Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sacar Gold: Premier League

• 05-06-2005 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

Just thought some of you might be interested in this. TG4 will be showing classic matches from the Premiership in full this summer. If like me you record matches, might be worth getting a few discs for. Details of a great first programme below:

SPORT: Sacar Gold - Premier League
    Channel: TG4
    Date: Saturday 18th June 2005
    Time: 23:35 to 01:25 (starting in 13 days)
    Duration: 1 hour and 50 minutes.
    A chance to see a classic FA Premier League match from the archives. This week's match features the enthralling match between Liverpool and Newcastle United during the 1996/97 season from a packed Anfield stadium.

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=58187
    Copyright ©1999-2004 GipsyMedia Ltd.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭shelsfan

Was that the 4-3 game when Collymore scored the winner? Or was there another one when Asprilla scored a brilliant goal in a 3-3 draw :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

shelsfan wrote:
    Was that the 4-3 game when Collymore scored the winner? Or was there another one when Asprilla scored a brilliant goal in a 3-3 draw :confused::confused::confused:

They were both 4-3. Should you not be giving out about English football being on tv3 instead of the el or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭shelsfan

Should you not be giving out about English football being on tv3 instead of the el or something?

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle United —10th March, 1997 [Anfield].

It was the second of the two famous clashes. Liverpool started stronger only for Newcastle to claw back to 3-3. Then in injury time...Robbie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Stekelly wrote:
    They were both 4-3. Should you not be giving out about English football being on tv3 instead of the el or something?

Its on TG4 did the "sacar" not give it away?

:D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the best game i ever saw live on television
    i have it somewhere on a dvd that i got free with some magazine
    amazing game
    keegan slumped over the advertising board, priceless

Just a reminder that the series starts next Saturday night.
    By the way, Episode 2 (25-June) will show Spurs 3—5 ManU, 29 Sept 2001.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Shamrok wrote:
    Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle United —10th March, 1997 [Anfield].

It was the second of the two famous clashes. Liverpool started stronger only for Newcastle to claw back to 3-3. Then in injury time...Robbie!

I thought the Collymore one, complete with Keegans reaction, was better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,387 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

CCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLYMORE CLOSING IIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

SO great - the title was on its way to Old Trafford. Great!

The 3-3 game was good, but i think the first 4-3 was one of the best football matches i have ever seen, so exciting.

Show Three:
    SPORT: Sacar Gold - Premier League
    Channel: TG4
    Date: Saturday 2nd July 2005
    Time: 23:05 to 00:55
    Duration: 1 hour and 50 minutes.
    A chance to see a classic FA Premier League match from the archives. This week's match features the enthralling match between Newcastle United and Aston Villa during the 1996/97 season from a packed St. James Park.
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=58187
    Copyright ©1999-2004 GipsyMedia Ltd.

Show one is on tomorrow night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

One of the strangest facts about that 2nd 4-3 game is that Shels Jim Crawford actually played in it!

He only ever made 2 league appearances for Newcastle (both as sub) after leaving Bohs and that 2nd 4-3 thriller just happened to be one of them. Although he was sub he played something like 55mins.

That's certainly something he can tell his grandchildren.

Yeah, I was happy that TG4 had no ads during the match only at half time, but I don't like Peter Brackley commentating. It was so obvious that he was commentating on the match after the final whistle. How many times did he mention Newcastle being "down and out in this game...or are they"??
    Anyway, still great to see and record.

Info on some upcoming shows:

Tonight (20/08):
    Tottenham 4—2 Newcastle [03.12.1994]
    The one with Sheringham's hat-trick.

Next Saturday (27/08):
    Liverpool 2—1 Blackburn Rovs [14.05.1995]
    The day Blackburn win the Premiership.

Saturday 3rd September:
    Man United -VS- Liverpool
    Not sure yet which season this is from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

are they all from the english league ?? i think there are games from spain and international games which would be classics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

jubbly wrote:
    are they all from the english league ?? i think there are games from spain and international games which would be classics

Pats and Bohs 4-3 was on it a while back but they only have rights to Uk and Ire football.

kdjac

Advertisement