Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car parts for Colt

Options
  • 06-06-2005 2:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

anybody know where i could fine custom parts for a '93 Mitsubishi Colt?? ...Lexus lights for example , ...i have never seen a colt with them and its a pretty popular car.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

1. dont put lexus lights on it....they will look crap*
    2. try ebay if you must

as far as i know, no-one makes lexus style lights for the colt. the people at racershaven.com could steer you in the right direction on this.

*this is my opinion and I am entitled to it...please don't attack me for daring to say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

one of the harder cars to get mod parts for, but I will direct your attention to
    here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Please don't do it. You can't put a top hat on a tinker, it just doesn't work. So many people mod those old cheap colts and it just looks tacky.

In comparison to other cars a modded colt is pretty rare

Where are you living? Craggy Island? There's loads of them around dublin and they all look crap. And as for Lexus lights, they went out some time last year. Common as muck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Have to agree with Con9903... I have a Colt myself so I pay special attention when I see one - and living both in Leixlip and in Cork, I've seen plenty about, but very rarely modded.

We are talking about the old roundy one aren't we? Not the later nice looking one and not a really old one. How have you guys not seen them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

You are right... he is talking about the old roundy pre-1996 one... I was thinking of the 96+ one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

to be honest , i myself think lexus lights look tacky. I was just using them as an example as they seem to be made for almost all cars (from citroen C3 to VW passats) but none for the goddam colt. Some L.e.d lights would be nice but that aint gonna happen. But generally speaking , whats with the lack of parts for such a relativley popular jap car?!?!?! its beyond me.

PlayaFlow wrote:
    to be honest , i myself think lexus lights look tacky. I was just using them as an example as they seem to be made for almost all cars (from citroen C3 to VW passats) but none for the goddam colt. Some L.e.d lights would be nice but that aint gonna happen. But generally speaking , whats with the lack of parts for such a relativley popular jap car?!?!?! its beyond me.

Its not a common car to modify...though this isn't necessarily a bad thing as it's a great excuse to do everything cutom. Apart from the lights what other modifications have you in mind?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

selling it and buying an FTO :D

Maybe slightly out of budget. I mean he is putting lexus lights on a car worth about €600.

PlayaFlow wrote:
    selling it and buying an FTO :D

A much better choice altogether. :cool:

FX Meister wrote:
    Where are you living? Craggy Island? There's loads of them around dublin and they all look crap. And as for Lexus lights, they went out some time last year. Common as muck

Nah I live in the midlands. Modded mitsu colts ARE rare in comparison to other modded cars you would see. Count the number of modded cars you see in one. You will more corsa, civics and many others than colts

Advertisement