Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what'll you do when you get your results??????????????????

Options
  • 06-06-2005 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

for me its either

1. smile continuosly for a week while drinkin turbo-g (tuborg) :D
    2. frown and cry continuosly while drinkin dutch gold :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I'm only in fifth atm but when i get my results i believe an excursion to the pub will be in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

I know im going to cry!!! Whether I get it or not!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Back in the day...
    -Opened envelope
    -checked for A1 in maths
    -added up points quickly
    -set face to OMGWTFBBQ570!!!!!
    -went around for the next few weeks with a huge smile on my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I'll probably end up going " ah ****, i knew it".

Get a job and then repeat exams next year, hopefully by then i'll have gotten meself on track and done some study for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Well I'll either be chuffed as hell, or admittedly I'd probably cry if I didn't get enough points. Then again I'm bad at knowing what the future holds, I thought I was gonna end up crying last day of school and that didn't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

well its been confirmed, poetry sucks. what a waste of a night, i could have done history or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

same as stated above.
    went to school. opened the envelope. looked down for A's..
    none. :-) yay added my points and got some decent scores.
    hugged my girlfriend, went to the pub and about 3 weeks later she got pregnant :-)
    no college for me... untill now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm going to open them somewhere where I'll be alone. There's absolutely no WAY I'm going to open them in the corridor with loads of other people around, if I'm alone and they're bad results I'll be able to take it way better.
    But that night I'm gonna go OUT!!! I don't know where, but I'm going to get absolutely LOCKED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭pinkdaisy

probably cry! hehe. but then try and forget about it and enjoy my night out. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

im the same fishie.
    My goal for the summer is to be able to drive down to collect my results in my own car (cant drive yet though!) and once i get them, after ive had a polite forced conversation with the principal, im going off on my own to check them, work out my points about a hundred times in case i get worked up over nothing and then go back to my friends to see how they got on!
    and obviously out that night!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Flamingfud

I can't wait. I turn eighteen on the day we get our results......I'm gonna be DESTRUCTIVE. I've warned my friends to stay away....I'm gonna be a party animal extraordinaire. I have two days of serious drinkin' to get done in a mere few hours. Drinking to celebrate, or commiserate, it doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Ah, im not sure what'll happen when i get the results! Ive yet to even sit the exams,i need some kind of idea as to if ill be dissapionted or ecstatic(is that good/bad english:))! Then when the results day comes around, ill be able to tell what i might get up to that night.

Meh, probably just get locked,tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

I'll be in Salou getting my results, here's hoping they don't ruin the holiday...!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

I haven't decided on what course I want to do so this leaving cert is just a case of me trying my best. I may do it again next year seeing as I probably won't be in college and I reckon I could do better next year without the distraction of rugby. Will still be gatting absolutely hammered when the results come out regardless come on 400+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

well all i know is that tuborg is 7yos for 6 cans and that equals alot of low price beearge to drown anyones sorrows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

I'll be in Salou getting my results, here's hoping they don't ruin the holiday...!

u getting them from the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Yeah, Internet it is, only bad part is waiting til 12!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

Right now i cant wait for the results.

I am as happy as i believe i can be with how i did.
    I dont think i came out of any of the exams thinking I should have done better.
    I tried my hardest (thats a bit of a lie) and I know i will get the results i want but the simple question is will i get the course i want.

Overall I enjoyed the exams. I was nervous before a few especially at the end Chemistry then physics :eek: . but other then that once i got in and did the best I could I felt great. I think I did great for me. No 600's but I am going for a 300 to 330. My course was 220 last year so hopefully!!!

When I get my results . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

LOCKED!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭7thSeal

I'm bringing a bottle of vodi down with me when I get them
    I'll either need to celebrate and get completly **** faced
    Or drown my sorrows and get completly **** faced

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Do what i did for the jc...get a big bottle of jaigermeister and go crazy....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭BraveheartGal

well theres not a hope in hell ill sleep the night before
    so the night before ill prob wander around the house half naked drinkin tea while muttering to myself, tryin to predict what i got
    by 8am ill be sittin in a cold sweat clutchin the arms of the chair (like fr.ted when he gave up the fags)
    head on into the town in the fathers car, him singin 'he drinks tequila she talks dirty in spanish'
    pondering the usefulness of wipers as a suicidal instrument
    reach school far too early
    nervously congregate in our auld haunt...the lockers
    tellin everyone oh im gonna fail, youll do great!oh i know i failed!what are you talkin about?you did brill! oh im gonna fail!!
    randomly hitting people in tension
    know the principal pretty well but probably punch him if he talks to me when i get my results
    all intentions of openin it in an isolated area on my own will be thrown out the window, ill tear up the envelope (inevitably tearin a piece of the results)
    and glare at my results,unable to see em cosmy eyes will be all misty, after a few minutes itll come into focus
    and ill scream out BO***X and the like
    use my phones calculator bout a million times until the mother phones me and i attempt to converse with her,but im being manhandled by my classmates checkin my results,
    then tell all those that arent happy that they did grand

then go out that night
    get blocked
    fall asleep after 20 minutes
    get up the mornin after in a dumpster,
    look around for my results.....look again....look once more....give up....go to sleep again
    anti-climax mór nach é?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

i can't say what i'll do. Depends on what i get. Plans to open the envelope in a secluded area will be tarnished by someone running up to u and ripping it out of your hand, passing some unwanted comment.

Prob just open it there and then. I won't be shouting out what i got. I don't think i'll be too nervous. Theres no point really, its already decided if your getting your course, its only a matter of time to find out. THe time for nerves was 2 weeks ago. I really think i'm cutting it tight. I'd say i'll be able to judge by glancing at the subjects whether i get my course or not (also pending on Cao)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I'm planning on opening and looking at all my results whilst I jump off a 40ft cliff in Connemara somewhere. Whether I resurface or not will depend on the results.

If anyone tries ripping the envelope out of my hand I will kick them. Hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I had my first results-day dream last night - it was weird! The results sheet was all disorganised, and I had done Russian - and Chemistry - and the results all had comments next to them like "Well done" or, more commonly, "Question X Part Y was horrendous" and such. Didn't even have actual grades on it... weirdness.

And I'm not even finished the bloody thing yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Ye mean ye get to open them yerselves? Well way it is in our school is our principal welcomes us into the STAFFROOM and then opens , adds, congratulates and out the emergency exit you go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭7thSeal

Thats just fcuked up right there

Webmonkey wrote:
    Ye mean ye get to open them yerselves? Well way it is in our school is our principal welcomes us into the STAFFROOM and then opens , adds, congratulates and out the emergency exit you go
    What? Uggghhh I would DIE if I had to get my results from my principal! We were handed our junior cert results in envelopes, as far as I know it is the same for leaving cert results in my school

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

It's in the Gym he opens the JC's

• Advertisement

That's kinda mean though, isn't it?

Advertisement