gif i think.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ok, I'm impressed by the determination , if you get me 32x32 .gifs I'll create them for you!

DeV.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

use this to batch resize the images if "jpegger" isn't suitable for the job.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys ill post here when ive finished with them, im such a huge halo fan and i can't wait to get to use the avatars. Thanks again :D

Ok here we are finally, heres the link to the updated .gifs at 32x32. :D
    Moderators do your work.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~abcess/Halo%20Avatars.rar

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ok, I'll ask cloud to Do Magic with these (unless I can work it out before I go to Vegas).

If I forget, poke me.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

DeVore wrote:
    before I go to Vegas
    Put it all on red.

I dont gamble. I only play poker. :)

DeV.

Thanks, i cant believe im going to get to use a halo avatar. :D :cool:

Advertisement