Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apocalypse Now Redux in Savoy's big screen.

• 06-06-2005 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

7pm tonight. oooh, lordy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

more cinema's should start doing this. Showing classic films, why don't they do it? why?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

A movie that, for me, defined the concept of "ass numbing" when I saw it in the IFI a few years ago. Please save our rears Mr. Coppola and cut out that plantation scene once more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Chevano Riley

ixoy wrote:
    A movie that, for me, defined the concept of "ass numbing" when I saw it in the IFI a few years ago. Please save our rears Mr. Coppola and cut out that plantation scene once more...
    yeah, its a pointless director's cut. there was no justification for any of the extras. but i wanna see it bad on that screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Absolutely Cracking Movie.
    Plantation scene is a little pointless, but I liked it all the same. The other bits added in certainly add a different dimension to the film.

On June 8th the newly refurbished Savoy Cinema on Upper O’Connell Street will celebrate a belated 75th Birthday. The cinema has recently undergone a 2 million euro refurbishment, and to celebrate it has announced a very special season of Classic films. Beginning on June 1st the Savoy will screen 7 of the greatest films of the last 75 years.

Screening details:
    Wednesday June 1st - Screenings at 5.25pm and 8.20pm - Citizen Kane (1941)
    Thursday June 2nd - Screenings at 2.10pm, 4.25pm 6.35pm and 8.45pm - The Third Man (1949)
    Friday June 3rd - Screenings at 2.25pm, 5.25pm and 8.20pm - Some Like it Hot (1959)
    Saturday June 4th - Screenings at 2.25pm, 5.25pm and 8.25pm - On the Waterfront (1954)
    Sunday June 5th - Screenings at 2.30pm and 6.45pm - Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
    Monday June 6th - Screenings at 2.30pm and 7pm - Apocalypse Now, Redux (1979)
    Tuesday June 7th - Screenings at 2.15pm, 5.15pm and 8pm - Goodfellas (1990)

goodfellas tomorrow night.

• Advertisement

Blackjack wrote:
    Absolutely Cracking Movie.
    Plantation scene is a little pointless, but I liked it all the same. The other bits added in certainly add a different dimension to the film.
    opinion on the stranded playboy bunnies?

imho, way to wacky to fit, but good fun nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Playboy bunnies made it interesting. The bit where they stole Killgore's board I thought was definetly a more interesting part.
    The original did not really miss any of these parts and it does not make the film hugely different not to have these,although the nicking of the Surf board certainly shows Martin Sheen's character was a bit different to how the original (insofar as he was capable of having a sense of humour) portrays. But if you're a huge fan of the film (as I am) it's nice to see what Coppola originally wanted to do.

Advertisement