Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no study

Options
  • 05-06-2005 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

i havent done any study yet at all, anybody else in the same position??
    iv tried but whenever i go to do it i fall asleep, doesnt matter wat time of day it is!

Comments

Tip 1: Turn off your pc.

Tip 2: Go to a room without any comfortable furniture, i.e the kitchen, and study

Tip 3: Drink coffee or eat an apple or two.

Tip 4: Remember this - If you don't get over 350 points, I'm going to kill you.....very slowly.

Now GET TO STUDYING!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

bek wrote:
    i havent done any study yet at all, anybody else in the same position??
    iv tried but whenever i go to do it i fall asleep, doesnt matter wat time of day it is!
    Kitchen chairs are good... now GO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭deek

Hmm was startin to panic...feel better now thanx bek :)

Oh yeah sorry (forgot) GO STUDY! Grrrr..... Angry.....points....death-threats..

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

me neither. didnt study for mocks though and got 415. so some last minute study should yield even better results - all things being equal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bek

Tip 1: Turn off your pc.

Tip 2: Go to a room without any comfortable furniture, i.e the kitchen, and study

Tip 3: Drink coffee or eat an apple or two.

Tip 4: Remember this - If you don't get over 350 points, I'm going to kill you.....very slowly.

Now GET TO STUDYING!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i dont like apples....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

LOUD MUSIC AND COFFEE

If you can't study with music on, just listen during your breaks to keep you awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I done study a month ago, back when i was stressed. Have it all forgotten now, so much for that. Now i havn't been calmer about life ever. I don't know what is wrong, the further i get to wednesday the calmer I am and the less i study. What the hell is wrong with me. I was 10 times more stressed when i was doing my pres.

bek wrote:
    but i dont like apples....

Would you prefer a slow, plainful death then?

Jut remember tip 4, and you won't stop studying.

i got high points in the mocks too but its jus so hard, i fell asleep on my kitchen table earlier even with system playing rly damn loud...i think i have a problem :p

• Advertisement

Webmonkey wrote:
    the further i get to wednesday the calmer I am and the less i study.

Ah yes but with grammer like yours why worry about english exams :p

Would you prefer a slow, plainful death then?

Jut remember tip 4, and you won't stop studying.

gotta find me first

Oh I'll find you.

I always do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭trishemurphy

monkey i'm the exact same i don't gave a crap anymore and i'm addicted to this god damn thing stupid thing i'll fail my leaving because of this or else i'll fluke it if the predictions are right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

bek wrote:
    i think i have a problem :p

At least you sum yourself up pretty well :D

Oh I'll find you.

I always do.

Scary but not as much as HL Chemistry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I have found that most of the time I can't bring myself to study, I'm doing the leaving from home with no help, I bought all the exam papers at the start of the year but I've barely used them. I can't use the history papers, although I like history and going by past experience I probably won't do too badly in it I just can't sit down and do the papers. I like reading so I tend to just read my books over and over again and it sort of works, time will tell I suppose.

In the last few days I've been studying nothing but maths which is one of if not my worst subject and I've found that I'm remembering more of the stuff now then when I was in school, so maybe panic helps the memory.

kinda in the same situation, iv bn doing it from home 4 the last 8 mts or so after some horrible situations in school, iv taught myself more at home but stil kinda 6 mts behind

bek wrote:
    kinda in the same situation, iv bn doing it from home 4 the last 8 mts or so after some horrible situations in school, iv taught myself more at home but stil kinda 6 mts behind

I've been studying two new subjects by myself. Economics and geography, geography's fairly easy, if I can focus on social geography I should do pretty week. Economics I'm sort of ****e at but if I'm able to concentrate more on Macro stuff I won't fail.

I've also had to do the equivalent of a year and a half's worth of maths by my lonesome.

GDM wrote:
    I've also had to do the equivalent of a year and a half's worth of maths by my lonesome.

oh dont get me started on maths, had to teach myself the whole maths, chemistry n biology course!

• Advertisement

bek wrote:
    oh dont get me started on maths, had to teach myself the whole maths, chemistry n biology course!

I did chemistry for a year in school but dropped it when I left because it just boggled me. I'm not bad at biology, I'm not good at it either but I'll do ok.

well good luck, we're all screwed :)

bek wrote:
    well good luck, we're all screwed :)

Indeed we are. Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

i cant get myself motivated either, the total of my study today was learn half an irish essay!!and i keep think that its starting wednesday while im watching tv or summit, and youd expect me to get up off my arse but i just cant!!!ive resigned to accepting my 4th cao choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

what do you mean you're screwed? you've been learnin this stuff for two years so i'm pretty sure youve been doin a good bit of work.

if you're not studyin at this stage well.... thats pretty strange alright but my view on things is we'll all get what we deserve and make the best of it

what do you mean you're screwed? you've been learnin this stuff for two years so i'm pretty sure youve been doin a good bit of work.

if you're not studyin at this stage well.... thats pretty strange alright but my view on things is we'll all get what we deserve and make the best of it

Remember you can study something for quite a while and not be able for it, I think you have to (a) understand what you study (b) like what you study (c) have a knack for the subject. If you have one or more of these qualities then you're good but if not then studying something even for two years won't yeild good results.
    I can read a novel or a story (Of Mice and Men) once and I remember it in great detail but a subject like maths is another story completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rasher_b2

deek wrote:
    Ah yes but with grammer like yours why worry about english exams :p

Grammar*

Sorry, it had to be done. :p

I can't seem to study much either. I was doing a lot more study about two weeks ago than I am now. All i managed to do today was to go over my comparative and do some maths. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 unak

im at a loss.....i have done the minimum for english esp Hamlet. i know Claudius well but thats about it. anybody got any good notes on mayb the theme of revenge or something likely like that. i have this fear of a blank page staring at me with no info in my head.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

me neither. didnt study for mocks though and got 415. so some last minute study should yield even better results - all things being equal.

you dont get 415 without study.fullstop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

try the hamlet thread it would be a good place to start

Advertisement