Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no study

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭deek

rasher_b2 wrote:
    Grammar*

For shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

just study what u can. dont cram near the end.
    youll be fine. i didnt study for like 3 years :-) didnt even study at all in the end.
    and i came out ok.
    youll be surprised what you actually know when you sit the exams.
    just dont go in all worried and panicing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

TimAy wrote:
    you dont get 415 without study.fullstop

Yeah you do, I got 450.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

Yeah you do, I got 450.

please stop the bull**** now.

Yeah you do, I got 450.

And I got 540, but I admit that I did study some quotes for English.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

just before people start getting really pissed off, if you did do well "without study" id advise you not to broadcast it cos some people wont do as well as that with study and dont want to hear about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I didnt study and I got an almighty 75 points. 65 from english I might add.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭trishemurphy

to be honest i don't think mocks say much they give YOU an indication of the amount of time you have but as for results you have teachers who are still doing a full time job probably correcting them in front of corrie (which is rubbish) at night after school and they couldn't really give a crap about them since there is no supervising examiner and they just want the extra money (especially the students that correct) its not much of an indication and its possible to go down in the mocks those of you that got 540 so don't relax too much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

so you all got 410+ without ever opening a book? Only learning some quotes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

I did no study for my mocks and got 110 points, I don't know how you guys got what you did!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

deek wrote:
    Ah yes but with grammer like yours why worry about english exams :p
    oh yes...the Closer i get to domesday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

TimAy wrote:
    so you all got 410+ without ever opening a book? Only learning some quotes?

I looked over a little bit of each subject the night before, got 485. I really don't see what the big deal is.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I need 300 points. I'm highly intellegent and handy enough my course was low points. But I think i slacked of too much. But I got roughly 240-260 in mocks with no study and ive done a little more. Now I'm cramming night before, the way i usually work, and do well in so....i hope for the bst.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

T.Y was the death of me, I liked all my subjects and worked at them before I did t.y, then I got lazy and everything went to ****. All I can do now is hope I remember stuff on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I failed 3 subjects in the JC, so not much has changed for me really!! I never got into the whole doing work thing, it just never existed in my brain! Basically, im fooked in most subjects!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Negativity will get you nowhere :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SineadSligo

Im just lazy.
    Ive always been lazy.
    in my junior cert I didnt do a tap of study, not even before the exams, and id leave them as soon as I seen my friends leave them.
    I still managed to get an average of B - C in all my results.

HOWEVER.
    I AM DEAD for the leavin cert.
    I only started studying on Friday, and managed to learn 7 of Dickinsons poems off by heart.
    But for every other subject and every other poet... im screwed.

I really wish now that Id actualy done some study.
    Im dead.

:-(
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Im just lazy.
    Ive always been lazy.
    in my junior cert I didnt do a tap of study, not even before the exams, and id leave them as soon as I seen my friends leave them.
    Haha, i remember doing that. I also raced with one guy for a few tests to see who could get out first! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SineadSligo

We done something like that for Religion!! haha

I went up with my paper with only 25minutes gone and the bitch made me go and sit back down!
    THE SHAME!

But I went up when the full half hour was done,and still managed a "b"!!
    haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

I need 300 points. I'm highly intellegent and handy enough my course was low points. But I think i slacked of too much. But I got roughly 240-260 in mocks with no study and ive done a little more. Now I'm cramming night before, the way i usually work, and do well in so....i hope for the bst.

Personally I don't see how 240 points indicates hyper intelligence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

marclar wrote:

True that homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

marclar wrote:
    In fairness, there are some really intelligent people out there who are just incredibly lazy! And we all know the LC doesn't exactly measure intelligence very accurately...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

In fairness, there are some really intelligent people out there who are just incredibly lazy!

Me

Advertisement