Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exam attendant

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭fauxshow

My sister thought this would be the same for her but was given a form by the secretary of the school and not by any of the superintendants. All 3 girls ,making the tea, coffee and biscuits, were told to write down their names, addresses, PPS no. and the days (not hours) they are doing all on the one form. I just asked her and even the teacher, who told them who was being an exam attendant and who was making the tea, didn't have any idea of what they were being paid or who was paying them.

Is she doing it this year? Generally, your super intendent pays you on the last day... it's nothing to do with the school or the school's exam secretary, which is presumably the teacher that told them, it's all to do with the SEC. The super intendent will probably give her the form to work out hours etc. on her last day. The form she filled out was probably just something else... I can't remember filling one out, the school exams secretary probably just did it for all the attendant, just official paperwork I presume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Blushingblue

fauxshow wrote: »
    Is she doing it this year? Generally, your super intendent pays you on the last day... it's nothing to do with the school or the school's exam secretary, which is presumably the teacher that told them, it's all to do with the SEC. The super intendent will probably give her the form to work out hours etc. on her last day. The form she filled out was probably just something else... I can't remember filling one out, the school exams secretary probably just did it for all the attendant, just official paperwork I presume.

Yes. She is doing it this year.
    She has no superintendent! She doesn't have an exam room at all. The 2 other girls and her go around to all the exam halls and the few rooms with one student in them that needing a reader.
    She came in Tuesday with 6 other girls, 4 were told they were to sit outside the rooms and the other 3 are making the tea, coffee and biscuits and were to wait there until they could clean it up and then go home.

hmmm well there's probably just more than one super-intendent in the same hall (they have to call it like two separate centres if it's the same room because of number limits etc) so they only need one person sitting outside the room to take people to the toilet, and put the other girls on tea duty... I presume this is what is happening anyway... so I'm sure all the superintendents will sort it out with all the attendants at the end. She should ask one of them what the story is to find out... the SEC have it so that one super intendent is responsible for paying one attendant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Blushingblue

She said all the superintendents that have exam halls have an attendant outside. The students in a room by themselves don't have anyone sitting outside but they are near the kitchen the tea is being made in.
    Every person they ask has no clue what is going on, they just tell her to continue on and do her job. She is a bit worried about it as she is at the school for the morning and afternoon exams and will be there all days exams are happening and she is worried she won't get paid anything! She is a bit shy and thinks it is rude to ask the principal straight out what they are getting paid, but none of the other people she asks knows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Im doing this this year its boring but who cares its easy money :D
    I think im getting around 310, i never got the sheet but the other chap thats doing the leaving cert aswell got it and he calculated it.

• Advertisement

She said all the superintendents that have exam halls have an attendant outside. The students in a room by themselves don't have anyone sitting outside but they are near the kitchen the tea is being made in.
    Every person they ask has no clue what is going on, they just tell her to continue on and do her job. She is a bit worried about it as she is at the school for the morning and afternoon exams and will be there all days exams are happening and she is worried she won't get paid anything! She is a bit shy and thinks it is rude to ask the principal straight out what they are getting paid, but none of the other people she asks knows!

hmm it sounds like the school is just paying them? If she's too shy to ask the principal, probably the deputy, the receptionist or the teacher with the exams secretary post will be able to tell her? If she had to fill out her PPS number on a form I'm sure she'll be paid...

Advertisement