Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercers and Tattoo Artists in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

shaz00 wrote: »
    have you heard of the razors edge tattoo parlor located in naas and newbridge co, kildare by any chance? gettin fifth tattoo and have them drawing up some artwork just wondering had anyone any feedback
    heres a link looks good.
    http://www.therazorsedge.info/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭shaz00

Cheers for dat! Had a look steve's tatt's look good, would be doing mine, but kinda sceptical when there's no background info on the artists or reviews to be found anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

wouldnt let that worry me tbh... the pics should speak for themselves.

Cheers ye ur right, his work looks good - will go by the drawings he comes up with for my tatt's! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vita

Razors Edge <TheRazorsEdgeTattoo> thats a link to they're Bebo page, I think, new to this!

• Advertisement

Thanks, appreciate dat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭suzbox

i must say scabbin is a great feelin i luved it lol (i dont half sound weird)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

have you heard of the razors edge tattoo parlor located in naas and newbridge co, kildare by any chance? gettin fifth tattoo and have them drawing up some artwork just wondering had anyone any feedback

Steve in The Razors Edge did my lastest ink on saturday just gone!! Would highly recommend him.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56269021&postcount=2184

Very nice!! What does it mean?? Nice to get feedback at last on the studio. Was that you first piece by steve? Did you design this yourself or did he come up with the concept?

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Very nice!! What does it mean?? Nice to get feedback at last on the studio. Was that you first piece by steve? Did you design this yourself or did he come up with the concept?

It means ''I will love you always, Dad''
    This was my first piece by Steve. he really is great!!! I had the idea and writing style, which he printed up and then did the sketch onto my foot, and he knew I wanted stars involved and he did the rest then!! :D

• Advertisement

Aw dats so nice, very impressed! Have u many other tattoo's any other artists you would recommend? Still waiting for my sketch but think ill give them a go if he comes up trumps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Would really recommend Body Graphix in Navan to anyone, specifially John, v professional and straight forward. Shop is v bright relaxed and clean. Couldnt say anything wrong with em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cherry_Darling

hay everyone i need some help im gettin a few tattoos but they are in my hear and i cant draw them out im not the best with a pencil does anyone know a tatto place in dublin that will draw it out properly from a rough sketch for me.... i dont mind paying for the sketch???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 luckyman11

Hi, Im new to this forum so hopefully im in the right place to seek help. Who is the best tattooist in Galway region to do a custom celtic design tattoo roughly from my shoulder to t-shirt line with knotwork,different shading and alot of black between lines. Probably a bird in book of kells style. I think there are 4 places in Galway city and one in Ballina, Co. Mayo. I would really appreciate some feedback from someone as I want this tattoo to be done well as it will be fairly big. Thanks in advance..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 beour nxt door

TATTOO on Broadstreet in Limerick are good, Sparky and Jay both great artisits and Casey does piercing on the weekends, its a laid back atmosphere. you can go in and tell them what you want and they will draw up a unique tatt for you that you wont see on anybody else, you might hav 2 make an appointment tho. they are friendly to customers, have gotten 2 tattoos done there and i would recommend them

think Hallucinogenic Skins has closed dwn or moved? they were just across frm donkey fords but theres a polish shop there now or sumtin. not sure where Zog and the lads hav gone..

Danny Bullman is ok, he has a big reputation and can go kinda hard on da needle. if u go in there u can get tattooed strait away at times but can be pricey and if u want something unique bring it in wit u or u mite just go by catalogues. i hav my back tattooed by him and i can feel my tattooes b4 i see them as he does go hard on da needle, an iv had dem done four years. heard the piercers in there are ok aswell

El Loco Martinez is supposed to be pretty good these days. hes in Foxes Bow in Limerick Spyro Gyro or Spiral piercings whatever they call it now. my cousin has been going to him since he started in limerick and now has a backpiece done by him, its nice dunno bout the apprentice tho. an wudnt trust them for piercings.... got my eyebrow done in there, i took care of it properly and it grew out within afew weeks. also got my madonna done in there and it was rele crooked, swelled up strait away, they had 2 take it out immediately. my whole lip was badly bruised for a week afterwards. they then did it again 4 free and when i went back to change the bar, i discovered that they put the wrong size in in the 1st place!....if ur gettin pierced in there get the dark haired woman to do it, she has long curly hair, cant remember her name but shes good. wish id went to her the 1st two times...although i got my nose done in there 8 yrs ago and i still hav that so its ok

i personally havnt gotten anyting done in Living Art studio, up da road frm da station, but i hear theyre good. went in afew times inquiring bout ordering in labrets and tongue bars and they were friendly. know afew people who go there and are happy with the place so thats a gud sign neway..

Ross Keogh used 2 b good, got my 1st tatt off him but dunno where he is now

Theres a place in kilkee in county Clare called lepreachaun aswell, they do tatts and piercings. got my tongue pierced there. they didnt use a clamp and i cudnt eat for weeks.. they wer ok but its a bit of a crooked piercing.. i went 2 a piercer in limerick 4 advice an he was not happy bout the way it was done..

dunno if that helpful to anyone or not hopefully it is! any no offence to anybody, they are just some of my experiences

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Serina

Just wondering peoples opinion on Glen at Adonis? Aftercare etc? I wanna get my lip pierced and heard good things bout this guy

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

the hunter wrote: »
    there is two new tattoo artists in wexford one in enniscorthy (celtic tattoos)and one in whitemill in wexford town (umegtattoos)
    has anyone tried either of them yet ???

Paul in Umeg has done all my tattoos (except an old one I got done in Dublin years ago) he is absolutely brilliant, an excellent artist and has an amazing eye for colours. His line-work is second to none, to be honest i wouldn't want anyone else to do my tattoos... he gets it!!

Larry & Rob in Umeg are very good too and they are doing piercings now too.

It's a very sterile, clean & modern setting too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭ladystrange

biko wrote: »
    There a couple in Belfast, one's just off Royal Ave. Another one is www.darkangeltattoos.com Don't know about Derry.

Had one done at Metal Works in Galway, on Shop Street. Well done and was about 150 euros

Not sure if the question of Derry Tattooists has been answered and there's far too many pages to read through, :confused: but there are 2 tattoo studio's in Derry City:

Zak's - William Street, Derry. Tattoo's & Piercings

By far the best though is Tribal Markings - Carlisle Road, Derry. Tattoo's only & run by Dirt and easily one of the best tattooists either myself or my husband have ever dealt with. Loves to do the 'different & personal' stuff.

His mate China runs RingInMaThing, also on Carlisle Road for piercings and again by far the better of the 2 piercing studio's.

As a newbie to the forum, I hope I havent made a complete eeejit of meself and repeated someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Nope, you're all good Ladystrange! :)

I think I mentioned Tribal Markings and Dirt before, as he tattooed a lot of my mates.

RingInMaThing is also recommended.

Not so sure about Zaks, anyone i know that went there just got flash work done, some were happy, some weren't... Nikki Hayes actually has a few done by Zak, but they're not exactly what I'd call great...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Glinda-Xo

Anybody know how much it is to get tragus and navel pierced in body station in georges arcade? I need a reply quick!
    thanks x:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Don't go there, go to a professional body piercers. That place is unsafe, unclean and they use piercing guns. For your own health and safety avoid that place.

thanks...
    should i try snakebite? ar they safe?
    how old do i need 2 b to get them both done...im 15
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Snakebite is an excellent choice :D
    Go talk with them and bring a parent along, because you are still 15 this may cause some problems but maybe with parental consent they may pierce your tragus. Not so sure about your navel.

thanks a million!!:):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Wilburt wrote: »
    Snakebite is an excellent choice :D
    Go talk with them and bring a parent along, because you are still 15 this may cause some problems but maybe with parental consent they may pierce your tragus. Not so sure about your navel.
    I really liked Snakebite but I was a bit put off today after I rang them and whoever answered the phone was pretty rude. Although having said that the staff there are brilliant.

Right, quick review on Inkwell.

Went there today to get a tattoo, never been there before, had spoken to Mark via email about that tattoo and was looking forward to it.

Got there early and was looked after with coffee,came in soaked and Mark got me some paper towls to dry off which was a nice thing to do, everyone was really friendly and there was a great buzz in the place, added to which they have a nice sheltered smoking place out back with tables and seats! :D

Anyway, sat down with Mark and we agreed on a price, he was very good in saying that if it took over the time he wouldn't charge extra and he kept his word.

Everyone else there was good fun and I got none of the elitist attitude that I sometimes feel in other places.

So all in all I'm extremely happy with the day and love my new tattoo to bits :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Yep I agree Inkwell is great. I also went there yesterday like Captain Ginger and John really made me feel welcome and seem to be into my design. He took 3 hours out just to freehand the design on my body on 2 different places. Now I just have the difficult job in trying to choose which one to go for:D:D:D
    Can't wait to go back!!

Kya1976 wrote: »
    Yep I agree Inkwell is great. I also went there yesterday like Captain Ginger and John really made me feel welcome and seem to be into my design. He took 3 hours out just to freehand the design on my body on 2 different places. Now I just have the difficult job in trying to choose which one to go for:D:D:D
    Can't wait to go back!!
    Haha wonder if you were there when I was, I was in place from 4-8:30 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

You must have been I left just before 6. I was the one with drawing all over my chest and arm, black clothes and red lipstick:D

• Advertisement

Kya1976 wrote: »
    You must have been I left just before 6. I was the one with drawing all over my chest and arm, black clothes and red lipstick:D
    I was the guy wearing jeans and a white t-shirt with black hair with a ponytail getting the anime/manga tattoo done :D

Advertisement