Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying boss in a FF game?

Options
  • 05-06-2005 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭

for me it's the robot-crane-thing boss in the junon underwater reactor in VII.
    makes my blood boil just thinking about him!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Most likely Penance and any boss that uses status ailments as its primary assault but specifically Penance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

oh didn't think of him but at least you could avoid him if you wanted

Oh, the most annoying mandatory boss then, let me see. Only one that comes to mind is one who keept using annoying status ailments in X-2 i think it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Too many really , each game has its oown. Long drawn out boring one with no events usually but that kinda obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Seymour in the mountain pass in FFX was horrible. Took so many attempts.

Thats really it as far as mandatory bosses go. I died a coulpe of times against the Wall demon thingy that you fight to get out of the temple of the ancients in FFVII but other than that I don't think there's been any other bosses that have taken more than two attempts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

For some reason i had serious trouble beating that undead fireboss in VII. i don't kno why.

However after i'd beaten him once twas easy

I decided the quickest way to beat that fella was
    throw an X-potion at him
    instead of all the possesing business you have to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Evrae above Bevelle in FF10 was annoying...

as well as any fights against malboro's

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

I can't remember which one exactly, but I remember finding one or two of the bosses you had to fight with just Yuffie in the Wutai tower being pretty tough, especially if you had a weak Yuffie.

Her father was easy, maybe the second last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

By far the MOST annying and aggravating boss for me was Ruby Weapon in FFVII ... such a PITA to finally kill after god knows how many attempts .. oh and Omega Weapon in FF8 was a tad annoying also, as was Edea when she merged with the GF.

• Advertisement

Edea when she merged with the GF.
    That'd be Ultimecia, you fight her, then Griever, then her and Griever as one and then... True Ultimecia with the blue boobies and the corpse-for-legs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have a few:

All the dark aeons from FFX. They got in the way when you were backtracking, bloody annoying.

Sephiroth and Zeromus for the same reason, a ridiculously high difficulty spike for the final boss. I could probably mention the final boss from FFX as well.

Last boss of FFIX: Totally random if you beat him. Unless you had ridiculously high levels if you were unlucky this cheating swine could paste you quite easily with his two moves in a row cheating.

Ultimecia. Another huge difficulty spike for a last boss but I refused to level up for her. I had to use really dirty tactics to beat her (triple then shell, protect regen and then triple meteor all the way). What resulted was an epic boss fight that lasted almost 2 hours.

I dont think I know of any of these spikes. I just took a small amount of time now and again when the Ap was good and leveled maybe just over 5 levels. These spikes you talk of are not in anyway the games fault , you just clearly are expecting an easy ride without training , which if you got , then the game would simply be a walkover.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I dont think I know of any of these spikes. I just took a small amount of time now and again when the Ap was good and leveled maybe just over 5 levels. These spikes you talk of are not in anyway the games fault , you just clearly are expecting an easy ride without training , which if you got , then the game would simply be a walkover.

Well I never level up in RPGs unless I absolutely need too. Levelling up is just a cheap method of character developement. It's annoying when you can annihilate all the bosses in the game up to a ridiculously hard end of game boss. This only seems to happen in the FF games and probably Xenosaga.

Take Suikoden 2 as an example of how it should be done. After 5 fights in a new dungeon you will reach the level limit of the dungeon and get bugger all experience from fighting. When you get to the next dungeon there is another jump in levels. RPGs really don't have to be challenging at all. Panzer Dragoon Saga is proof. It's a game that I beat and died once on my first go. This didn't stop it from being one of the best games I've ever played. The fact of the matter is that running around a dungeon I've already played getting into random battles with the same monsters isn't fun. I enjoyed every boss fight other than the last boss of FFX. They were very tough but beatable with the right strategy. I didn't have to need to level up for any of them except the last boss.

The king of difficulty spike has to be final fantasy origins, every bloody new dungeon required levelling up.

I actually found the dark aeons to be quite a nice challenge, except for Shiva and the Magus Sisters, they were bent.

God-damn magus sisters , one would be quite enough. Shame they coulnt be that good when fighting with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

grimloch wrote:
    I decided the quickest way to beat that fella was
    throw an X-potion at him
    instead of all the possesing business you have to deal with.
    A
    phenoix down
    i believe it was as he was already dead

By far the MOST annying and aggravating boss for me was Ruby Weapon in FFVII ... such a PITA to finally kill after god knows how many attempts ..
    But if it was after Emerald and the MASTER MATERIAs they made it much easier

A
    phenoix down
    i believe it was as he was already dead

No, definately an x-potion unless we're talking about something else.

You're right about the master materias and Ruby, a nice infinite casts of Knights to be availed of. Really made that otherwise horrible fight so much nicer.

I remeber a new one!
    the boss at the start of disc four in VIII
    Was too weak to beat her but i couldn't find anywhere to level up.
    Had to satrt all over again.
    Got bored before i reached that part

I remeber a new one!
    the boss at the start of disc four in VIII
    Was too weak to beat her but i couldn't find anywhere to level up.
    Had to satrt all over again.
    Got bored before i reached that part
    Adel? with tactics she wasnt too hard... Regen on Rinoa and just lay into her with all the ingle target attacks you have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

Most annoying boss? Sephiroth, not cos he was the hardest, just besause I had to give the disc back to my friend the next day. I reached him that night and gave him a couple of goes before mum took out the lead.Now I can never truly say I finished FFVII

Rhyme wrote:
    Adel? with tactics she wasnt too hard... Regen on Rinoa and just lay into her with all the ingle target attacks you have.
    trust me. i tried all the major plans. I was just far far too weak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

Ruby WEAPON. It's the only boss in any FF game I havn't beaten, excluding FFIII - V and whatever that PC FF was. It's such a bitch. Even with W-Summon, Mime and I think I had another ace up my sleeve (it's been so long since I've played it), it found some way of beating me. I'm making it my mission this summer to slay 'im.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

trust me. i tried all the major plans. I was just far far too weak

Have you tried also putting Irvine into your group and using an aura spell on him ?? if you have enough good ammo u can own that boss so fast...worked for me all the time.

That undead guy you are talking about with the x-potions definately works better with a pheonix down , kills him in one go but it doesnt always hit , thats what worked for me every time.

Have you tried also putting Irvine into your group and using an aura spell on him ?? if you have enough good ammo u can own that boss so fast...worked for me all the time.
    Also be aware that you can hit Rinoa a bit here and there just not excessively... dont be afraid to give her a slap around with a group attack and then healing her... Regen works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

acri wrote:
    Ruby WEAPON. It's the only boss in any FF game I havn't beaten, excluding FFIII - V and whatever that PC FF was.

What about Omega Weapon from final fantasy VIII.

I agree that Adel was a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

kawaii wrote:
    What about Omega Weapon from final fantasy VIII.

I agree that Adel was a bitch.
    I found Omega much easier than Ruby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Crucifix wrote:
    I found Omega much easier than Ruby.

Really?

How do you beat it?

All those hit points... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

kawaii wrote:
    Really?

How do you beat it?

All those hit points... :eek:
    It's really more about the game than the boss. In FF8 it was so easy to just get Auras and pound the crap out of any enemy.

Advertisement