Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercers and Tattoo Artists in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 london

oeb, that's brilliant thank you. I'll let you know how I get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ashys

I want to get my tongue pierced but very anxious!!:eek: anyone have any opinions!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 milfy_mel

Hi all, this is my first post on boards.ie, apologies for any mistakes etc!!!!!!!

Im looking to get my first tattoo covered up, im based in cork but would be willing to travel the munster region if guaranteed a good result, iv had two other tattoos done in Living Art in cork that im happy with but im not sure how good they're tattooist Paul would be at cover-ups, the fairy was done in Raven (beware) but theres no way im going back there again!!!!!

i have an idea of what i want over the fairy (which is quite small) but i really want it to be perfect!!!!!!!!

Iv been told that Tattoo Zoo dont do cover-ups which is a shame, iv seen Fergals work and he's brilliant....

Any Suggestions???!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

milfy_mel wrote: »
    Hi all, this is my first post on boards.ie, apologies for any mistakes etc!!!!!!!

Im looking to get my first tattoo covered up, im based in cork but would be willing to travel the munster region if guaranteed a good result, iv had two other tattoos done in Living Art in cork that im happy with but im not sure how good they're tattooist Paul would be at cover-ups, the fairy was done in Raven (beware) but theres no way im going back there again!!!!!

i have an idea of what i want over the fairy (which is quite small) but i really want it to be perfect!!!!!!!!

Iv been told that Tattoo Zoo dont do cover-ups which is a shame, iv seen Fergals work and he's brilliant....

Any Suggestions???!!!!!!!

Raul in Smily Dog on Malbrough (sp?) Street has some nice cover ups in his portfolio. Never got a cover up from him, but I do have other work done by him and it came out great.

ok thanks, was actually just lookin at a beautiful tat done by smiley dogg in the "show me yours" thread, its of sakura flowers, i didnt know that place existed till now!!!!! are they there long?????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

About a year, before that they were on Oliver Plunkett Street and they were called Triple X I think?

They used to be XXX tattoo down by the post office.

Ok thanks a million guys ill call into them before the week is out to check out their work!!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Smiley Dog have moved, they're now on Douglas St.

Tribal Inc on Kyles Street (Down the side of the Coal Quey by Peg Twoomy's) do cover ups too. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

any reviews of celtic tattoo in athy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 murphys1

IN LIMERICK THEY ASK YOU HOW MUCH YOU HAVE TO SPEND ON A TATTOO NOT WHAT AGE YOU ARE ,FIRST YEAR KIDS AS YOUNG AS 14 IN LIMERICK HAVE THEIR NAME TATTOO ON THEIR BACK,YOU GET THE SAME ANSWER WHEN YOU COMPLAIN {SHE}LOOKED OLDER TO ME .IF THEY WERNT SMOKIN HASH WHILE WORKIN THEY MIGHT LOOK AT WHO THEY ARE WORKIN ON ,MY DAUGHTER CAME HM WITH A UNICORN ON HER TUMMY ,SHE IS 15YRS OLD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

OMG CAPS!

Type normally and dont just come on here screaming and ranting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

murphys1 wrote: »
    IN LIMERICK THEY ASK YOU HOW MUCH YOU HAVE TO SPEND ON A TATTOO NOT WHAT AGE YOU ARE ,FIRST YEAR KIDS AS YOUNG AS 14 IN LIMERICK HAVE THEIR NAME TATTOO ON THEIR BACK,YOU GET THE SAME ANSWER WHEN YOU COMPLAIN {SHE}LOOKED OLDER TO ME .IF THEY WERNT SMOKIN HASH WHILE WORKIN THEY MIGHT LOOK AT WHO THEY ARE WORKIN ON ,MY DAUGHTER CAME HM WITH A UNICORN ON HER TUMMY ,SHE IS 15YRS OLD.

I wasn't a pair of gay unicorns was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gabbzz

heyy aam i hav had a lot of good expierences on tatoos & piercings from "from the gunn" tralee...this is the 1 by radio kerry & they also have very good prices and have lovly staff!!!!! they mite hav a bad rep according 2 some ppl but most of these ppl hav never set footinside the door or even spoken 2 any of the staff and have no piercings,, so if any dosent no wher 2 go 4 piercings GO 2 FROM THE GUNN TRALEE!!!!:) xoxo..

gabbzz wrote: »
    heyy aam i hav had a lot of good expierences on tatoos & piercings from "from the gunn" tralee...this is the 1 by radio kerry & they also have very good prices and have lovly staff!!!!! they mite hav a bad rep according 2 some ppl but most of these ppl hav never set footinside the door or even spoken 2 any of the staff and have no piercings,, so if any dosent no wher 2 go 4 piercings GO 2 FROM THE GUNN TRALEE!!!!:) xoxo..

Personally, I have never heard anything bad about his piercings, and I know a good few people that got run through there and they are happy with the piercings they received there. His tattoos however are a different matter. It's nothing to do with how clean the place is, the prices anything like that, it's just the fact that nearly every single tattoo I have seen come out of there is for lack of a better description 'A bad job'.

Among the highlights that I have seen:
    A 'Fighting Irish' Leprechaun with 6 fingers on each hand.
    Tribal pieces with stray lines that went too far or went off in the wrong direction.
    Uneven pieces (Pieces that are supposed to be symmetrical, that are just ... not, inconsistent line work etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm thinking Gabbzz possibly has a vested interest in promoting the place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

Anybody know anything about Chris Crooks / Mr Ink in Belfast? I have seen some of his japanese stuff on his bebo page and it looks pretty decent, kind of wondering about the whole religion thing, I have a semi republican tattoo on my arm from years ago, not sure if the troubles are still an issue or were ever an issue with him. I dont want to go up and have him spot my arm and tell me to fcuk off. I am sure he is way more professional than that but I'm just checking.
    If you read this Chris, no offence intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pixiestix

i am moving to Brittas Bay very soon, i was wondering if the tattoo studio in Wicklow town is any good and if the guys working there are nice/professional or only in it for the money, it is on the main street, not sure what the street is called, but it's the one with all the shops and bars on it. any info on this would be seriously appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

Anybody know anything about Chris Crooks / Mr Ink in Belfast? I have seen some of his japanese stuff on his bebo page and it looks pretty decent, kind of wondering about the whole religion thing, I have a semi republican tattoo on my arm from years ago, not sure if the troubles are still an issue or were ever an issue with him. I dont want to go up and have him spot my arm and tell me to fcuk off. I am sure he is way more professional than that but I'm just checking.
    If you read this Chris, no offence intended.

He's a friend of mine. lovely chap, very talented, mad hair. I'm sure it won't be a problem. when in doubt, say what you just said there^^^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Armedcor

gabbzz wrote: »

Got my first piercing in From the Gunn and all i can say is meh to be honest, friend of mine got his tattoo there and its really not the best...at all. Metal Urges in Tralee, Maurice is really one of the best around, is the only place in kerry to go IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 grazielle

pixiestix wrote: »
    i am moving to Brittas Bay very soon, i was wondering if the tattoo studio in Wicklow town is any good and if the guys working there are nice/professional or only in it for the money, it is on the main street, not sure what the street is called, but it's the one with all the shops and bars on it. any info on this would be seriously appreciated.

Hey pixiestix, I think the one you're talking about is celtic tattoo? It's near the indian on the lower mall.
    I went there on friday for my first tattoo with a friend. When we went in to make an appointment, the guy at the desk was kinda rude to us, but I suppose there was a few of us there together and he thought we were underage. When we actually came back to get the tattoo, there was only the 2 of us and he was way nicer. A different guy did the tattoo and i don't know much about tattooing, but he definitley used new needles and ink for both my friend and I. They were pretty good telling us about aftercare and the studio was nice and clean and sterile. Were both happy with our tattoos and i suppose i'd recommend them! There is another parlour in wicklow too but it has no signs up and tbh the guy looks dirty and it seems kinda dodgey... I have no experience but its jst the impression i got!
    Hope this helps!

I just found their website:http://www.celtictattoostudios.com/Wicklowhome.html

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pixiestix

grazielle wrote: »
    Hey pixiestix, I think the one you're talking about is celtic tattoo? It's near the indian on the lower mall.
    I went there on friday for my first tattoo with a friend. When we went in to make an appointment, the guy at the desk was kinda rude to us, but I suppose there was a few of us there together and he thought we were underage. When we actually came back to get the tattoo, there was only the 2 of us and he was way nicer. A different guy did the tattoo and i don't know much about tattooing, but he definitley used new needles and ink for both my friend and I. They were pretty good telling us about aftercare and the studio was nice and clean and sterile. Were both happy with our tattoos and i suppose i'd recommend them! There is another parlour in wicklow too but it has no signs up and tbh the guy looks dirty and it seems kinda dodgey... I have no experience but its jst the impression i got!
    Hope this helps!

I just found their website:http://www.celtictattoostudios.com/Wicklowhome.html

thanks a squillion! that is a big help indeedy, i need to get my back and a sleeve done so i will check em out, thanks for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 xtraevil6666

Tattoo by Matthew co.meath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 techguru2k8

the whiter you are the more narely the tatoo will look

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

HII.
    silly question, but i was wondering does anyone know how much it'd be for a tragus piercing in inkwell?
    i wanna pay for it for my friends birthday, just gotta make sure i have enough money (;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Anna353

|Rob at Body Graphix in Navan is the man to see...professional, clean and has his masters in Art...and that has to count for something!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

We get it, that's the 3rd post you've mentioned these guys.
    I'm all for people liking tattoo studios but this is getting a bit mad.
    3 posts in total, all mentioning these guys.

Try calm it down a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 nu-g 2008

does anyone think your ready to get a tattoo at 18 ?

i do consider myself quite mature but........

its obviously a big decision to make !

and i dont want a 15 yr old telling me 'yeah its fine etc..'

someone who knows what there talking about.

thanks

cormac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

nu-g 2008 wrote: »
    does anyone think your ready to get a tattoo at 18 ?

i do consider myself quite mature but........

its obviously a big decision to make !

and i dont want a 15 yr old telling me 'yeah its fine etc..'

someone who knows what there talking about.

thanks

cormac

I think at the age you're at it's more so the amount of time you have put into choosing and making sure you want it more so than weather you're 18/19/20 ect ect.

I mean, if an 18 year old spent a decent amount of time working out exactly what they want and then decide they really want it and get it then I can't see anything wrong with it. On the flip side a 30 year old could walk in to a place and pick something off the wall (this happens more than you may think :( ) and it would mean nothing to them.

Best of luck with your decision.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 nu-g 2008

I think at the age you're at it's more so the amount of time you have put into choosing and making sure you want it more so than weather you're 18/19/20 ect ect.

I mean, if an 18 year old spent a decent amount of time working out exactly what they want and then decide they really want it and get it then I can't see anything wrong with it. On the flip side a 30 year old could walk in to a place and pick something off the wall (this happens more than you may think :( ) and it would mean nothing to them.

Best of luck with your decision.

yeah well i have been thinking of a tattoo for over a year , i have done lots of research on the one i want ( a cross) and have visited 6 or 7 tattoo parlours.

so i wonder why have not gotten it yet ? im not fully commited to it i think , i keep thinking will i regret it when im older but then i think i wont regret it cause it means a lot to me personally.

i would never pick a random tattoo , i want

1) a cross due to my religion and belief in god etc and

2) my star sign scorpio !, i just cant figure out where ?

i have gone from back , shoulder , ankle , calf , thigh , arms etc

does anyone recommend a specific tattoo place ?, the one in temple bar looks good , top floor somewhere cant remember.

Advertisement