Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DVD Copy question

• 06-06-2005 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

What good programmes are freely available for download to copy my DVD's? I want to make a back up of my collection, can someone point me in the right direction? I know i could easily google, which i have, but i'd like some recommended to me too, so i know i'm getting a decent programme.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

DVDx

Great one, easy to use and fast :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

DVD shrink and DVD decrypter

DVD shrink requires Nero and DVD decrypter just rips but does the new sony rip guard DVD also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

cool, actually, something i've only just realized. What kind of blank discs do you burn them onto? Obviously not normal discs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Depends!

If you want to just back them up as is, as a video file, then on CD-rs or spilt over 2 CD-rs. DivX should fit onto 1 CD-r, mpeg will need 2 most likely.

Or if you want to make an actual playable backup, then dvd-r discs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

mmmm, for some reason my PC isn't recognizing any dvds i put in the drive. One word...... FúCK!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

formatman wrote:
    DVD shrink and DVD decrypter

DVD shrink requires Nero and DVD decrypter just rips but does the new sony rip guard DVD also

DVD Shrink doesn't require Nero. There is a disable option. I use Shrink with DVD Decrypter. Both free and problemless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

was just suggesting Shrink used in comination with Nero as a complete rip and burn solution as I have the best results with this on average

I realise Shrink can be used as a standalone ripper

Advertisement