Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port forwarding on Eircom Wireless router

• 05-06-2005 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭

I can find any information on Port Forwarding on the eircom Wireless Router (Router Name Netopia Model: 3347NWG)
    The Instructions on the Portwarding website for the 3300 series are different so if anyone has any info for this it would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks
    Pete

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Click "Expert Mode" on the left
    Click yes
    Click "configure" on left
    Click "advanced"
    Click "NAT"
    Click "Define custom service" button
    Select Port Forwarding:Range of Ports
    and Click next.
    Your in :D
    After that I'm lost :o I don't really know how to set port fowarding.
    HTH

BTW your post count is 666 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

If you're on the new firmware from eircom I think you have to set the firewall to low as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

@kaizersoze
    ok ive gone through all that im trying to setup Azureus to port 6881 and there is these options on the netopia "Global Port Range" and "Base Host Port" what should i put in there
    Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Azureus? 6881 for the Base Host Port and 6881 to 6999 for the Global Port Range, AFAIK

Perfect thanks now to see if theres any improvement on speed just out of curiosity do you know the setting for bit comet
    Pete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I'm running Bit Comet on the same router without any port fowarding or pinholes setup at all and it's flying. :D
    Sorry for the idiots guide in my earlier post,I thought you couldn't find it :o

Yea im only really startin with torrents now just trying out different clients cant get any speed from bit comet at all azureus is flying though
    Pete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

Waltons wrote:
    Azureus? 6881 for the Base Host Port and 6881 to 6999 for the Global Port Range, AFAIK
    for a program that requires 1 port open your recommending opening how many?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

1 port for each torrent you are currently using, i would open 2-3 at the most, nothing as crazy as that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

on azureues its just 1 port for all torrents.
    most other clients require 1 per torrent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement