Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wildlife

Options
  • 06-06-2005 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

Are there any individuals in UCD interested in nature and wildlife? I'm trying to get a group together for field trips etc. My passion is for birds of prey but I am interested in all wildlife. This is also with a view to getting a society established in UCD.

There will, of course, be a social (drinking) aspect...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

I'd be interested, but my thing would be more like, bunnies, or otters, or badgers, hedgerow-esque stuff, something, like visiting bull island or the aran islands, or the burren.

Just as long as its an aprciation thingy and not shooting them.

guns bad.

hunting bad.

But then again I don't think a PETA type thing would be the best idea, as it'll get ppl at the start of the year but then...it'll just drag...something relaxed and informative, and sympathetic to PETA type stuff

Ooo David Attenborough, oo back catalogues of national geographic...hmm eyes glaze over with glee :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

No guns!! I only use binoculars and spotting scope... hedgerow stuff is great. I was watching badgers just 2 weeks ago in Kildare. The Bull is a great asset to us poor Dubs and is also a regular haunt of myself and a few like-minded types from UCD. I'll get back in touch. I already have a few people off Boards interested.

Any more for the nature watch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Now thats fu(king evil.

boooo zane

So all of you animal lovers. I bet you all kill spiders and insects and all that crap but its not alright to kill a fox who kills loads of other animals and pigeons who kill loads of worms..... it all goes on and on and on and on and on. I bet you all eat meat from dead cows and chicken from dead chickens aswelll...... FUGGIN' HYPROCRITES. Survival is the name of the game folks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Survival is the name of the game folks.

Really Zane?

Well, if you insist.

*loads his Glock*
    auroraSGlock.jpg

You going to the boards meet? ;)

Oh, your sisters wedding. Makes it easier. Fish in a barrel. ;);)

We're having a barbie, human steaks anyone? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

yeah I'd be interested in something like this
    birds of prey really interest me, but so does most Irish wildlife so I'd definitely be interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Actually, yeah, I'd better stay on topic (and ease off on threats of actual bodily harm :D)

I'd be interested too, especially if there was a photography tie in (that way we can 'shoot' animals).
    The photography society was useless this year. Other than a snazzy mambership card, 1 email and a bad cup of coffee I've heard nothing from them all year.

The trips down the country (can we camp in tents on the beach? pleeeease?) sound like a winner too.

kasintahan wrote:
    Really Zane?

Well, if you insist.

*loads his Glock*
    auroraSGlock.jpg

You going to the boards meet? ;)

Oh, your sisters wedding. Makes it easier. Fish in a barrel. ;);)

We're having a barbie, human steaks anyone? :D

I'm not going to the Boards meet. Where did you get that one from???

BTW what a frickin' gun!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!

Now alot of you think I don't have an animal loving side to me (no I'm not a member of that animal loving group who Puff Daddy gunned down in South park) but I can assure you I do.

fox_hunting.jpg

This is my puppy Timothy. Ah he's cute isn't he. The other day I decided to teach Timothy some new tricks. I found an Arts student and thought Timoithy numerous new skills. Didn't Timothy learn fast! :D

So all of you animal lovers. I bet you all kill spiders and insects and all that crap but its not alright to kill a fox who kills loads of other animals and pigeons who kill loads of worms..... it all goes on and on and on and on and on. I bet you all eat meat from dead cows and chicken from dead chickens aswelll...... FUGGIN' HYPROCRITES. Survival is the name of the game folks.

Well if people ate chicken from live chickens...then I'd be worried. As for spiders, they're lucky, y the fu(k would i kill one of them...?

Ooooo camping, ooo that sounds like lots and lots of fun...smelly but fun :) oo marshmallows...hmm melted gooey goodness...hmm

So any plans for setting up the soc...I'd be willing to give u a hand if you like..however I'll only b in the country for the next 2 weeks ( eeep, gets scard as realises the proximity of the impending event, ching-ching-ching-ching) and then i'll be gone for a month, but I'm willing to help..

• Advertisement

Zane... your sick... but I do sick too!! I'll get back to you all with a few ideas for days in the field in a while. Meantimes, who was watching Bill Oddy and his summer watch? Those London peregrines? I know of three sites in Dublin where they are nesting!!

Wow, cool, where?

Alana wrote:
    Wow, cool, where?

Because some persons tend to kill birds of prey (pigeon fanciers etc.) I will not post the locations but I can arrange to PM anyone who is interested, providing they can prove they don't have murder on their mind!!

boneless wrote:
    Because some persons tend to kill birds of prey (pigeon fanciers etc.) I will not post the locations but I can arrange to PM anyone who is interested, providing they can prove they don't have murder on their mind!!

Bingo!

Advertisement