Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheres the worst restaurant /eaterie in Dublin

• 06-06-2005 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Wheres the worst place you have been to in Dublin for eats recently,all contenders for The Hall of Shame can include pubs,restaurants,coffee shops etc Ta !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭kstanl

Tiger Becs on Dawson Street. The worst service I've ever experienced in a restaurant (we were sat at a "romantic" table in the middle of the bar and had to put up with a load of noisy, drunken fools beside our table and even interrupting us). We asked to be moved the minute we were seated and the manager not just refused our request but was VERY rude too. Food was average to good and way overpriced. Don't go there.

Worst boozer - D2 on Harcourt Street. I was at the bar for at least 20 minutes and was completely ignored by the barmen in favour of new additions to the queue (who happened to have big tits). I got the attention of one of the barstaff and said, politely, "Excuse me. I've been waiting here for over 20 minutes and everyone's been getting served ahead of me. Is there any chance I could get served?". He responded with a "Well I'm not serving you here now, get lost and go to the other bar". At this stage I felt a big "F**K YOU!" was quite appropriate and walked away. I was approached by another barman and a doorman who wanted a "word" with me outside. I explained that they needn't bother, I was leaving... after having paid a tenner in 30 minutes prior. The place was packed, full of ignorant and aggressive little scumbags, smelt like a toilet and had no air conditioning (it's in a basement) so I was happy to leave. Don't go there either.

Ah, nice to get that off my chest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tad

Thanks for the reply,just goes to show the type of diservice and abuse we have to put up with on a regular basis for just being a customer in rip - off ireland.To be honest with you we have only ourselves to blame for accepting this type of treatment ,whatever happened to the ethos " the customer is king " in the hospitality trade ,only a memory of better treatment outside of our green isle while on holidays.In fact our willingness to put up with this mickey mouse approach by most of these operators gives them a free hand to treat us as though they are doing us a favour by fleecing us on a continual basis for below average fare.VOTE WITH YOUR FEET FOLKS!!!!! if you are not happy let them know and take your hard earned euros elsewere,Surley there has to be establishments out there that want to look after us punters and I dont mean kiss our ass,but respect our custom and give us what we deserve ,good food,good service, reasonable drink prices and RESPECT.!!!!!!! We all wait in hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

That D2 place is pretty bad alright. I ended up in there about 2 months ago. The floor in there is unbelievably sticky. And although I can't say I had any problem with the Bar staff being rude, they certainly didn't seem to be very good at thier job. I ordered a round and the bar man served me and then went on to serve others, it took me ages to get his attention again so I could pay him as he seemed to have forgotten... I was very close to walking away as it took him so long to get back to me.

As for bad restaurants. I can't stand the 101 on Talbot street... although for some reason a lot of people rate it highly.. I've found the staff to be horribly rude in there and they can't even get simple orders right.

Captain America's is pretty terrible as well.. but this is probably mostly down to them not having enough staff for such a busy restaurant. But one time they brought a Bacardi and Coke instead of a diet coke for an 8 year old.. and they brought another bacardi and coke back in it's place after the first one was sent back.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Its closed down at the moment but Kingsland chinese on Dame St... KIP Went in one night starving, they put us down in what I can only describe as a dungeon with dim lighting and about 10 tables squashed together... The food was disgusting and the portions were tiny.. we both came away feeling hungry and ripped off... Never again, I hope it stays closed... :mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I should also add, when I said dim lighting I didnt mean romantic or ambient, it was just dingy and dirty... KIP KIP KIP :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 dossininwork

Wollenskys in Temple bar has to be th eworse restaurant of all time. When we got our food we couldnt eat it, it tasted that bad. this is dealing with 3 dustbins who will eat anything! The waitstaff were so rude we got our coats and left. Never ever again.

xzanti wrote:
    Its closed down at the moment but Kingsland chinese on Dame St... KIP

Haha. Yeah, I was there with a friend who was over from London about 2 years ago. I ordered some kind of prawn dish... the prawns weren't cooked properly so I had to send them back (you know... so I didn't like, DIE). The same prawns came back to the table about 60 seconds later. I ate my rice and some of my mates chicken (which was cooked but fooking horrible). We left. Never to go back again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Frere Jaques in dame street.The portions of food were absoulutely miniscule,nouvelle quisine style junk,no potatos,no chips,no salad NOTHING on the side and the price was outrageous.In addition the staff were arrogant,rude and patronising,an appalling way to be treated.
    Buswell's hotel,(near the dail somewhere)charge 18 euro for a thin peice of steak and pepper sauce out of a packet accompanied by frozen chips.18 quid!The net value of the ingredients could not have been more than 2 euro,disgracefull,a compleet rip-off.

Pubs?There's too bloody many of them but i'll say no4 dame lane.You're made to wait for hours to get in,you're charged the earth for drinks,you're ingnored if you stand at the wrong part of the bar and its full of pretentious,stuck up twats.

Special mentiohn for Fagan's in drumcondra.THE STAFF ARE A BUNCH OF SURLY,SOUR FACED,MISERABLE,DOUR,UNSMILING,IMPOLITE,GRUNTING,RUDE people who have NO business whatsover working in the service industry.Check out dublinpubscene.com for comments on the place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

kstanl wrote:
    I was at the bar for at least 20 minutes and was completely ignored by the barmen in favour of new additions to the queue (who happened to have big tits)
    Same happened to me in so-sumi (sp?) There was a guy beside me who had been there longer and was going mental, We were right in front of the taps so I slipped my glass under, and then flicked the tap when nobody was looking. Most pubs like that have pints on the go like that, so a few barmen saw it filling but said nothing. I stopped it then, one barman saw but thought I was just helping out another barman as I looked down and called another bar man as though it was my pint. It was mine! nicest one I had.
    Went back and got another and saw the other guy and his mate doing the same trick, cheeky bastards had guinness settling for themselves!

Degsy wrote:
    Pubs?There's too bloody many of them but i'll say no4 dame lane.You're made to wait for hours to get in,you're charged the earth for drinks,you're ingnored if you stand at the wrong part of the bar and its full of pretentious,stuck up twats.

I'll second that. I HATE that place. The most stuck-up, rude, pretentious bunch of nobs you've ever met (despite the fact they're mostly losers who work for Toni & Guy and come from skangersville). And it takes about 20 minuntes to get served. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Does anyone drink downstairs in bruxelles?Do you know the long haired dwarf who thinks he's God's gift to humanity who works behind the bar?I'd love to tie the long hair on his head to the short hair on his arse and kick him up the street.

Advertisement