Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full Metal Alchemist

Options
  • 06-06-2005 5:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

yeah,
    It rocks my socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

Full Metal Alchemist totally rules. I've been downloading the eppisodes for a while now, and I'm deeply inlove with it. The characters are great, the storyline is great, and Alphonse's voice is so cute! ^^ He kinda scared me for a while though, and at the start I thought he was a girl... Oh well. You should watch it. It's great. ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Watched the first 10 episodes and its a damn fine piece of work, ive abstained from anime for a long while and this was my return, and a great one too. Its got some well placed humour and a lot of serious stuff too... eviseral.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Yep, this one is definitely a keeper. It's got everything! Comedy, action, great characters and a really great storyline. :) GET IT and watch all of it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Yeah buy the series - it is worth it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Full Metal Alchemist is on my "To do List" just after Samurai Champloo, so hopefully I'll get around to seeing it soon. Really looking forward to it.

But it's not long enough... I'm on eppisode 47 and I think I'm gonna cry! >.< Only four more eppisodes... I wanna see the movie and get the games... Does anyone know when that one is coming out over here or if it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

It's the first anime/manga series I've ever watched....and I love it! I'm totally hooked, its bloody amazing, and I'm only on episode 10 of 51!

Since I'm new to this, can anyone recommend me any other tv series that are in the same quality and style of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Graki_Khan

Full Metal Alchemist is really good and definitely worth watching. It was the first anime series in a while which had me sitting in my room alone watching at least 8 eps on the trot, daily. (Thats after college and before work).

The story is really good. The characters are really good. Very likable, quirky, consistant and most importatnly, believeable. The OST is fantastic. I have it dloaded and listen to it a lot, even tho I'm not a big fan of OST's usually. The animation is pretty good. It get's better as the series progresses.

The only down point is the ending of the series. First there was an FMA manga and then there was an animated series. As the series was being animated, they basically copied the manga. Around episode 40something the anime had caught up to the manga. Hence it's around that point where the story goes slightly ****ways and terribly terribly rushed.

The end of the series was the only down point for me, but taken with all of the other good points - FMA is still a fantastic series.

There's a FMA reflections "episode" out that is basically a recap of everything that happened in the 51eps. Haven't watched that yet tho.

Can't wait till the film comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Yeah Im looking forward to the film :)

The ending of the series I thought was so well done! Not going to go into reasons due to spoilers ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Manga-paddy

I've only seen the first 2 eps but I really liked what I saw. I thought the idea of having a series about the adventures of 2 travelling alchemists was a bit dodgey but it's rather cool indeed. The idea of turning his metal arm into a sword is clever.
    Def one to look out for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Right, just watched the entire thing over the last 3 days, and all I can say is "Wow!"

I was utterly gripped, no doubt about it. There were times when I thought it wasn't really going anywhere, and some definetly WTF moments, but altogether it's certainly one of the best Animes I've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

Right, just watched the entire thing over the last 3 days, and all I can say is "Wow!"

I was utterly gripped, no doubt about it. There were times when I thought it wasn't really going anywhere, and some definetly WTF moments, but altogether it's certainly one of the best Animes I've seen.

Have to agree with you, one of the best anime I've watched. Some episodes are kinda boring or useless but mainly because they're "fillers". Manga wasn't even far out when the serie went out, even characters are actually different, Wrath for example is not Wrath in the serie (no spoiler on this one :) ) ... but still overall great with an ending which I actually loved for once :D Can't wait for the movie to be released so we will have a conclusion!!!!! To sad we won't have the chance of having it in the cinema here :(

Does anyone know if the Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Curse of the crimson elixer game is coming out over there? I've been asking around in Game and stuff but they've never heard of it. I want that game! >.<' And when's the movie coming out?

Advertisement