Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virtual credit cards in Ireland

Options
  • 06-06-2005 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a virtual credit card system that can be used from Ireland? That is, you put money on using bank wire or something, and are given a credit card number that can be used on the internet. They have them in some other countries; anyone know of one usable from here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

That one seems to be Final Fantasy specific. I have no need of Final Fantasy ;)

May just end up going for a bona-fide credit card, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

http://top-upclub.ie/

these guys have one,
    you top it up in spar

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

As far as I'm aware it can be used anywhere.

it's associated with VISA.

also did you look at their site.
    www.3v.ie
    Introducing the 3V Voucher™
    Want to book a flight on the Internet, but you don't have a credit card?

Want to buy concert tickets over the phone, but you don't have a Laser debit card?

Need to order clothes from a mail order catalogue, but they don't take cash, only cards?

What do you do? Ask a family member or maybe even a friend...painful or what?

NOT ANY MORE...The Virtual Visa Voucher, or 3V Voucher™, is a disposable 16-digit prepaid VISA debit number which is printed onto a paper receipt from a retailer terminal. The 3V Voucher™ is issued by permanent tsb, one of the largest banks in Ireland, in association with VISA, one of the world's largest payment card schemes, and 3V™ Transaction Services Ltd.

The 3V Voucher™ can be used to shop on the Internet, over the telephone or through mail order in exactly the same way as you would use a credit or laser debit card. The 3V Voucher™ is accepted worldwide on the Internet or for telephone and/or mail order wherever the VISA logo is displayed. It can be used to make any number of transactions up to the monetary value of the 3V Voucher™ purchased, and when the funds are all spent, you just throw it away.

Simple or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

rsynnott wrote:
    That one seems to be Final Fantasy specific. I have no need of Final Fantasy ;)
    No, you can use it for almost anything online. They are talking about final fantasy because it's online only, and you have to pay to play, and some of them might not have cc's, thus it's a convenient way for them to pay, using the Virtual Visa Voucher.

www.3v.ie is what you are looking for.

• Advertisement

Oh, I stand corrected on the first one btw, it seems to be general. Sorry bout that; saw a thing a while ago that was specific to some online role-playing game; thought that was the same thing.

Anyone any idea can this be used with PayPal, btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

rsynnott wrote:
    Anyone any idea can this be used with PayPal, btw?
    I think you can send money and top-up your paypal account with it. But you cannot recieve money back to your card, this can lead to problems like if you get a refund off ebay or whatever. You have to find some way to get your cash back, like give paypal your bank account details and have them send it back that way,

So you can send money one way with 3v, cant recieve. Not even for refunds.

I think you can send money and top-up your paypal account with it. But you cannot recieve money back to your card, this can lead to problems like if you get a refund off ebay or whatever. You have to find some way to get your cash back, like give paypal your bank account details and have them send it back that way,

So you can send money one way with 3v, cant recieve. Not even for refunds.

Yep, cool, I'm not too worried about refunds (will mostly be using to buy virtual server, domains and so on; currently I'm making a fair bit off my web business but finding it difficult to put money back into it).

• Registered Users Posts: 78,431 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I understand AIB customers can get "one time" credit card numbers for use on the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Victor wrote:
    I understand AIB customers can get "one time" credit card numbers for use on the internet.

This virtual generator program links to an AIB Visa card . I have been using Virtual Credit Cards in Ireland for 5 years now :) .

http://www.aib.ie/transactonline

Thanks for all the help with this :) I'll probably go the 3v option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Abrox

plz suggest me any good vircual card for ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Perfect Card was good and perhaps still is but not certain.
    They are available in SC like dundrum etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Entropay

Advertisement