Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switzerland endorses registered gay partnerships.

Options
  • 06-06-2005 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭

http://www.swissinfo.org/sen/swissinfo.html?siteSect=107&sid=5844369&cKey=1117978828000

Naturally, I applaud this decision as a step in the right direction. I however note that gay couples will still not be able to adopt or indeed, as the article notes, have access to fertility treatment. Therefore this result is a step in the right direction as opposed to an end in itself for equal rights for the homosexual community.

Now, to get on to a government somewhat closer to home to do the same thing..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Yep a step in the right direction alright.

(BTW, quite apt that you should post a news story from Switzerland, Swiss)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

swiss wrote:
    Now, to get on to a government somewhat closer to home to do the same thing..

Elect me, and not only will I do that, I'll legalize Marijuana, extend pub opening times to 6AM, outlaw Crazy Frog, and arrest those bastards who love to shove dead baby pictures in everyone's face.

Advertisement