Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercers and Tattoo Artists in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

check your PM's please megron :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I am in favour of Hell Funky's :pac:

As I'm sure you're aware by now

As am I and most people :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Megron

Will wrote: »
    As am I and most people :)

its really nice and complimentary to hear that. honestly though, if there is anything you didn't like/ think should be changed about your experience let me know.

I'm only interested in making every customer come out of the shop happy with whatever they've gotten done.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pixiestix

i never heard of them before but i will deffo check it out, loooked at the website thingy and it looks like my kinda place :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sofaspud wrote: »
    I am in favour of Hell Funky's :pac:

As I'm sure you're aware by now

We know you are Mr. Pic 30 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I must check this place out!

... do they sell plugs? :D

we have a small selection of plugs ATM, but I am placing a HUGE order to my company in america at the beginning of next week.

if you want to stop by before i place the order I can show you all of the plugs online and i can order exactly what you want and set it aside for you.

if you don't make it in I have a custom order thing going, so you can get whatever you want, whenever you want, cheaper than almost every place ive seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

do you post stuff out?

(irish, living on teh wrong side of the equator)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

What companies do you order your plugs from if you don't mind me asking?

(I'm fairly familiar with a few of the US-based manufacturers cuz I end up importing most my jewellery from there, because no one stocks them here :()

• Advertisement

plugs usually come from tombstone bodyworks and leroi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Funny how you've only had 3 posts on the site, all three promoting "from the gunn"... Do you work there or do you have an affiliation with them?

You would especially be wondering if you have seen some of the crap that I have seen come out of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭line_of_fire

Hey guys, has anyone had any tattos doen in Impulse in maynooth just wondering what they are like and would you recommend them. Thanks x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

Hi guys can anyone recomend anywhere in carlow??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Satiro

Don't be daft!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Satiro way to go on being helpful there. I can see you are only new, but these posts are to help people, not just take the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭shivkk06

Celtic Tattoos in Carlow www.celtictattoostudios.com

...subtle

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭shivkk06

me??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Doberman

Ok, quick update,

BodyGraphix in Navan has closed. That's a good thing. Neither piercer was any good. He had a shaky hand and was poorly trained, she was never trained properly. On the Tattoo side, Rob the polish guy was excellent, Darragh is one of the worst tattooists i've ever seen. truly awful.

True Love in Navan is a good shop, Piku the Hungarian is excellent and Glenn is good also.

Now, does anyone know if there is a tattoo studio in Athlone or Kilkenny, good or otherwise. I'm planning on opening a shop in one of those 2 places next year. I have a tattooist coming over from Hungary on the recommendation of one of the best tattooists in the world, Zsolti from Dark Arts in Budapest (www.darkart.hu) and i'm also heading on a tour of Eastern Europe to find a second tattooist from there. And i've spoken to Snakebite and am hopeful of getting someone who served under Rob(who is by far and away the best piercer in Ireland by the way) to be my piercer. So any info on shops in Athlone or Kilkenny would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement

Rob has had a few apprentices, steve who works there in snakebite now.
    Mark who runs his own shop and glen who also runs his own place too. I don't know of any others except 1 guy but he left towards the end and never finished his apprenticeship.

Not too sure about studios in those places mentioned cos im in dublin, however some posters here are from that area who maybe able to enlighten you better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭tayto909

you're planning to open up shop unaware of other studios in the area? :eek: do some homework my man. maybe even a visit, lol.and yes, they both have established studios that cater for the local market requirements nicely..i.e. flash and more flash.

Tayto how goes the search for the apprenticeship?

i managed to bag one. 2months into it this week. loving it. hard, hard work, but it's rewarding, even at this early stage. i had to relocate completely too with about a week of notice, which wasn't much fun.but it is now.

Awesome!

It's pretty clear you've got talent drawing brill flash, hopefully you can transfer it to the tattoo machine! :D

so happy for ya :)

thanks man. did you look into that piercing apprenticeship that was offered there the other week? -here on boards.

Sorta, have my eye on a different prize at the moment ;)
    All will become clear in a few weeks with any luck :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Doberman

tayto909 wrote: »
    you're planning to open up shop unaware of other studios in the area? :eek: do some homework my man. maybe even a visit, lol.and yes, they both have established studios that cater for the local market requirements nicely..i.e. flash and more flash.

As i said, it'll be some point next year. I plan on visiting both frequently and checking the competition. If there are shops in both neither can be up to much as they've no known reputation. I know a number of people in college in Athlone who had no idea there was a shop there. Regardless of the competition, with the two tattooists i'll be bringing with me we'll build a reputation quickly.

Do some homework?? From an apprentice? Behave yourself lad! Haven't you got floors to be cleaning with a box of q-tips?
    This will be my 4th studio, first in Ireland, the others are all going very very well. I know exactly what i'm doing. As i said, competition is only competition if they're any good.

And Will, Rob has had loads of apprentices.

Good to know thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭enimakat

hey guys,
    bit of a newbie here so basically heres the lowdown, been wantin a tatt for ages and finally came up with a design idea a while ago. id been looking around for a decent parlour and decided to go with celestial ring here in dublin because a friend recommended them. they werent the friendliest when i went in at first but i guess they gotta be a bit like that to make sure that i know wat im getting myself into and this isnt a spur of them moment thing so i didnt really mind. anyway i dropped in with my idea to the artist the next day and he hasnt got back to me yet. its only a small tat that i want so i guess hes not really giving it much priority but he hasnt got back to me in a week. should i (a)wait (b)go in and see if he just lost my number or somethin or (c) take my business elsewhere and if so where? also any other advice you might think i need is much appreciated!
    thanks

Advertisement