Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for Barna, Galway??

• 06-06-2005 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Does anyone know when the Barna exchange will be up and running for broadband? or if there are any other ways of getting broadband in this area ie: wireless, SDSL, etc???

Cheers...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Leap wireless works out in Barna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭puma5k

If I really wanted to advertise, I should have bought some ads from boards.ie instead.

I'm silly like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dolanpj

Cool...that's good news. I currently live in salthill and shall be moving out to Barna in about 2 months. The thoughts of having to go back to dial up was seriously depressing...but good news indeed.

Thanks for your help guys!!!

If I really wanted to advertise, I should have bought some ads from boards.ie instead.

I'm silly like that.

puma5k wrote:
    snipped

how does a fixed wireless antenna follow someone for 2 miles ????

would you care to explain this technology and would you care to tell us who you are selling for ????

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote:
    how does a fixed wireless antenna follow someone for 2 miles ????

would you care to explain this technology and would you care to tell us who you are selling for ????

I'm silly like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

puma5k wrote:
    snipped
    Don't worry. Someones bound to start a thread pimping a private massage service :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dolanpj

Just got this mail from Irish broadband....what do you think?

Dear Paul,

Unfortunately we have no planned coverage for Barna at the moment.

What I would suggest is that you log on to www.broadband.gov.ie where you may find providers who can give you coverage sooner.

Kind Regards,

Martin Quinn

Residential Sales

Irish Broadband

a subsidiary of NTR plc

Burton Court

Burton Hall Road

Sandyford Industrial Estate

Dublin 18

Ireland

has anyone got any other ideas??

you can get dsl in Barna surely, it went live a few months back. if you know where you are moving to then go there, plug in a phone and see if there is a soft dialtone ( a hum really ) .

now dial 199000 , note down the number it speaks back , this workss on every eirocm line so try it on the one nearest you.

if that number is a pass on the database you will be able to get dsl on that line .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Puma5k's junk snipped. Naughty.

Banned too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jman

I spoke to a contact in Eircom yesterday. The estimated
    completion date for the Barna exchange upgrade is now
    end of september.

Note: this is only an estimate.

Barna was upgraded and on the market in April/May and was then pulled for some reason(s) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

does anyone know the leap home prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

is com1 still here try ringing the number 01 4888 900 :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭PlasmaFish

Com1 use leap.ie, call leap they have a client in Claregalway also. you must have LOS of Tonabrucky hill to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭thebackbar

Paul,

Any look getting DSL in Barna, I rang eircom up recently and they said it would be available before xmas (I image that was just a standard answer every one is given)

I know a few people in the village who have being plagueing eircom to make dsl available but still no joy ....

the lastest news from Eircom on the availablity of Broadband in Barna, has anyone heard anything different to the details below ??

Despite a delay of six months, Eircom are hopeful that Bearna will be broadband enabled by Christmas.
    Last December, the company said that by the end of June this year access would be available in the village, as well as in Carna, Carraroe, Oughterard, and Claregalway.
    However, five months later, Bearna remains the only location in this group which has not been connected to the high speed service.
    Paul Bradley of Eircom said that the I.T. systems had to be updated in the village, which took longer than expected.
    Every exchange is different, they are not uniform, and some require more upgrades than others.
    He said, however, that Eircom are hopeful that Bearna will be Broadband enabled by Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

thebackbar wrote:
    the lastest news from Eircom on the availablity of Broadband in Barna, has anyone heard anything different to the details below ??

Despite a delay of six months, Eircom are hopeful that Bearna will be broadband enabled by Christmas.
    Last December, the company said that by the end of June this year access would be available in the village, as well as in Carna, Carraroe, Oughterard, and Claregalway.
    However, five months later, Bearna remains the only location in this group which has not been connected to the high speed service.
    Paul Bradley of Eircom said that the I.T. systems had to be updated in the village, which took longer than expected.
    Every exchange is different, they are not uniform, and some require more upgrades than others.
    He said, however, that Eircom are hopeful that Bearna will be Broadband enabled by Christmas.

Check your lines today. two buddys of mine here have just gotten it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I was told Christmas by Eircom but I've just line checked on the website and it says I'm good to go. I'll get a proper answer from them tomorrow because otherwise, I'm on the verge of getting an IBB install and no one really wants that, do they?

Hi all, it appears that numbers in the Barna area are now passing the eircom line test, I rang eircom today and ordered it, they hope to have a router out to me next week :) Ill update this post when I have it actually installed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Rang up Esat and they said it was fine. Moreover, Digiweb who told me I couldn't get their wireless rang me up today and offered me DSL.

I got dsl installed last week in Barna, it took six days from the day I ordered it (Ordered it on a Friday, got router on the following thursday) Happy days !!

Advertisement