Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Thing

• 06-06-2005 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

hey what does that "crazy Swede" with an semi-automatic sniper's rifle say to those scientists in the begining of the movie? does anyone here speak Norwegian?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

thanks I love this film... and you've brought back a great question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Thank you peachypants!

Searrar, this film is a masterpiece! I love watching it! from beginning to the end, tense! todays movies suck so much :( too much cgi, not scary at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

Searrar, this film is a masterpiece! I love watching it! from beginning to the end, tense! todays movies suck so much too much cgi, not scary at all.

I concurr!

I remember watching the thing on TV years ago wid my bro whan we were 7 or 8
    Staying at a mates pretending we were in bed but he had a TV in his room.
    Lights were out and I tell you, definition of terror!!!!

Horror movies these days are a pure joke 99% of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Its such a classic movie. One of my fav's. Kurt Russel and doggy animatronics, odd looking dead bodies that make you wonder.. you can not go wrong with this movie for a tense film fest. (even the music makes you tense)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

sutty wrote:
    (even the music makes you tense)

Oh yea! in the first scene when you see helicopter show up from far away in antarctica, and 2 notes, dam dam....... dam dam, you know it's going to be something good ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

One of my favourite films, love it <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭juno75

Lets just hope they dont remake the remake.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think the score won or was nominated for a Razzie. I thought it was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Yep it was a great score, films like Jaws or Starwars (Where you first see darth vader) Have scores that stick in your mind and you think only of the film that it came with when you hear it. They always seem to be pretty simple tunes as well. But work wonders for the imagination and add to the over all story of the film

• Advertisement
Advertisement