Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercers and Tattoo Artists in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭suzbox

i have two tattoos one on my left shoulder blade area and one on my right ankle and im only after turning 17 i do realise some people think it was realy stupid to get them done when i may regret them in the future and all that and that i was so young when i got them done but i duno i dont realy care to be honest i love them

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

Hey All,

I am looking for a good bit of advice here, I guess. So here goes.....

When I was younger, and on holidays, and drunk, (getting the picture here?) I got a stupid small tattoo of a half moon on my lower back, to win a bet.

I absolutely hate it, so I really want to cover it up with something I actually like. Maybe a tribal design, something a bit more masculine than a small little half moon anyway!

So,
    Q1. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good tattoo (I don't mind how big) for the lower back of a man? (And ya I know it's usually women who get lower back tattoos, but nothing I can do about that now).

Q2. Can anyone highly recommend a tatooist, anywhere in Ireland? I would travel anywhere to ensure I can get the best possible.

Q3. Does anyone know of a graphic designer/tatooist that can help me in designing a tattoo?

Sorry for all the questions, but any help/advice really would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭vines

cybrandian wrote: »
    Hey All,

I am looking for a good bit of advice here, I guess. So here goes.....

When I was younger, and on holidays, and drunk, (getting the picture here?) I got a stupid small tattoo of a half moon on my lower back, to win a bet.

I absolutely hate it, so I really want to cover it up with something I actually like. Maybe a tribal design, something a bit more masculine than a small little half moon anyway!

So,
    Q1. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good tattoo (I don't mind how big) for the lower back of a man? (And ya I know it's usually women who get lower back tattoos, but nothing I can do about that now).

Q2. Can anyone highly recommend a tatooist, anywhere in Ireland? I would travel anywhere to ensure I can get the best possible.

Q3. Does anyone know of a graphic designer/tatooist that can help me in designing a tattoo?

Sorry for all the questions, but any help/advice really would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ray.
    Hi Ray,

I can help you with Q2 and Q3, as for what design to get on your back, that's entirely up to you!
    I recommend Darren in Colourworks, he does great cover-ups, and he's really honest so i he thinks something can't be done, or won't look good, he'll tell you up front. Also he will help you design your own tattoo, and he doesn't mind how much input you have, he just like drawing decent tattoos!!!
    Colourworks is in Temple Bar in Dublin, two doors down from Bodyshock, next to the central bank on Dame street. He's on the second floor, above some place called Flick I think? (I go there so often I don't really think about directions....)
    I can't speak highly enough of Darren, he really is an amazing tattoo artist!

Hope that helps!

nu-g 2008 wrote: »
    does anyone recommend a specific tattoo place ?, the one in temple bar looks good , top floor somewhere cant remember.
    Again....Colourworks! Can't recommend it highly enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

hey lads, don't know if anyone on here would be able to help me, but, there was a girl working in the Dublin Tattoo Company shop in Arklow, Debbie's the name, and she left lately, my boyf had a couple of tatts done by her and really liked her work so but didn't know she'd left, so wondering if anyone on here knows if she's tattooing somewhere else now or finished altogether?

thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Anyone know what the story is with Justin? He still tattooing around Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Teferi wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with Justin? He still tattooing around Dublin?
    where was he working??? last name??
    It's kinda like me asking if you know john from kilkenny

think he means from zulu, afaik he's in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cybrandian

Hey Vines,

Just to say thanks very much for your help. Think I will go to Dublin and call into Darren next week.

Cheers,

Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Le Rack wrote: »
    think he means from zulu, afaik he's in limerick

Yeah from Zulu. I heard rumours he is coming up to Dublin every 2nd week or so?

• Advertisement

dunno mate, not heard any more than that myself, although i was passing zulu one day last week and it seemed very up and running...i dunno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 london

Went to the studio, great people and fitted me in even though they were fully booked.

I very pleased with the result, what do you think?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tattoo4life/2925987569/in/set-72157606258824713/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

london wrote: »
    Went to the studio, great people and fitted me in even though they were fully booked.

That is really well done. Fair play to whoever it was that did it. (cba reading back through).

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭kookiebrew

hey... looking to get a couple of celtic tattoos but want to go to the right place... can anyone recommend someone good on the west coast... would travel from galway to cork if neccessary... was lookin at a few websites and was thinking of the place in tralee... any ideas...

cybrandian wrote: »
    Hey Vines,

Just to say thanks very much for your help. Think I will go to Dublin and call into Darren next week.

Cheers,

Ray.

Hi Ray,

Glad to be of assistance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Anyone have any idea where Jim from inkworks in Wicklow has disappeared to?

He had an argument with his boss and left people with half done tats..

Apparently he's in Bray somewhere but that may just be gossip..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 london

london wrote: »

Sorry, should have said it was done at
    Pachamama Tattoo Studio in Killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pixiestix

hiyas :P
    not sure if this is the right place to be puttin this, but i am lookin to get a very detailed piece on my whole back (ouchees muchos me thinks), not sure if it will have colour or if i will get it in just black and grey and white, and also i want a chest piece, the chest piece aint so urgent as it is just a cover up and jumpers/t-shirts/silly putty work just as good at a fraction of the price :D ...i usually drag my little ass into Tara in Zulu, but i heardled that Zulu ran off and closed, now i dunno where to go to. So if anyone has any suggestions for a good place in dublin, wicklow or galway...or nearishy to them places, i'd really appreciate the advice.

pixiestix wrote: »
    hiyas :P
    ...i usually drag my little ass into Tara in Zulu, but i heardled that Zulu ran off and closed, now i dunno where to go to. So if anyone has any suggestions for a good place in dublin, wicklow or galway...or nearishy to them places, i'd really appreciate the advice.

As far as I know, Zulu is still open? However I'd recommend Darren in Colourworks, above Flip beside the Central Bank in Temple Bar.....he did a full sleeve for me, and I'm defo going back for more!

vines wrote: »
    As far as I know, Zulu is still open? However I'd recommend Darren in Colourworks, above Flip beside the Central Bank in Temple Bar.....he did a full sleeve for me, and I'm defo going back for more!

cheers a million, will have a merve at his stuff when i am in Dublin again :D

keep the suggestions flowin tho, i want this piece to be really good and also fekkin amazing
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

cheers a million, will have a merve at his stuff when i am in Dublin again :D

keep the suggestions flowin tho, i want this piece to be really good and also fekkin amazing
    :)

What style are you thinking?

What style are you thinking?

i was thinking of a pixie looking all tattered but cheeky, sitting in a river....maybe all black and grey with flecks of white or light colouring in her wings, and little fire flies and lady birds and stuff in the backround, i still have to design it, but i have the exact idea in my head, so the designing will be easy, but i want it really detailed and quite large

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

i was thinking of a pixie looking all tattered but cheeky, sitting in a river....maybe all black and grey with flecks of white or light colouring in her wings, and little fire flies and lady birds and stuff in the backround, i still have to design it, but i have the exact idea in my head, so the designing will be easy, but i want it really detailed and quite large

i can recommend David M in foxes bow in Limerick, he has done all my tats , here is a pic of the one he did on my side

Tat003.jpg

phone number is 061 312366 he is also known as Loco Martinez

Wow that amazing!

Lilliput69 wrote: »
    i can recommend David M in foxes bow in Limerick, he has done all my tats , here is a pic of the one he did on my side

Tat003.jpg

phone number is 061 312366 he is also known as Loco Martinez

oh cool tat! cheers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sg1

from the gunn tralee no 1 in the game he studied it for years my brother has his whole back done and as for the last post about the place on about lines out of place get ur eyes cheked

sg1 wrote: »
    and as for the last post about the place on about lines out of place get ur eyes cheked

erm....wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

sg1 - whats up? try flesh out your responses

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

sg1 wrote: »
    from the gunn tralee no 1 in the game he studied it for years my brother has his whole back done and as for the last post about the place on about lines out of place get ur eyes cheked

Funny how you've only had 3 posts on the site, all three promoting "from the gunn"... Do you work there or do you have an affiliation with them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Megron

I'm not going to go undercover trying to promote the shop I work for. I'm just trying to get the word out that Hell Funky's Tattoo has had a change of staff.

We now have a full time piercer/manager (myself), are moving locations, and redoing the website.

I highly suggest anyone questioning where to go in dublin check out the website and stop by the shop. If you're getting a piercing I will personally be doing it, but we have several tattoo artists who are amazing at what they do.

Best of all the new place has a nazi like cleaning regime and is spotless and going to stay that way. We have a brand new fancy autoclav, AND our prices are EXTREMELY competitive since I have a personal relationship with wholesalers from America who sell the exact same things you get in the UK but at a cheaper price and in the dollar instead of the euro.

http://www.hellfunkystattoo.com/hell.html

PLEASE don't take my word for it, come check it out yourself. make sure to ask to see the sterilization room and equipment too!!

and if you don't choose to come to Hell Funky's PLEASE make sure you are going somewhere clean!! when in doubt CHECK IT OUT!... ask to see their sterilization room and look for a big metal box with gauges on it, sinks, etc. also ask to see the most recent SPORE test they have, as they should get one every month. if a shop doesn't have a spore test within 6 weeks their sterilization equipment might not be doing it's job.

if you look around the shop and it looks dirty, it probably is!

Advertisement