Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Legend Hero Roy Keane issues rallying call to crestfallen team-mates

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

if only keane was on the pitch in the away match against israel, when we went 1-0 up if keane was on the pitch we definitly would of won that match.

oh wait..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Whats with the fighting.

Can anyone honestly hand on heart say Keane is not the best center midfielder Ireland have?

Like him or not he IS the best we have for the middle of the park, and obviously following logic, we would Probably (NOT DEFINATELY) have done better in that area (especially given the way the midfielders played - kilbane get out of football pelease, holland did nothing, kavanagh didn't know what was going on).

Obviously we'd have had a better chance of keeping the lead if he was there - he's a world class Defensive Midfielder. Not saying it would have worked out like that, noone can say that, but it would have helped. - Whats the fighting about?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

mr_angry wrote:
    By the sounds of things, he's been involved in most of the situations where Ireland have lost significant leads. Way to back up your point.

Actually he wasn,t involved at all when we couldn't get out of a piss poor group for Euro 2004. Go Figure.
    mr_angry wrote:
    Come to think of it, what actually is wrong with Roy Keane at the moment? He seemed to manage 120+ minutes in the FA Cup final for Manchester United. He didn't look injured at the end. How many games has he played since then? Zero, I would assume. Maybe that flight from Cardiff really took it out of him.

LOL Nuff Said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Where is Mr Invisible when you need him ?

He was in the West Stand lower chatting to Steven Carr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

I will just remind you who set up the goal that got us to JAPAN - ROY KEANE. What did Mattie / Mr Invisible Holland do ??

He didnt do a whole pile on Saturday either.. him being one of the more expereinced players yet couldnt put his stamp on the game and slow things down

I will just remind you who set up the goal that got us to JAPAN - ROY KEANE. What did Mattie / Mr Invisible Holland do ??

How do you reckon that goal (I presume you're talking v Holland) got us to Japan? Most people seem to have forgotten that we could have drawn that game 0-0 and still qualified anyway.

But to answer your question Mr.Holland (amongst other things) scored a spectacular goal away to Portugal that indeed secured us a valuable point that had we not taken would almost certainly have messed up our qualification campaign.

Oh, and that's right, Holland also stuck around with the squad in Japan when the tournament commenced. Good old Mr.Visible.

Surely we're not even remotely thinking that Matty Holland (though i do rate him as a fairly decent player at times) is better then Roy Keane?!

They're two totally different players and could well be used playing with each other (would be my choice pairing in the center if holland is on form) but to try and compare them and have holland better is just insane. I can safely say you can give any manager in the premiership the choice between the two for a match and (even at this age) Keane will be picked every time.

Where does it say Holland is a better player?

Pigman II wrote:
    Where does it say Holland is a better player?

oh thats ok then, if you were just defending holland then i agree, think he can be pretty good on his day, given a bit of freedom to attack.

• Advertisement

On another note, does anyone know how Potter is doing with the U-21's? Viewed as great potential for the future by Liverpool..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

~Rebel~ wrote:
    I can safely say you can give any manager in the premiership the choice between the two for a match and (even at this age) Keane will be picked every time.

With the exception of Sunderland I assume. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Pigman II wrote:
    How do you reckon that goal (I presume you're talking v Holland) got us to Japan? Most people seem to have forgotten that we could have drawn that game 0-0 and still qualified anyway.

But to answer your question Mr.Holland (amongst other things) scored a spectacular goal away to Portugal that indeed secured us a valuable point that had we not taken would almost certainly have messed up our qualification campaign.

Oh, and that's right, Holland also stuck around with the squad in Japan when the tournament commenced. Good old Mr.Visible.
    I also seem to remember an important match against The Cameroon.........................

The Muppet wrote:
    With the exception of Sunderland I assume. :D

Hehehe fair point! well 19 out of 20 aint bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

I also seem to remember an important match against The Cameroon.........................

I can also remember that match against Cyprus away from home when a certain someone dragged an irish side kicking and screaming to a 4 nill victory even though the score flattered us. It could well have been another israel

Advertisement